George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather

+4
annemarie
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
carolhathaway
8 posters

Go down

George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather Empty George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather

Post by carolhathaway Tue 12 Feb 2019, 06:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

HOME ROYALSGEORGE CLOONEY COMES TO PREGNANT MEGHAN MARKLE’S DEFENSE, COMPARING HER PLIGHT TO PRINCESS DIANA'S  

George Clooney Comes to Pregnant Meghan Markle’s Defense, Comparing Her Plight to Princess Diana's  

Play Video

George Clooney also revealed whether or not he will be the godfather to Meghan and Prince Harry's baby on the way

ROBYN MERRETT 

February 12, 2019 01:03 AM

George Clooney is standing up for his friend Meghan Markle.

While promoting his upcoming Hulu series Catch-22, Clooney, 57, slammed the way Meghan, 37, has been treated since joining the royal family and compared her experience to that of the late Princess Diana.

“They’re just chasing Meghan Markle everywhere, she’s been pursued and vilified,” Clooney told reporters at a press panel, according to Australia’s Who magazine.

“She’s a woman who is seven months pregnant and she has been pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that Diana was and it’s history repeating itself.”

“We’ve seen how that ends,” Clooney said, Who magazine reported, in reference to Princess Diana’s fatal car crash in 1997 during which she was being cashed by paparazzi.

George Clooney and Meghan Markle

Jeff Spicer/Getty; Chris Jackson/Getty

RELATED ARTICLE: See the First Photos from Hulu’s Catch-22 Starring George Clooney, Kyle Chandler and More

On a much lighter note, Clooney, who attended Meghan and Prince Harry‘s May wedding with wife Amal Clooney, did reveal whether or not he will be the new royal baby’s godfather.

“Oh yes, I’ll be godfather of the royals apparently,” Clooney told reporters before clarifying he was joking with an emphatic, “No!”

“I’m a father of twins, I have enough sh– to deal with — literally!” Clooney said, according to the outlet.

Amal, 41, gave birth to daughter Ella and son Alexander in June 2017.

Princess Diana with Prince Harry in 1987

Georges De Keerle/Getty

RELATED: Prince Harry Is Ready for Fatherhood in This Swoon-Worthy Photo Alongside Pregnant Meghan Markle

It was announced that Meghan and Prince Harry are expecting their first child in October 2018. The baby is due in Spring 2019.

Clooney isn’t the only close friend of Meghan to come to her defense.

Can’t get enough of PEOPLE’s Royals coverage? Sign up for our newsletterto get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!

Meghan Markle

Marty Melville - Pool/Getty Image

RELATED: Meghan Markle in Her Friends’ Own Words: ‘She Personifies Elegance, Grace, Philanthropy’

After maintaining their silence for nearly two years, five women who form an essential part of Meghan’s inner circle have spoken with PEOPLE to “stand up against the global bullying we are seeing and speak the truth about our friend,” says a longtime friend and former costar.

“Meg has silently sat back and endured the lies and untruths,” her former costar says in PEOPLE’s cover story last week. With Meghan and Harry expecting their first child this spring, “we worry about what this is doing to her and the baby,” adds the costar. “It’s wrong to put anyone under this level of emotional trauma, let alone when they’re pregnant.”

Despite the dramatic changes in her life, Meghan’s friends say she’s remained true to herself.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP

A friend from L.A. recalls visiting Kensington Palace’s Nottingham cottage, sharing, “We had a couple of days together recently. Her husband was out of town on work. In the room she made up for me, there was a candle lit by the bed, slippers and a robe. We were the only two in the house. It was our time. She made the most lovely meals. She made tea every day. It was raining and muddy outside, so the dogs got all dirty, and she’s wiping them off with towels. How much she loves her animals, how much she loves her friends, how much she loves feeding you, taking care of you — none of that has changed.”

RELATED: Meghan Markle’s Best Friends Open Up About Her ‘Serene’ Wedding Day

“When you see her at walkabouts, when she crouches down to talk to the kids and genuinely has real conversations with people, that’s Meg,” says her former costar.

