George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry.

+6
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
it's me
Doug Ross
party animal - not!
annemarie
10 posters

Go down

.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. Empty .dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry.

Post by annemarie Sat 10 Nov 2018, 22:36

[size=34]The dinner conversation you'd really like to earwig! How Meghan will FINALLY be able to thank Michelle Obama for helping to introduce her to Harry when they all go to the Clooneys’ home (... after Barack and his wife were not invited to royal wedding for 'political reasons')[/size]

• Michelle Obama join Duke and Duchess of Sussex at Clooneys' Berkshire home

• Royal couple will attend dinner hosted by George and Amal Clooney on Thames

• Understood Meghan has been keen to meet with Mrs Obama since her wedding

By ZOE GRIFFIN and KATIE HIND FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
PUBLISHED: 17:01 EST, 10 November 2018 | UPDATED: 17:07 EST, 10 November 2018

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+3

When the Duke and Duchess of Sussex visit the Clooneys' riverside mansion in Berkshire next month, Michelle Obama will join them
It is set to be one of the most star-studded dinners ever. 
When the Duke and Duchess of Sussexhead to the Clooneys' riverside mansion in Berkshire for one of their regular get-togethers next month, another VIP will be joining them – Michelle Obama.
It is Meghan's first chance since the Royal Wedding in May to thank the former American First Lady for playing a key role in introducing her to Prince Harry.

Harry and Meghan will attend a dinner hosted by George and Amal Clooney at their £10 million home on an island in the Thames after Mrs Obama, 54, gives a talk in London to fans about her new memoir, Becoming.
The dinner party conversation will certainly be interesting. Actor and liberal activist George, 57, is an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, and his wife Amal, 40, is a noted human rights lawyer.
It is understood that Meghan, 37, has been keen to meet up with Mrs Obama after she and Harry were steered away from inviting her and husband Barack, the former US President, to their wedding for 'political reasons'.

+3

It will be Meghan's first chance since the Royal Wedding in May to thank the former American First Lady for playing a key role in introducing her to Prince Harry
A source told The Mail on Sunday: 'Michelle is keen to see the Clooneys when she is in the UK, as she and Barack are very close to George. 
'She also wants to see Harry and Meghan as she was very disappointed not to have been able to attend the wedding and wants to check in on them. 
'She was instrumental in introducing Harry and Meghan and feels a responsibility to see how they are getting on, as well as celebrate the news they are about to become parents.'

+3

Actor and liberal activist George, 57, is an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, and his wife Amal, 40, is a noted human rights lawyer
The dinner, scheduled for December 4, is the day after Mrs Obama's appearance at London's Southbank Centre. 
She will then fly back to America to continue her book tour there.
The dinner is just one of the engagements being packed into her three-day trip to Britain. Negotiations are under way for her to be interviewed on Sky and the BBC.
She is also believed to be meeting a group of schoolchildren, although this has yet to be confirmed.
Last week Mrs Obama revealed she felt 'lost and alone' after suffering a miscarriage, and later underwent IVF to conceive daughters Malia, now 20, and Sasha, 17.
She said: 'I felt like I failed because I didn't know how common miscarriages were because we don't talk about them.'
Mrs Obama also confessed she and Barack, 57, have couples counselling when they 'need it'.
Kensington Palace declined to comment last night.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. Empty Re: .dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry.

Post by party animal - not! Sat 10 Nov 2018, 23:33

Thanks Annemarie. Just saw this. The ultimate power dinner - George loves doing this sort of thing - much like the Algonquin Table.....

Michelle Obama is in London to talk about her new book in the first week in December. I tried to get tickets for the one date - but nearly 60,000 people were ahead of me!

Lizzy, you were right!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

.dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry. Empty Re: .dailymail.co.uk/How-Meghan-FINALLY-able-thank-Michelle-Obama-helping-introduce-Harry.

Post by Doug Ross Sat 10 Nov 2018, 23:37

I think it's all a big lie, especially the part about M. Obama being disappointed for not having been invited to the wedding.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 11 Nov 2018, 00:01

I think it's pretty likely, Doug. Don't forget that when Barack Obama came to the UK on a trip to Europe last summer, he went to see Prince Harry and then went to the Clooneys just before the twins were born.

No politicians were invited to the wedding because Harry is not going to be King - timely becos Trump didn't have to be invited!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 11 Nov 2018, 00:06

So

December 4
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 11 Nov 2018, 00:36

Who knows? (They won't be announcing it as an event!)

Before they married there was some talk that Harry and Meghan had met through Michelle Obama! Only they know.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 11 Nov 2018, 01:18

I definitely think it's possible , but it won't be announced this is a private dinner party.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 11 Nov 2018, 11:31

Confirmed by Vogue

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 11 Nov 2018, 13:19

I don't think this is a confirmation the article says according to the Daily Mail.

