George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition

3 posters

Go down

New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition Empty New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition

Post by party animal - not! Tue 10 Dec 2019, 11:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition Empty Re: New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Dec 2019, 12:52

[size=47]The Amal Clooney Guide to Style

5 rules + 13 looks that will get you on the best-dressed list in 2020.
By 
Kim Fusaro

December 9, 2019

[/size]

Just like Pantone picks a color palette to set the mood for the year ahead, I pick a fashion muse. For the new decade I’m saying goodbye to floral prints, muted shades, and billowing dress silhouettes—you’re all canceled, just as swiftly as Woodstock 50—and hello to Amal Clooney Style. (Yes, with a capital S.) “Is Amal Clooney Style a thing?” I can hear you asking. Of course it is. It’s fashionable, but never a slave to fashion, and it almost always includes pointy-toed pumps. It says, “I mean business” and “I keep a tailor on retainer” and “Yes, my husband was named Sexiest Man Alive twice, but we all know who the real catch is here.” It’s also very aware of the occasion. At the office, Amal Clooney Style is a solid-color dress that’s knee-length or a little longer, on the weekend though—if you’re actually Amal Clooney, that often means “on the red carpet”—it can be a little bit unexpected.

Ready for a primer in Amal Clooney Style? Let’s recap her best looks from 2019.

Meghan Markle’s Baby Shower

The Duchess of Sussex’s New York baby shower, hosted by close friend Serena Williams, was held in February the penthouse suite at The Mark, a swanky uptown hotel, which reportedly costs $75,000 per night. Which is all to say, Amal Clooney knew she’d be photographed and among well-dressed company. She selected a slim-fitting strapless jumpsuit with a same-color belt that brings us to rule No. 1 of Amal Clooney Style: Accentuate your natural waist. (You won’t see a sack dress in the next dozen photos.) Gold hoops and matching pumps are understated but equally festive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gotham

The Prince’s Trust

A month later, Amal and her mister attended a dinner hosted by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace. George Clooney’s classic tux (and, um Buckingham Palace) indicates that the event was black tie, which means it was the perfect occasion for a floor-length strapless gown paired with a one-shoulder cape with a cascading train. The look perfectly demonstrates Amal Clooney Style rule No. 2: If you’re wearing solid black or white, make sure there’s something visually interesting about the silhouette, texture, or details.

Chris Jackson

People’s Postcode Lottery Gala

Two days later—still on the charity dinner circuit, now in Edinburgh—Amal and George attended a gala on behalf of the Clooney Foundation for Justice, which the two co-founded in 2016. George went tie-free and unbuttoned, while Amal picked a wide-leg one-shoulder navy jumpsuit with matching pumps. The jumpsuit is cinched with a black belt (rule No. 1) that ties in her animal print clutch.

Andrew Milligan - PA Images

U.N. Headquarters

This look, worn to a security council meeting in April, demonstrates two more of the primary rules of Amal Clooney Style: 3) You can’t go wrong with solids. Most of Amal’s looks (especially work dresses) are solid colored. 4) Choose an appropriately sized bag. If Amal needs a laptop and folders, she carries a polished bag that’s big enough to accommodate everything. (I suspect she’d rather take a personal day than do the too-small handbag plus a fabric-tote schlep that I’m prone to do.)

NurPhoto
Out In Manhattan
This white dress hits Amal Clooney Style rule No. 1 from above with seams across the cap sleeves and torso. I’m not sure where she’s headed but based on the length of the dress (below the knee), the matching blazer on her arm, and the size of the bag, I’d guess it’s a professional occasion.

Robert Kamau

U.S. Premiere of Catch-22

Mom and dad hit the black carpet for the Catch-22 premiere in Los Angeles. He might be the movie star, but she’s a style star in an asymmetrical deep green mini dress. The silhouette is fresh, but the solid color and her standard, pointy-toe pumps remind us that she owns the look.

Albert L. Ortega

Omega 50th Anniversary Moon Landing Event

Yes, Amal Clooney Style is mostly solid-colored, but it’s not afraid to be playful. I’m willing to bet the ankle-sweeping gold fringe dress Amal wore to an event in Florida in May saw plenty of time on the dance floor. (It’s impossible to wear flapper-inspired fringe and not dance. That’s a scientific fact, your honor.)

Gerardo Mora

Rome Premiere of Catch-22

A few days later, what appear to be the same gold pumps hit the red carpet in Rome for a second Catch-22 premiere. The crop top and the skirt are patterned, but since both are tone-on-tone, they feel true to Amal Clooney Style.

Mondadori Portfolio

London Premiere of Catch-22

To celebrate a third premiere, a third striking dress. Steal rule No. 5 of Amal Clooney Style for holiday party season: Fake a festive mood with a splashy dress. If you’re fatigued—and who wouldn’t be, by the third premiere—a dress like this makes feel red-carpet ready (or at least makes you appear so) if all you want to do is go home and put up your feet.)

SOPA Images

SAP Ariba Live Conference

On stage in Barcelona in June, the patron saint of Amal Clooney Style demonstrates rule No. 1, in a simple white shift dress with an eye-catching ruffled collar.

Europa Press Entertainment

The Global Conference for Media Freedom

If you’ve been paying attention, you’ll know at first glance that Mrs. Clooney was taking the stage in a professional setting here. The binder, the below-the-knee skirt, and the cropped blazer say, “Yes, I may have been shortlisted for Best British Style, but I also won multiple awards over the course of my higher education.”

Dominic Lipinski - PA Images

The Global Conference for Media Freedom

Speaking the next day at the same event, Amal picked a long-sleeve white jumpsuit with modern epaulets and an ultra-skinny black belt.

Dominic Lipinski - PA Images

Out In Manhattan

On a Tuesday in October, we can be all but certain she’s headed to work in a purple sheath. (First of all, it’s Tuesday, and mama has a job. Second, rule No. 4 tells us she’s not bringing that bag to brunch.) The coat makes for fun commute look, and once it’s tucked in a closet at the office, the dress is ready to be briefed.

Jackson Lee

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition Empty Re: New Glamour Magazine article from today's edition

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Dec 2019, 13:03

I love all these outfits the white one's the most.
Unfortunately, if I wore white it wouldn't be white by the time
I got home heck it might not be so white before I left the house.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Dec 2019, 14:57

Annemarie - Very Happy You're right! Unless you're getting a ride to work, NY is definitely a "dark clothes" city. I really prefer her work wardrobe over the rest of her clothes. And I don't understand the fascination (hers or anyone else's) with jumpsuits. Yes, they can look good. but they're a pain in the neck to wear. You have to get practically undressed just to spend a penny! IMO, annoying!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down