“That’s how she crouches down with our kids at home. That’s how she plays with them. That’s how she engages with people and how she always has.”

Clooney’s Catch-22, which he also executive produces, airs on Hulu starting May 17. All six episodes — including the two he directed — will be available to watch all at once.

The series also stars Christopher Abbott, 32, who got his start on HBO’s Girls, as the main character, John Yossarian, and Kyle Chandler, 53, from Friday Night Lights, who plays Colonel Cathcart.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather Empty Re: George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather

Post by party animal - not! Tue 12 Feb 2019, 16:36

Mm, George may want to be a little bit circumspect about what he says about Diana - friend of Prince Harry's aside - because it would be foolish to suggest the press killed her.

In fact, she courted the press in many instances, and had fun with them.

She died for two reasons:

Her chauffeur was drunk (three times over the limit), and speeding, and she was not wearing her sea tbelt. Oh and if she had chosen to have royal security or any security that would have helped too

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather Empty Re: George defends Meghan, talks about becoming godfather

Post by Donnamarie Tue 12 Feb 2019, 18:06

PAN, George seems to still feel very strongly that the press was somewhat responsible for Diana ‘s death despite the official findings of her driver being drunk.     It was a worst case scenario involving stalking photographers, speed and a drunk chauffeur that caused Diana’s death.  I still think the press was pretty brutal to Diana.  

I’ve seen so many headlines before and after Meghan’s marriage to Harry and I feel she is getting that same type of treatment.  Don’t know how much of this negative press is because she is a commoner, biracial, a former actress or an American but the tabloid style coverage has been nonstop.  Bottom line the narrative seems to be that she just isn’t good enough for royalty ... at least that’s the way I’ve been reading it.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 18:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 12 Feb 2019, 18:31

I agree with you Donna, the press were chasing that car so they did play a big part in her death. 

I feel for Meghan her family are the worst with them she doesn't need enemies. I wish the paps would stop

paying that half sister and dad maybe, then they would go away. It seems to be all about the money for those two.

I don't think any of the women who have married into the family have had it easy. Even kate has had her share of 

nasty things written about her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 12 Feb 2019, 19:47

It's interesting because I was talking to an American friend who has lived here for a while but spends a lot of time back home - and she was talking about Meghan's idea of serving tea and said to me 'told you so'.

What she meant by that was that avocado on toast and chocolates in this instance basically didn't give the guests much choice considering she entertained them in Kensington Palace to tea - and we only knew that from one of the guest's Instagram - something else that doesn't happen......so it's the odd faux par which of course the Fail would love.

As for her family, unfortunately they don't seem to realise the behaviour of looking around for a juicy contract for photographs was not going to endear them even to the British at large. They will just laugh! There were even pictures of her sister being wheeled up to the (closed) gates of Buckingham Palace......what did they think was going to happen?! Diplomacy and discretion took a bit of a dive there...

Most people I know thought the wedding was lovely, but actually think she should maybe just have a rest for a bit. And some can't quite understand why she holds her tummy all the time. To be honest I've wondered if there are twins in there!

Somewhere there is a very interesting piece of footage from Eugenie's wedding where she's telling Harry off........and that upset some!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 12 Feb 2019, 20:09

PAN - I think George focuses on the role of the press in Diana's death because he's in the same position she was. Who knows how many times he's been put in a dangerous situation because of the media constantly hunting him down. He accepts that it's part of the job, but it has to rankle that he can't just walk down the street like a normal human being.

I can't imagine facing that kind of 24/7 intrusion with the good humor and grace that George does. I think I'd be much more like Alec Baldwin in the same situation.

Re: Meghan - I think she's just not used to having her every move scrutinised. Having what you served your friends for tea considered a faux pas is something that would probably never occur to her. Honestly, why should anyone care? On this side of the pond we might be curious but, unless she pulled a Trump and served take-out burgers at a state dinner, it wouldn't matter.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 12 Feb 2019, 20:25

Oh, I totally agree, Lizzy. He's realised that that's what goes with the territory these days - that's why he made a point of staying off social media. It is as they say the price of fame and there must have been a time when he courted it - but at least he had prior knowledge of how it was from his father- and he's managed to divert it all for good too.