They are repeating what the Mail wrote.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 11 Nov 2018, 13:31

I'm sure if it happens we will know about it. Now that the possibility is out there all the paps will be camping out near George's house around the date - unless Harry's security team can keep them away.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 11 Nov 2018, 13:41

.......not to mention Michelle Obama's! And their own.

Surprised the Mail let this out to be honest, but really don't think Vogue would even have mentioned it if there wasn't some element of truth - and of course they've covered themselves.

If you think about it we have no idea who was at the dinner for H and M when they stayed in Como. But George knows so many influential people who have visited he would have a lot of choice and he has done this so many times it's one of his favourite things to do.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 11 Nov 2018, 16:43

If it's true, I'd love to be a fly on the wall...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 11 Nov 2018, 21:50

Very Happy Screw the fly on the wall. I'd like to be a guest!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 12 Nov 2018, 04:33

I’m curious as to how Michelle Obama was instrumental in introducing Harry and Meghan.  Hadn’t heard that story before.  Anyone here know???

This story may be true but as we all know the DM isn’t exactly dependable on getting the facts straight.  Any chance the dinner guests get through the evening without one mention of Trump?   Security will be crazy.
affraid
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 12 Nov 2018, 21:59

This makes absolutely no sense. If Michelle Obama had a hand in introducing Harry and Meghan, and Barack Obama is fairly close friends with Harry, why would a dinner with the Clooneys be Meghan's first chance to thank Michelle?

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 12 Nov 2018, 22:05

And why was there no invite to the wedding?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 12 Nov 2018, 22:34

Apparently, they didn't invite politicians to the wedding, also if they invited the Obama's it would have upset the infant in the White House since no other politician's were invited.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 12 Nov 2018, 22:47

If the First Lady was that instrumental in getting them together, the Obama invite could have been as a good friend to the family, and not in the capacity or with the title of former Head of State.  I love Prince Harry and Princess Meghan so much, I don't care who they invited their wedding or who they break bread with.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 12 Nov 2018, 23:00

Ladybug - It's my understanding that they didn't invite political leaders because they wanted the focus to be on their wedding and not on politics. Can you imagine the reaction if they had invited the Obamas - even as friends - but didn't invite Trump? We'd probably be at war with England.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 12 Nov 2018, 23:11

Lizzy, do you really think President Trump was interested in attending Prince Harry and Princess Maghan's wedding.  If no other head of state was invited and the distinction was made they are good friends of the family, I don't any head of state, including President Trump would have been offended.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 12 Nov 2018, 23:28

The infant doesn't make distinctions everything is about him. Yes he would have had a fit and seen it as a slight to
him as head of the U.S.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 12 Nov 2018, 23:29

I don't think Michelle had anything to do with their meeting. The mail is just reaching trying to make a story out
of the fact that Harry and the Obama's are friends.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 12 Nov 2018, 23:43

Please see my answer about the protocol involved - Harry is not heir to the throne. In fact he's gone down the list in the last few years. So Charles, then William, George and now Louis

So he does not have any politicians from anywhere at his wedding...with one exception. William and Harry's Counsel who was appointed after Diane died is Sir John Major, who before that had been Prime Minister some years previously

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 12 Nov 2018, 23:57

PAN -  I can see why they're not expected to invite heads of state. The likelihood of Harry becoming one himself is slight. But all else aside, would protocol prohibit them from inviting a head of state who was a personal friend?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 Nov 2018, 00:40

...........in the current climate, I would say yes - especially if they knew they could see them relatively soon anyway. Pretty sure all those involved would have had a chat about it anyway.

I suppose that the 'duty' element may have influenced all previous weddings....lots of them would have had an element of the 'diplomatic' about them amongst the crowd. Still, Harry and Meghan had 600 people and none of them presumably 'hangers on'.

But I think the Royal Family is definitely evolving with the times and the Queen is overseeing all of it - from the amazing Green Canopy of Trees around the world to entertaining George Clooney!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 13 Nov 2018, 02:21

I guess the closer you are to the throne, the more you have to adhere to the rules. Seems like being a royal is a heck of a lot of work.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 Nov 2018, 02:49

Yep.

The Queen at 90-something still has a vast 'Red Box' of work to get through every morning before she even starts official appointments - and she goes riding first thing every single day before that....!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 18 Nov 2018, 19:37

party animal - not! wrote:Yep.

The Queen at 90-something still has a vast 'Red Box' of work to get through every morning before she even starts official appointments - and she goes riding first thing every single day before that....!

Our Queen is 92 I believe and is woken
each morning by a Piper playing Bagpipes 
below her bedroom window !

