George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight

+7
ladybugcngc
annemarie
LizzyNY
Adriane
What Would He Say
party animal - not!
it's me
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight

Post by LizzyNY Wed 01 Aug 2018, 14:16

Just saw a USA Today post that says Amal added the scarf to the outfit. So... if it didn't come with the scarf and it's a warm summer night... why? Hiding something, maybe?  Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal and lots of friends at Villa d'Este tonight

Post by annemarie Wed 01 Aug 2018, 15:16

Amal's top is a part of the out fit it is not a scarf. There is a picture of the outfit on the Amal style site.

USA didn't check their facts.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 01 Aug 2018, 15:42

Shocked
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 01 Aug 2018, 16:02

Well then it's uglier than I thought!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 01 Aug 2018, 16:59

LizzyNY wrote:Well then it's uglier than I thought!
Razz
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Wed 01 Aug 2018, 18:22

Well Ladybug. That was a tad snarky. And regrettably not funny enough to avoid snark. :-)

I do understand that you don't like it.

I will briefly repeat myself. So as to be clear. I like the outfit. I love that she is fearless in most things including fashion.

I am totally fine with other people not liking this. 

Dead horse now thoroughly beaten. :-)

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 01 Aug 2018, 18:39

I never said I liked or disliked the outfit.

Fearless... that definitely explains the look.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 02 Aug 2018, 00:16

Here’s the thing, as himself would say....we have talents, we have opportunity, we have money, we have circumstances, and we have our people family/friends....

Taste by its nature is a “sense”, and thus is heightened or diminished by all of the above and trick of birth.....

I went to school with a girl with partial sight, her besties rallied round took turn to be her eyes to watch over guide, protect. She is now a lawyer...my go to for advice...what she lacked in vision she has made up for in wisdom....

Taste is no different... if it fails you, you should have someone who will guide protect.... and this confounds me here in Amal’s case... what is going TF on with her besties/family.... if she were my sis and I saw the baggy backside of those shorts going for the front door.... I would have done anything to talk her down, out of them...we all well know this is a traditional annual pap walk, every year, every summer march of the penguins to that particular hotel at twilight... So this was not a private stroll or an intimate gathering.... She knew she was going to be papped and commented on.... So taste and lack of it takes on a more intriguing stance....

It makes us ask WHY?????????
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 02 Aug 2018, 00:19

And HOW!!!????
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 02 Aug 2018, 00:30

LizzyNY wrote:lol!  WWHS - You're a braver woman than I am, Charlie Brown! Thanks for once again, in your own special way, giving voice to thoughts I didn't even know were in my head but totally agree with - although I do think the hair colour may just be your phone. Give Flowers

Thank you Lizzy ... foolish more than brave...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Adriane Thu 02 Aug 2018, 14:00

You are right, Ladybug, WWHN has hit the nail squarely on the head. I could not have done it better.
Well, I would like to complete and give MY answer to the above mentioned rhetorical questions of ‚why‘ and ‚how‘.
WHY does she feel like constantly displaying her legs in public knowing she is under watch as on Saturday and other occasions? Somebody must have put it into her head that she is having flawless legs although when imagining beautiful, flawless legs worthy to be seen, A‘s are not what I have in mind ( MY mind- tastes are different). They are long, no doubt, but also too thin, showing less curves, more bones and tendons.
Do her family and friends really advise her as to her lack of taste in fashion? Is their fashion taste as bad as hers or is she so stubborn giving an ear only to her designers, who take advantage of her fashion naivity to advert their designs making a fashion victim out of her?
Is she unable to choose on her own the right appropriate clothing for the event out of the host that is being offered to her? Or is she so vain that she cannot but preen for the paps’ attention strutting in front of them like a faun displaying its feathers to attract attention.
Why does she need so much public attention? We do not know any facts about her in this respect, but I suppose there must be something of a sense of inferiority, unsureness and lack of self-confidence that makes her react as seen on different occasions: Venue Villa d‘Este, AFIAwards, G‘s birthday out in NY, A and G out in NY in April, May, A Wintour‘s party in NY, etc., only to mention
some of the most recent occasions where her lack of taste comes out ostentatiously. I do not think it is fearless and brave. I think it is naive and vain and tasteless.
Having a look at the Saturday night pics one can see Harkov‘s teenage daughters and wife. None of them made a fuss about their female charms as they do not need to because they are self-confident and content with themselves.
A has become a public person due to her marriage to a famous Hollywood star. Moreover she is a lawyer often praised in the media as „the renowned international human rights lawyer“ , mother of two children in her forties. At work she HAS TO dress appropriately otherwise she would not be taken seriously at all. I wonder what her clients think about her when witnessing such vain and less flattering scenes as on Saturday. I really feel sorry for her clients. But in the meantime I think she no longer practices her profession being instead a short-time professor/ lecturer, a conferencier/speaker at/in different conferences and societies, maybe a writer of a book - all well-paid, time-sparing, less exhausting work that changes nothing for the better in the world.
I do not know if any cases of hers have been brought to a good end. At the beginning there was much stir about some cases but then gradually nobody ever heard anything about them any more.
One last thing: I wonder HOW George thinks about her fashion choices. I think he takes everything for granted. He is in love with her, she has given birth to their sweet twins and we know he admires her for her brains. I also think that his admiration is also rooted in his lack of university training, which in fact is important, but in G‘s case, who is so famous and well-to-do, it does not count so much. Hadn’t he been intelligent, clever, well-bred and decent, he would not have achieved such fame. Of course fortune and his good looks helped him a lot. In fact A is a profiteeer of his fame and wealth..
In the pics with A he looks like an accessoire of hers, taking care that she balances on her high heels, getting her safely on/off the boat ( here again offering the whole display of her legs and more), and him staying in the background especially through less striking, less flattering clothing in sober colours that let him look older than he really is. He is in his late fifties but that is no age nowadays!!