Yep, Meghan's a bit of a dichotomy I think.

She has a massive confidence and at their first press conferences was the first one with the answers - whereas somebody like Kate stands back and waits for others which is very British too -  they're both great with kids of course and get down to their level to talk to them - couldn't believe Ann Hathaway thought it was a 'technique'! Isn't that what we all do anyway??

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 12 Feb 2019, 21:19

I hope in the coming months she gets some peace and they can enjoy the birth of their child without the nonsense.

And Piers Morgan has decided that Meghan abandoned her family for Hollywood types like George. He is another one that
needs to sit down and shut up.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 12 Feb 2019, 22:10

To be honest,even if that were true, who could blame her?

Her mother is completely the opposite, and the absolute soul of discretion

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 12 Feb 2019, 22:40

There simply is NO comparison between Diana and Meghan....

Diana was half Meghans age when she was trust into the spotlight....young Diana never looked for fame or sought it.... it was part of the job..... until the cracks started to appear some 12+ years later, at that stage she knew enough about PR to use it to her advantage against the men in grey.....

Meghan was a working actress “famous” already... she was where she wanted and planned to be she sought and found fame all by herself.... 

I think what upset me most were the weeks running up to the wedding.....I could not for the life of me understand why she did not draw a halt to the wedding.... it would have been an easy sell to the public to say “We have decided to postpone the wedding until all issues are kindly and sensitivity resolved” .....At that stage she should have put DUTY before love and backed away gracefully..... THAT would have been behaving like a Royal.... What on Gods green earth was she doing forging ahead everyday bring more and more embarrassment to herself and the Queen .....

Incase you haven’t guessed... I don’t dislike her.... but I am terribly scared she will eventually upset the Queen and ultimately Harry...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 12 Feb 2019, 23:03

Seeing how much her own family has gotten up to over the years I doubt there is anything Meghan could do to upset the Queen. She seems to be a nice and caring young woman . She and Harry seem happy and in love hopefully her families
stupidity wont cause her anymore pain.

I don't see how any of this is Meghan's fault her family are money hungry and want attention. My guess is that is exactly why she and her mother decided not to have them at the wedding. 

Sadly, it's true you can't pick your relatives.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 12 Feb 2019, 23:26

I guess I haven't been following Meghan as closely as some others have - or maybe she's covered differently in the media here. Other than some minor protocol errors, what exactly has she done to earn such dislike?

As Annemarie said, you can't pick your relatives. Her mother seems like a lovely woman. If her other relatives aren't quite up to snuff, either are some of the royals. Charles and Camilla certainly caused plenty of embarrassment to the Queen and they certainly aren't the only ones. Meghan's relatives may cause her some embarrassment but I don't think they'll create a major scandal. Over time they'll probably fade into the background and not be much of a factor in her life.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 13 Feb 2019, 00:11

It seemed to me that Meghan didn’t have much control over her family.  Save for her mom the rest of them either wanted to embarrass Meghan or ingratiate themselves into her new life after what I assume was a pretty contentious relationship in the past. Hard to imagine she would have been able to make things better after so many years.  

I agree.  The Royal family has had more than their share of embarrassing moments too.  I hope Meghan and Harry can withstand the tabloids and gossip.   If Meghan has had missteps along the way I would hope people would see them as a learning curve.  She’s trying to navigate her way through this very new and different lifestyle she has married into.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 00:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correct text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 13 Feb 2019, 15:44

We don't know the context in which George said that. I assume hatf he didn't switch the 'Match 22' press conference into a statement für Meghan. Does anybody know if there was a question like "Do you think Meghan's treated fair by the press?"

Anyway, I can't imagine to know that almost every person around the globe knows who you are - and many of them think they have the right to ask you questions or take pics secretly.
To be watched 24/7 whenever you appear in public. To know that you have to be polite and patient, no matter how tired and exhausted you are. To know that every gesture, head turn and countenance is photographed and analyzed by the whole world. You do need a lot of self-confidence to say: "F* you if you don't like my look, I don't care about your opinion, I didn't ask for it!"