The Neighbours.......Sleep      Lightsabre fight.     Loud hailer.     Zzzzz
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 03 Dec 2018, 19:11

So I'm guessing the odds of this have lengthened as, apart all the other stuff we already are aware of, it now looks as if Mrs Obama is cutting her European book tour after tonight so that she can get back across the pond for George Bush's funeral.

It looks as if Meghan Markle is in a spot of bother too - her PA has resigned after only six months

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 03 Dec 2018, 20:18

[size=34]'It's important to me to join the Bush family': Michelle Obama cancels her book tours in Paris and Berlin to attend the 41st president's funeral and celebrate his 'exemplary life'[/size]

• Michelle Obama announced cancellation of book tours in Paris & Berlin Sunday 

• Obama said she will be attending former president George H.W. Bush's funeral

• Her decision was widely received on Twitter with several calling her 'amazing'

• After learning of Bush's death, Obama shared snap of Bush kissing her cheek 

• Obama said on Twitter that Bush 'will be missed by many, including our family'  

By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER and AFP
PUBLISHED: 14:04 EST, 2 December 2018 | UPDATED: 17:44 EST, 2 December 2018

Former US first lady Michelle Obama said Sunday she was canceling book tour visits to Paris and Berlin to attend the funeral of former president George H.W. Bush, who died Friday aged 94.
'It's important to me to join the Bush family in celebrating President George H.W. Bush's exemplary life,' she tweeted.
'This will unfortunately preclude my visits to Paris and Berlin. I've been deeply touched by the enthusiasm for my memoir, and I'm working to reschedule my trip for next year.'

+8

Former US first lady Michelle Obama (pictured on Saturday) said Sunday she was canceling book tour visits to Paris and Berlin to attend the funeral of former president George H.W. Bush, who died Friday aged 94 

+8

A day after learning of the former president's death, Obama shared a sweet snap of him planting a kiss on her cheek while they were in the Oval Office (pictured)

+8

'It's important to me to join the Bush family in celebrating President George H.W. Bush's exemplary life,' she tweeted
In a second message, she said she hoped readers and ticket holders would understand the decision 'and join me in paying tribute' to Bush and 'his tremendous contributions to our world'.

Obama's decision was widely received on social media with several Twitter users praising the former first lady for being 'amazing'.
'We love your heart,' one user wrote, while another said: 'Of course we understand even if we are deeply disappointed. Hope to see you in Paris in 2019.'

Bush, a Second World War hero, passed away at 10.10pm CT on Friday at his home in Houston, Texas. He was surrounded by his family.
A statement from his office did not specify the cause of death, but Bush had a form of Parkinson's disease and had been hospitalized several times for pneumonia and other infections in recent years. 
Days before his death, Bush was reportedly being treated for low blood pressure.

+8

Bush, a WWII hero, passed away at 10.10pm CT on Friday at his home in Houston, Texas. He was surrounded by his family. Bush died less than eight months after his beloved wife of 70 years, Barbara (both pictured in February 2017), passed away

[size=18]Obama sends prayers to George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush

Lo
[/size]
Bush, who presided over the final days of the Cold War and the breakup of the Soviet Union, died less than eight months after his beloved wife of 70 years, Barbara, passed away.
A day after learning of the former president's death, Obama shared a sweet snap of him planting a kiss on her cheek while they were in the Oval Office. 
'As a public servant, father, and grandfather, President George H.W. Bush was an extraordinary example for us all,' she wrote.
'His spirit of service and decency will be missed by many, including our family. I hope his memory will be a guiding light for our country and those around the world,' Obama added. 
The former first lady has spoken warmly about the Bush family in the past. 
In November, she opened up about her bond with former president George W. Bush  on Today with his daughter Jenna Bush Hager.

+8

Obama has spoken warmly about the Bush family in the past and even opened up about her bond with former president George W. Bush. She described Bush Jr as her 'partner in crime' after he was spotted handing her a piece of candy during John McCain's funeral (pictured)

+8

Released on November 13, Obama's memoir, Becoming, sold more than two million copies in North America in its first 15 days

+8

Obama's decision was widely received on social media with several Twitter users praising the former first lady for being 'amazing'

