George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win?

3 posters

Go down

Which Batman was better? George Cloony or Adam West?

George Clooney, natch

Adam West!

Seriously? Who gives a damn?

What's a Batman?

View results

George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? Empty George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win?

Post by Admin Fri 31 Jul 2020, 21:34

Aha!  Is it just me or would everyone secreatly like to pair up Clooney's Batman against Adam West's?  No?  Just me and the loser who wrote this article, then.  Anyhoo, I'm making this a poll so you guys can vote.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[h1]George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win?[/h1]

George Clooney and Adam West's performances as the Caped Crusader are two of the most iconic ever. Which version of Batman would win in a fight?

BY SAM HUTCHINSON22 HOURS AGO

The Batman character has been around for over 80 years. This longevity has allowed the DC superhero to jump from the pages of the comic books to the silver screen on several occasions, with an array of talented stars taking on the role over the years.

Two of the most notable actors to have played Batman are Adam West and George Clooney. The former starred in the beloved 1960s TV series while the latter lead the late Joel Schumacher's critically panned Batman & Robin. But love them or hate them, both West and Clooney's performances highlighted the goofy nature of the Batman mythos and character.

[size=39]10George Clooney: More Charming[/size]

While George Clooney’s portrayal of Batman was almost universally criticized, his portrayal of Bruce Wayne was often overlooked. Clooney depicted the billionaire character brilliantly, perfectly capturing the "party boy" playboy billionaire.

Clooney's charming personality could give him an advantage in any fight. Against West’s Batman, it could even allow Clooney to catch West off guard, giving him a head start.

[size=39]9Adam West: More Intelligent[/size]

Batman is typically known for his mind. After all, he is the World's Greatest Detective and this ought to be reflected in any adaption of the character from the comic books. While there were many issues with Batman and Robin, one of the more subtle ones was how Batman didn't really do much detective work.

In the 1960s show, though, Batman was undoubtedly an intelligent and sharp detective, capable of working out even the most insane riddles laid down by the Riddler.

[size=39]8George Clooney: Better Fighter[/size]

Naturally, whoever is shown to be the most competent fighter is going to have the best odds for victory in this fight. While George Clooney didn't really have too many incredible fights in the Batman and Robin movie, he certainly showed himself to be more capable than Adam West's Batman.

In the 1960s show and movie, most of the fights were simply Batman and Robin throwing punches at villains and winning. There was very little choreography to show off their fighting skills.

[size=39]7Adam West: Agility[/size]

Agility will put any fighter in good stead. Having a high level of agility will allow one to dodge hits and potentially land even more.

Clooney’s costume is very restrictive, famously preventing the actor from even turning his head in the suit. So it stands to reason that West's lightweight cloth suit will allow him to be more agile than Clooney.

[size=39]6George Clooney: Fitter[/size]

Endurance would play a huge part in the fight between Adam West and George Clooney’s Batman. Whichever Batman is fitter would be able to fight for a longer period of time and have more chance of coming out on top.

Any viewer of the '60s version of Batman will know that Adam West wasn’t in peak physical condition. While Clooney wasn’t either, he was certainly in better shape than West.

[size=39]5Adam West: Gadgets[/size]

The Adam West run on the '60s Batman series is often thought to be a camp, ridiculous mockery of the Batman character. However, looking closely, one can see that it’s actually a fairly good representation of the comics at the time, complete with brilliant gadgets.

These gadgets are often unique and very specific to the situation, so West’s wide variety of weird and wonderful gizmos would give him a leg-up against Clooney’s Batman in any fight.

[size=39]4George Clooney: Armored[/size]

George Clooney’s Batman bizarre costume has been, quite rightly, the result of mockery since it debuted in 1997’s Batman and Robin, notably for the nipples on either side of the bat symbol.

While the costume is ridiculous, there’s no denying that it would easily allow for more protection than West's thin cloth counterpart.

[size=39]3Adam West: Works Better With Robin[/size]

One of the main themes of the Schumacher Batman era was the conflict with Dick Grayson’s Robin. In Batman & Robin, Robin takes issue with how Batman treats him.

However, in Adam West’s series, the pair get on exceptionally well. So if either Batman required help, it’s far more likely that West’s Robin would be of greater assistance.

[size=39]2George Clooney: Has Killed Before[/size]

For many, George Clooney's Batman shouldn’t be considered to be the same as his predecessor Michael Keaton's due to the sharp distinction in both franchise tone and character development.

That being said, it is clear there is some continuity between the Keaton films and Clooney's. Clooney’s Batman has indeed killed before and he could easily do it again.

[size=39]1Adam West: Better Prepared[/size]

While the Adam West Batman will always be known for being far more camp than any of his successors, there’s no denying that he's arguably the most well-prepared Batman to ever grace the silver (or small) screen.

The best example of this is the infamous bat-shark repellent. This is often mocked, but he still brought it with him and should be applauded for doing so.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? Empty Re: George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win?

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Jul 2020, 23:00

This is pathetic! The guy who wrote it clearly has way too much time on his hands (as, apparently, so do I because I sat here reading it!). Embarassed

The one point I will give him: I think this is the first time I've seen anyone differentiate between George's Bruce Wayne/Batman performances. I thought he made a great Bruce Wayne!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win? Empty Re: George Clooney’s Batman Vs Adam West’s: Who Would Win?

Post by Admin Fri 31 Jul 2020, 23:18

Yup. And yet the guy writing this article got paid for it (one hopes) whereas we . . .
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Jul 2020, 23:39

It's a sad, sad world! Sad ( Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 01 Aug 2020, 00:51

Never been a Batman fan myself so Sam’s article cracked me up.  The idea that he took the time to go into deep analysis of two pretty subpar screen interpretations is puzzling to me.  But George in my book wins hands down.  His Batman nippled suit can’t be beat!  And I agree Lizzy.  George personified the Bruce Wayne character.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down