George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor

+3
LizzyNY
annemarie
Admin
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor Empty George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor

Post by Admin Fri 31 Jul 2020, 21:23

Oh boy, our favourite tabloid gossip website (the one promoting bitcoin and currency exchange) is at it again,this time with this incredible clickbait headline.  It's a bit nasty of them to insinuate the impending stroke possibility, though isn't it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor

By
 Camille Heimbrod
 -
July 31, 2020

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]66ème Festival de Venise (Mostra)

George Clooney is, allegedly, planning his $1 million funeral amid fears that he could die anytime.

According to Globe, there are concerns over Clooney’s health and age. As such, George Clooney wants to make sure that his wife, Amal Clooney, and their twins wouldn’t have to worry about anything when he passes away.
“There’s a definite sense of mortality as he nears 60, plus he’d had some major medical issues in his life that he’d be foolish to ignore,” the source said.

George Clooney allegedly wants a lavish funeral

The insider said that Clooney is planning to shell out $1 million from his $500 million fortune because he wants a lavish funeral service. The Ocean’s Eleven actor, allegedly, wants his funeral to be attended by his A-list friends. And the service will, allegedly, be held at a huge cathedral similar to London’s Westminster Abbey.
“He’s even planning finer details like what suit he’ll be wearing and the cuff links,” the source said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney’s accidents, health

The tabloid concocted a dubious story about Clooney due to a past accident that the actor was involved in. Years ago, the actor suffered from crippling back pain and headaches after he cracked his spine while doing stunts.
Two years ago, Clooney crashed his scooter into a truck. And he was rushed to the hospital following the accident. The incident caused trauma to his pelvis.
As a kid, the actor, reportedly, suffered from Bell’s Palsy. And the source said that this could return anytime and trigger a stroke.

“George is mindful of all this, and he loves his family and wants to protect them. That’s why he’s getting ahead of this stuff before old age and serious illness creep upon him,” the source said.

George Clooney rumors debunked

However, one should take the claims made by the tabloid with a grain of salt. Clooney isn’t planning a $1 million funeral. And the actor doesn’t also think that he could die anytime soon.
While it is true that Clooney has been involved in two major accidents in the past, this doesn’t mean that he’s ready to go.
The tabloid is simply creating a soap opera-like story where there is none based on what Clooney previously said during an interview post-accident.
“I was lying in a hospital bed with an IV in my arm, unable to move, having these headaches where it feels like you’re having a stroke, and for a short three-week period, I started to think, ‘I may have to do something drastic about this.’ You start to think in terms of, you don’t want to leave a mess, so go in the garage, go in the car, start the engine. It seems like the nicest way to do it,” George Clooney said.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor Empty Re: George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor

Post by annemarie Fri 31 Jul 2020, 21:42

This is disgusting.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor Empty Re: George Clooney planning his $1 million funeral to spare Amal from stress: rumor

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Jul 2020, 22:33

The quote about being in so much pain was after the accident he had making "Syriana". That was years ago and he has said since that he's pretty much over the effects of that accident.

I'm sure he's not worried about Amal and the kids financial futures, and I can't see him spending $1 million on a funeral. I can see him making out a will and doing whatever you have to do with that much money to be sure that his family doesn't have to deal with that kind of thing when he does pass on.

The older he gets the more of these kinds of stories we're likely to see. And you're right Annemarie. It is disgusting.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 31 Jul 2020, 23:17

He'll have insurance and I'm sure he'll have made whatever financial arrangements are necessary. As for the rest, the idea of his funeral being in a cathedral is laughable. But there you go.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 01 Aug 2020, 00:24

Crying or Very sad
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 01 Aug 2020, 00:56

What a crock.  I’m sure George would laugh his head off at this story.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 04 Aug 2020, 12:47

only a million ????  small funeral compared to the wedding!!!!! sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 04 Aug 2020, 16:32

I expect there's laws against putting coffins on gondolas, so that'll save some pennies  Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 04 Aug 2020, 17:47

With his connections, he can get the laws changed or at least make an exception in his case.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 05 Aug 2020, 06:47

Admin wrote:I expect there's laws against putting coffins on gondolas, so that'll save some pennies  Very Happy

Katie,

how do you expect dead bodies to be removed from their homes, nursing homes and hospitals in Venice? Exactly, on boats! And I'm not sure if there aren't special gondalas for coffins...
They usually don't do it when the canals are crowded, but when we were in Venice last fall, we saw ambulances, garbage disposals and parcel service, all on boats. And when this spring, many people in Venice died from Covid19, you could actually see dead bodies being removed from hospitals on boats.
By the way: The cemetery in Venice is on a special island.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Aug 2020, 09:00

Ah well, you live and learn!  Thanks Carol
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 05 Aug 2020, 19:00

I was actually pretty amazed to see how the Venetians handle all of it - of course they are used to it and had to find solutions for centuries. But to see how goods are delivered on boats, how difficult it is to deliver them across the ponds to the shops, tk see hospital boats on the canals, that's pretty amazing. And though we had a horrible accommodation, it was really worth it since we stayed in San Marco, and in the evenings and early morningd, when most of the tourists had left, the atmosphere was just unbelievable.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down