George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Trying out something new on the home page EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Trying out something new on the home page EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Trying out something new on the home page EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Trying out something new on the home page EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Trying out something new on the home page EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Trying out something new on the home page EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Trying out something new on the home page EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Trying out something new on the home page EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Trying out something new on the home page EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Trying out something new on the home page

3 posters

Go down

Trying out something new on the home page Empty Trying out something new on the home page

Post by Admin Sat 17 Oct 2020, 09:17

Hi all

Not sure how many of you visit the home page (as opposed to going directly to the forum page) but if you do, I'm going to try to do a weekly summary of all the things we've been talking about in the forum that week. Would like to know your thoughts on it.

My thinking goes like this: I usually only put what I consider 'proper news' stories on the home page; sightings of George and so on. The idea being that a casual George fan would then see all the stuff he's been up to on the home page, without having to come to the forum and scroll through all the little, 'bitty' threads we have. But, as we see so little of George and there often aren't any big news announcements, that means the page can be unchanged for weeks at a time - sometimes months, which would give a misleading impression that there's nothing going on on the site.

I thought that if I did a round-up of the things we're talking about each week, it might give a better overview of what's going on here - and perhaps easier for those who only visit intermittently to have something like an index that they can use to catch up.

I'm also trying to figure out how to do an easy calendar of events for us. That may or may not go on the home page too, eventually.

The home page is here by the way: www.clooneysopenhouse.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trying out something new on the home page Empty Re: Trying out something new on the home page

Post by annemarie Sat 17 Oct 2020, 12:07

Sounds good Katie , it will be easier to see what you have missed .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Trying out something new on the home page Empty Re: Trying out something new on the home page

Post by LizzyNY Sat 17 Oct 2020, 18:45

Sounds like a good idea. I don't know how you work around the times when there's no news though. Maybe a survey for "guests" to find out what features they'reĀ  most interested in?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down