Yes, Diana was much younger than Meghan when she was thrown in at the deep end - and the Royal Family didn't consider in helping and training her at first. They've learned their lesson, I guess. But when Diana died, the technical world was completely different. That's more than twenty years ago, and at that time people actually needed a real camera to take pics, and they asked celebrities for autographs! Shocking, isn't it? It wasn't that literally everybody on the street, in a restaurant or club had a camera ready to hand, a camera so small that you could store it in a clutch or your jeans.

A while ago I saw a video on youtube about George. He and Grant drove their motorbikes to a restaurant - probably to grab some lunch while working at Smokehouse. A paparazzo seemed to have waited for a well-known person to appear and yelled at George across the street but George seemed to ignore him. When he and Grant left the restaurant, there were dozens of paparazzi waiting for them, so they entered their motorbikes and drove away as quick as possible - and the whole crowd followed them in care and on motorbikes, ignoring the traffic, traffic lights and signs. Just watching it, I was really frightened. Now imagine this scenario at night, in the rain - and you can easily imagine how Diana's accident happened...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Feb 2019, 16:57

Well, here's Celebitchy's take on it - love that photo by the way

It all started as I understand it, Carol, with some one asking if he was likely to be asked to be a godfather to to the newborn(s?), and George saying - in a different way - that he'd got his own children to care of - which if you think about it isn't actually a yes or no. In fact the odds might have gone up now!

He then went on to say that he wanted to say something about the fact that the Mail had published her letter to her father and you know the rest after that.(Of course we don't know who supplied the letter - it might well be her father or a well-meaning friend).

It's always a test when you join such a huge and high profile organisation as the Royal Family (because that's what it is) and you will definitely get the world's press out in force - I have to say that both the European and American press have less restrictions on them than the British (I know a bit about it as I've worked in that area). There are rules here and a commission on bad behaviour and a formal complaint system - for everybody - but now we have a 24 hour news cycle.......it will be interesting to see if such a complaint is filed by the Royal Household and if not you could speculate who's feeding what to whom.

The comparisons to Diana are a bit dodgy - she was very young and had led a sheltered sensible life to a degree (altho both have had 'interesting' parental backgrounds - Diana's mother left the parental home for Scotland when she was quite young) and Meghan made a career from acting and moved across the country. Diana in comparison worked in a children's nursery. She was a lot younger for all the media attention too

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Feb 2019, 17:41

I think Amal Clooney and her husband Actor George Clooney will make excellent God-Parents.   Very Happy
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Feb 2019, 18:08

Her father did release the letter, but to me it should never have published it. But we all know anything to make money by the paper and old dad.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Feb 2019, 18:14

They already are godparents

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 Feb 2019, 18:23

PAN - After the wisecrack about having his hands full with the twins he did say that, "No", he won't be a godparent to Meghan and Harry's child. Who knows? By the time the baby is born everyone could change their minds a dozen times.

Two points: I don't think he's saying Meghan is like Diana - only that the press is giving her much the same treatment. Also, wouldn't the Royal Family filing a complaint just make the situation more difficult for Meghan and Harry?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Feb 2019, 18:37

Yep, Lizzy that's what I think he was comparing the  treatment of Diana to what Meghan is going through with the press.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Feb 2019, 19:13

Yes, I'm sure that it's being talked about and discussed fully Lizzy!

I think it's all really unfortunate - but once it started (namely her family and their apparent access to the world's media) it wasn't likely to stop - and I see that the Duchess of York has now chimed in with all her contacts in the States.

I'm just going to post a Youtube video of another Duchess who is married to the Queen's youngest son. The Duchess of Wessex.

She's pretty amazing, does endless forms of charity work, is a fashion plate, has two children - and yet I know nothing about her family, who's divorced who, where they live etc etc. Her previous career? PR!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Feb 2019, 19:45

I  remember that Sophie got into trouble for talking about the royals to a fake sheik of course the sheik was a reporter. That is when she and Edward were made to give up their jobs and become full time working royals.

