George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is Amal teaching at Columbia this year.

5 posters

Go down

Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. Empty Is Amal teaching at Columbia this year.

Post by annemarie Fri 22 Mar 2019, 23:57

Has anyone heard whether she will be teaching at Columbia this year? I searched and didn't 

find anything. I thought since they are partnering she may be teaching this year.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. Empty Re: Is Amal teaching at Columbia this year.

Post by Admin Sat 23 Mar 2019, 13:10

Good question. Maybe she's taking a break? Not sure how busy her life is with two toddlers and all the other stuff she's got going on. Maybe she can't commit to so much time in one place?

Just guessing here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Amal  teaching at Columbia this year. Empty Re: Is Amal teaching at Columbia this year.

Post by party animal - not! Sat 23 Mar 2019, 13:22

Mm, for all we know she's being doing her usual Spring term (the lunch a clue?) but travelling in dark cars.The term there is over now. She shares the course with the head of the Human Rights Institute too, so that must help with juggling the likes of UN meetings and the ongoing Thomson Reuters Myanmar journalists....

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 23 Mar 2019, 13:33

I was wondering because they usually announce it and there wasn't an announcement for this year.

Thanks Pan.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Mar 2019, 09:00

I think we'd have heard if she was doing it, wouldn't we? At least one student somewhere would have mentioned it at some point, I'da thunk.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 24 Mar 2019, 13:31

All the info here - including necessary text book should you wish to be on the course

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 24 Mar 2019, 14:33

Thanks Pan so she taught in the fall and we had no idea she was here. Fall semester is September to December.

That makes sense since they seem to be in Los Angeles around that time.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 25 Mar 2019, 12:50

Since the class only meets for an hour and a half, twice a week, that gives her lots of time to do other things. And she might not even teach every week so she doesn't have to be here that much.

By the by, that's a pretty pricey textbook. $233? I hope it's not one of those books you use once or twice and then it sits on a shelf forever.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 25 Mar 2019, 13:06

More law Lizzy! Yesterday at the Kalisher Trust

Cate Blanchett was also there

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 25 Mar 2019, 13:16

Thanks PAN. More pics from the Kalisher Trust on Amal’s style site.

Didn’t we know that Amal taught last fall at Columbia? Thought we discussed here but couldn’t find anything under Amal’s thread
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 25 Mar 2019, 13:26

I thought that she did the Spring term last year - there was a lot going on in NYC for them last spring I think.

And I guess if I think about there was the odd thing in Autumn too! The UN etc.

Pretty amazing thought: 12th century Middle Temple building - and Cate Blanchett performing on a small stage with an audience of political leaders and human rights glitterati on a
Sunday evening

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 27 Mar 2019, 08:25

Donnamarie wrote: Thought we discussed here but couldn’t find anything under Amal’s thread
Possibly because we mix up threads so often. For example, this thread: if in a year's time someone wanted to find info about Amal at Kalisher Trust, they wouldn't find it because it's in a thread about her teaching at Colombia . . .

That was a subtle hint Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 27 Mar 2019, 09:23

My fault Katie. Mistakenly thought that if I shoved it here it would get more attention cos it's legal...Sorry. Here's a story from last year's Law school semester - all about the same time as the Met Ball, PENN2018

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:47

I was thinking it would be really interesting if they invited drumpf. But then I realised it would be pointless. He knows (and cares) practically nothing about human rights and would probably lie about the little he does know.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 27 Mar 2019, 13:51

So true Lizzy. So true ....
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 27 Mar 2019, 19:00

But just imagine - Amal having a class discussion about human rights with Drumpf...!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 27 Mar 2019, 22:31

PAN - It would be a very short discussion since he knows nothing about the subject. She could, however, spend years discussing the impact his disgusting policies have had on human rights.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 27 Mar 2019, 23:04

I think the discussion wouldn’t last longer than 5 minutes. No attention span....I imagine that Trump would remind Amal that he met her husband once. He would tell her he couldn’t get over how short he was. Then he would ask her where is the humanity in the overwhelming amount of persecution he has gotten from the Dems. No collusion. No obstruction of justice. Yet the Dems and the media keep attacking me. How inhumane! It’s always about him. No one else.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down