George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian

5 posters

Go down

Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian Empty Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian

Post by party animal - not! Mon 21 Jan 2019, 10:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pretty sure Nisreen will be getting an open response letter to this!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian Empty Re: Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian

Post by it's me Mon 21 Jan 2019, 12:44

I have no time to read the article

But I guess
If ppl is talking about it
It's also
Also
Bec of George and all others

Or am I wrong?

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian Empty Re: Where are George Clooney and Co when Sudan needs them? The Guardian

Post by party animal - not! Mon 21 Jan 2019, 13:52

I think I would rather wait for George's response, I M, because I think this freelance journalist,who's from Sudan rather than South Sudan, seems to me to have not caught up with some of the latest developments and may not have done enough research....

The Guardian is a paper George admires and it helped March for Our Lives and their movement by handing over the paper to the students to edit...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 21 Jan 2019, 15:47

eekout

Searching for the truth...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Jan 2019, 00:41

When I read this two things came to mind: 1.Coming from Sudan, how impartial is this reporter? and 2. We have no idea what, if anything, is being done behind the scenes by the humanitarian organizations. Maybe, at the moment, there's little or nothing they can do.

To be honest I haven't been paying attention to what's happening in South Sudan. The situation here takes most of my attention where geo-politics is concerned and I think I'm burning out on all of it. I need to take a break.

I wonder if that's how George and John feel when they see what's happening in S. Sudan after all the hard work they've put into it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 22 Jan 2019, 02:22

Quite, Lizzy.

George, John, Kofi Annan, Jimmy Carter and many other luminaries from the world of philanthropy were all there when the South Sudan independence elections took place.

This journalist seems to be referring to Sudan i e al Bashir's domain in the North where rioting is going on at the moment, and which fought not to allow South Sudan's independence because of oil deposits. A big mess, because the Chinese paid Sudan (north) for the oil and helped with the building of the pipeline.My understanding is that the Chinese paid N Sudan for the oil in exchange for tanks and military hardware - which probably helped Bashir in Darfur and other areas like the Nuba Mountains.

The UN are currently in South Sudan in numbers. There's no way al Bashir would allow them into Sudan - he's wanted by the ICC for crimes against humanity!

She probably needs to look at The Sentry website......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 23 Jan 2019, 01:30

Africa.... what can you say.... a place of unfathomable JOY.... A place of lightening despair.... and that’s the problem.... you just never see it coming... it jumps at you from no where .... Africa the only bipolar continent on earth....

I’ve been all over it... never laughed so so so hard... never cried so hard either ....

Africa my beautiful beautiful beautiful little sister...

When she was good she was very good indeed ... but when she was bad she was horrid....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down