I think honestly that they all work hard, some of what they do we don't see because it takes place in private.
I think that giving their time and energy to charities is commendable at least they try to help and bring awareness
to people and their issues.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Feb 2019, 19:49

party animal - not! wrote:They already are godparents
Very Happy
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 Feb 2019, 20:35

PAN - I remember when Edward and Sophie got married. They seemed like a well suited, modern working couple. Is Annemarie right in thinking they were made to give up their jobs and join the family firm because Sophie was tricked into an interview? That seems a bit harsh.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Feb 2019, 21:44

Here's an article telling us all about it, Lizzy.....clearly whatever was decided was done in the nicest possible way - and all forgotten now. To be perfectly honest the Royal Family as an institution is so busy and so popular and has so many successful charities there wouldn't be a problem giving anybody a job (and celebrities as we know are more than happy to help in any way!) and given the age of the people at the top there are jobs for all!

And I'm pretty sure that the powers that be would not have been harsh in the way they talked about it. It's all done with huge subtlety and part of the learning curb.And now look at her!

Here's Kate on her second official engagement today. Lots of little girls will be loving this outfit!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 14 Feb 2019, 00:42

I wonder how Sophie felt about giving up her own business. It seems like that one mistake made them think she might screw up again so better get her where they could keep an eye on her. If she didn't mind I guess it's ok, but it does seem a little unfair.

I also wonder if Kate appreciates Meghan taking some of the attention away from her or if she resents it. It might take some of the pressure off. IMO she's a very pretty girl and always seems elegant and regal - even in jeans! By the way, do you know who the blonde woman is in the photos with her?

Not sure why, but Meghan reminds me of AOC. Not just in looks, but something about her demeanor, too. Is it just me?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 14 Feb 2019, 01:31

Sophie found out hard and quick that the new “job” came with no frills or benefits.... 

Royal family is a one off, unique.... you marry a man and a job.... and you can’t have one without the other.....

New comers are not in a position to change the nature of the job... or Heavens above the parameters of the job.... it really doesn’t matter if Meghan wants to be a voice for women or whatever.... if she wants to change the world she is in the wrong job/marriage.....

The whole point of The Royal Family is stability and tradition.... hanging on to it and preserving the status quo is full time hard work in this day and age....

Being Royal comes with many privileges...All you have to give in return is an unflinching sense of duty and service....

The Royal Family has seen more in a month than we would see in a lifetime.... and the Queen will do everything to help Meghan as she did Sophie.....It’s well reported that over recent years Sophie and the Queen have become the very best of friends, Sophie joining Her Majesty on the Sofa several evening a week to watch shared favourite TV programs and soaps.... the perfect friend, daughter in law, and the perfect Royal....

In this instance George PR people should have stepped in.... with George on the spot he simply said what he thought... he was in the spotlight and gave his opinion, as I have here with you.... if I was talking on Good Morning America I would hope someone would tell me to shut up... and not preach Royal duty to the Americans.....who possibly couldn’t care less....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Feb 2019, 02:19

Lizzy, if you go back to the link do you mean the girl in the background as she walks in (who is probably a lady-in-waiting or someone similar from the Royal Household) or the shorter lady greeting her? According to the caption she is an army colonel who is now the Queen's Lieutenant for London (a ceremonial position I imagine that probably goes back centuries). The man greeting her is Dr Tristram Hunt who used to be an MP but who is now in charge of the Victoria and Albert Museum

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 14 Feb 2019, 13:31

Thanks, PAN. I meant the shorter blonde wearing the gown with the black top and pink satin skirt. Probably a lady in waiting, as you said. Obviously, we don't have them over here. We have "personal assistants" and private secretaries instead.

Would Kate hire her own staff, or are they supplied and paid for by the family business? Will Meghan hire whomever she wants to replace the people who have left her service? Just curious.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 14 Feb 2019, 14:28

What Would He Say wrote:There simply is NO comparison between Diana and Meghan....

Diana was half Meghans age when she was trust into the spotlight....young Diana never looked for fame or sought it.... it was part of the job..... until the cracks started to appear some 12+ years later, at that stage she knew enough about PR to use it to her advantage against the men in grey.....

Meghan was a working actress “famous” already... she was where she wanted and planned to be she sought and found fame all by herself.... 