'We love your heart,' one user wrote, while another said: 'Of course we understand even if we are deeply disappointed. Hope to see you in Paris in 2019'
Obama shared that although she doesn't 'agree with him on everything,' they're still friends.
'It's just a disagreement and that's how I feel about your father. You know? He's a beautiful, funny, kind, sweet man,' she told Jenna. 
She also described Bush Jr as her 'partner in crime' after he was spotted handing her a piece of candy during the funeral of John McCain in August. 
Released on November 13, Obama's memoir, Becoming, sold more than two million copies in North America in its first 15 days.
The 54-year-old mother-of-two is wildly popular at home and abroad, loved for her warm personality, intelligence and women's activism.
In the book she writes that she can 'never forgive' Donald Trump for questioning her husband's US citizenship, accusing him and other 'birthers' of putting her family at risk.
She also digs into personal issues, detailing a miscarriage, how she conceived daughters Malia, 20, and Sasha, 17, by in-vitro fertilization, and marriage counseling.
Being published in 31 languages, the memoir is also a bestseller in Australia, Britain, France, Germany, Israel, Korea, Finland, South Africa and Taiwan, among other countries.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 03 Dec 2018, 22:21

PAN - Rob Shuter (sp.?), on Wendy this morning, said his sources told him Harry's top aide of several years has also quit and that the staff is not too happy with Meghan either. Seems she's too aggressive for them - getting up at 5 AM and "making demands".

It's bad enough having to get used to your partner's habits when you first get married. Having to adapt yourself to the protocols of a system that's been in place forever must be daunting, and dealing with set-in-their-ways staff could be a nightmare. Didn't Diana go through something similar?

Annemarie - Michelle Obama is just showing the grace and class that set her and her husband so far apart from the present occupant of the White House. I wish there was such a thing as a time machine!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 03 Dec 2018, 23:25

No, not like this at all for Diana - she was the daughter of a Lord and was used to the same sort of civility between her and staff.

What makes this unusual is that the Royal Family keep staff for years and when they leave the job do not say a word publicly. Discretion is the key. But this has happened six months into the job. That's what makes people think there's something to it. It's a very quick departure from the Royal Household, very public and with a lot of leaks and rumours of weeping and upset staff........

Oh and the PA who left used to work for Robbie Williams and his wife - for some time and very happily apparently

But it seems that Meghan won't know anything about this - she chooses not to look at any negative comment

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 04 Dec 2018, 00:57

I think she was probably told not to read the press about herself. 

The palace did say that there was no truth to the rumor that Meghan and Kate had a falling out over Meghans treatment of one of the staff.  I wonder if the one who left was the one who left the tag on Meghan's dress during the tour.

Working for Robbie Williams is totally different than working with the royal family a lot less stress I would think.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 04 Dec 2018, 13:24

Do you think all the public "adoration" has gone to Meghan's head? That kind of attention is often the reason someone goes into acting. They crave the attention and applause. Maybe Meghan is beginning to realize being a royal kind of puts a damper on that kind of attention.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 04 Dec 2018, 14:58

I actually wonder if there is some jealousy going on. Kate was the star not saying her but different branches not happy with Meghan getting attention. Also could just be those who don't like Meghan for what ever reason telling tales. 

Interestingly, Kate's mom just did two interviews and a photo shoot.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 04 Dec 2018, 18:04

But why, Annemarie?

Kate knows the ropes so well, has been there a while, has the children - and will be Queen.

Megan is on a very steep learning curve - and possibly seeks advice from Kate. She may be an independent woman who wants to change things and do her own thing, but she possibly needs to listen to some of the advice, take her time and not try to change everything overnight.

Which is exactly what Michelle Obama's advice to her was. After all this is an age-old British Institution of worldwide diplomacy and discretion which she has married into......

Yep, you're right. Carol Middleton has just done her first ever interview - after sixteen years.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 04 Dec 2018, 19:48

PAN - Do you think Kate's image suffers from comparison to Meghan? Personally, although Meghan is cute and interesting, I'm more of a Kate fan. She seems poised and gracious - exactly the right person for the job she'll have to fill. And she's pretty, too! I may be wrong, since she doesn't get much coverage here.

Any thoughts?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 04 Dec 2018, 21:20

No I don't actually. Kate has been around since being at university with William and is totally secure. So to hear that she was 'in tears' over her daughter's bridesmaid dress fitting with Meghan is a shock. I've always thought she never seems to put a foot wrong and is fun at the same time. She certainly seems to have relaxed William.

Here's what their official duties were today (there may have been others) and it looks like fun

And unfortunately here's what someone who used to know Meghan said on national breakfast tv today

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 04 Dec 2018, 22:11

I think it may be more staff not liking Meghan. 
She is not British is half African American and lord help her she was an actress not exactly what
some would want as a royal. 

It's funny how now she is married everyone wants to come out and attack her . Why not say all this before she was married.

i think she will be fine they all seem to ignore the nonsense for the most part and get on with their jobs. So this too shall pass.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 05 Dec 2018, 02:58

I guess there will be a period of adjustment for everyone involved. There usually is at the beginning of any relationship. At least she seems to get along fairly well with the queen.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down