I think what upset me most were the weeks running up to the wedding.....I could not for the life of me understand why she did not draw a halt to the wedding.... it would have been an easy sell to the public to say “We have decided to postpone the wedding until all issues are kindly and sensitivity resolved” .....At that stage she should have put DUTY before love and backed away gracefully..... THAT would have been behaving like a Royal.... What on Gods green earth was she doing forging ahead everyday bring more and more embarrassment to herself and the Queen .....

Incase you haven’t guessed... I don’t dislike her.... but I am terribly scared she will eventually upset the Queen and ultimately Harry...

Are you suggesting that Markle should have postponed her wedding to the man she loves and who loves her, and he happens to be 'a Royal,' because of actions by her estranged family that she had no control over, so as not to embarrass the family whose married future king expressed his desire to be his married girlfriend's tampon so he could be in her vajayjay? That Royal Family should have been spared the embarrassment and drama?

Like it or not, the culture of 'The Royals' is changing. The princes and princesses marry for love, not obligation or the sake of the institution. Harry chose a wife who had a full life and fully formed interests and opinions before she met him. She did not come steeped in British traditions or protocol. Get the f*ck over it. She fell in love with a man, not a royal heritage. I just hope she knows that this is only child's play compared to what she will get once the traditionalists have to deal with genuine Black blood in the royal bloodline.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 15 Feb 2019, 00:50

As I said above...

... with George on the spot he simply said what he thought... he was in the spotlight and gave his opinion, as I have here with you.... if I was talking on Good Morning America I would hope someone would tell me to shut up... and not preach Royal duty to the Americans.....who possibly couldn’t care less....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 15 Feb 2019, 00:57

Exactly as I stated above....

You see way2 .... I get it, I get that black, white, brown yellow, purple pink or WHITE MIDDLE CLASS ENGLISH, don’t get DUTY unless it’s in their DNA .... I get it...

Way2old
“Get the f*ck over it. She fell in love with a man, not a royal heritage. I just hope she knows that this is only child's play compared to what she will get once the traditionalists have to deal with genuine Black blood in the royal bloodline.”

Bringing “race” into it underestimated me, underestimated duty and service.... if an Irish, Scottish or Leeds girls family had behaved in the same way I would have said exactly the same thing....

So drag me off “Good Morning America”.... I’m wise enough to know people would jump to this or similar conclusions.... Shame being underestimated can be so terribly unkind....and so appallingly misinterpreted....But I knew this....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 15 Feb 2019, 14:41

Please note that I did not reference race in regards to Meghan and Harry's wedding/marriage. As for my comment about their child, I was using the implied and collective - not personal - 'you.' Take offense where and if appropriate, but my opinion, which is all it is, stands.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 15 Feb 2019, 14:55

WWHS - The sense of duty you speak of exists here too, although perhaps not in quite the same way. Here it's expressed as duty to country through all the young people who join the military to protect what they believe this country stands for. It's expressed through civic involvement and charity work, which many are raised to see as their responsibility to pay back for the opportunities this country has given them.

I think the difference is that, because of our history, we don't have the same kind of respect for our "leaders" that you do for the Royal Family. Our leaders come from "us" and they only lead for a limited time. They don't have centuries of personal position and power behind them.

I know race would never be an issue for you, but I wonder if it might be for some of the people who are unhappy with Meghan as Harry's wife.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 15 Feb 2019, 16:08

It's something about Prince Harry and Princess Meghan that I just adore.  As someone who absolutely loves a good fairytale, something about this couple seems to transcend race.  When they are together, I always see two people in love;  I never think biracial couple.

Other that Meghan's father and sister I haven't seen, read, or heard anything negative about the couple.  To my surprise not even the press, seem to be able to find a negative twist about the couple.

I can't understand what Meghan's father and sister want from her.  And, the time and attention placed on George Clooney's statement is truly amazing.  As celebrity goes, I only follow George Clooney news on a regular basis.  Is it normal, when  an A-list celebrity make "a" statement for it to carry, every news junket across the globe?  

George Clooney is in a bi-racial relationship and nobody seems to care.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down