Adriane
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adriane Thu 02 Aug 2018, 14:23

Monse’s model has got pale rose coloured shorts on, while A’s are yellow. Perhaps they had no red shorts on store otherwise she would have chosen them to attract more attention.

Adriane
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Aug 2018, 14:58

Adriane - You raise some interesting points, some of which I agree with, but your assessment of Amal does seem a bit harsh. She's certainly a flawed human being (as are we all) who is living a very public, complicated life. If there are times when she screws it up - and she does - I guess it's only to be expected. No one's perfect.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Aug 2018, 15:28

Blimey. Hard to believe that one dress worn for a couple of hours one  summer's evening in Lake Como can cause this much debate and rant.

Be fun if Rihanna turned up!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Aug 2018, 15:35

lol!   She'd really give Amal a run for her money!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Thu 02 Aug 2018, 19:40

Not throwing a tantrum. But am going to stop reading for a while. Perhaps permanently and I wanted to express why I have made this decision. There are many wonderful people on this board who provide interesting, balanced and entertaining commentary. I always stop and read them and often learn something. There  are also delightful people who are critical,  sometimes even sharply critical, but also funny and kind in their comments. However. If I wanted to read nasty comments and sniping at Amal, her skills, her profession and her style there are lots of places to go for this. (For clarity, I am not speaking of straight up "I don't like this outfit or even I hate what she's wearing) But IMO there is way too much full on nasty commentary/attacks these days. I cannot obviously doing anything about this - except absent myself. I personally think she is amazing and I admire and respect her. I also see a very happy couple with two beautiful children. This makes me happy. I don't understand the compulsion to throw stones at complete strangers. I never will.

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Aug 2018, 19:53

Quite, Oldweston. Couldn't have put it better............

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 02 Aug 2018, 20:27

party animal - not! wrote:Blimey. Hard to believe that one dress worn for a couple of hours one  summer's evening in Lake Como can cause this much debate and rant.

Be fun if Rihanna turned up!

PAN, in comparison please give me an example of a respected attorney and not a World Renown A-List Mega Superstar.

And just to be clear if Rihanna was wearing this outfit my opinion (not that I've given an opinion on this outfit) would be the exact same.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 02 Aug 2018, 21:01

oldweston wrote:Not throwing a tantrum. But am going to stop reading for a while. Perhaps permanently and I wanted to express why I have made this decision. There are many wonderful people on this board who provide interesting, balanced and entertaining commentary. I always stop and read them and often learn something. There  are also delightful people who are critical,  sometimes even sharply critical, but also funny and kind in their comments. However. If I wanted to read nasty comments and sniping at Amal, her skills, her profession and her style there are lots of places to go for this. (For clarity, I am not speaking of straight up "I don't like this outfit or even I hate what she's wearing) But IMO there is way too much full on nasty commentary/attacks these days. I cannot obviously doing anything about this - except absent myself. I personally think she is amazing and I admire and respect her. I also see a very happy couple with two beautiful children. This makes me happy. I don't understand the compulsion to throw stones at complete strangers. I never will.
I have on many occasions given my no holds barred opinions on Amal; this thread is really about Amal's fashion choices.  If Amal is going to put herself out there with over-the-top fashion, I'm sure she's ready for the criticism that accompany those choices.

Maybe it's time for Amal to rethink her over the top, out of the box fashion choices.

On paper Amal was a great pick for George Clooney; their relationship as you so eloquently put reads like a Hollywood love story.  It's extremely difficult to translate that into real non-fiction life.  I look forward to official pictures of George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin-Clooney, and the beautiful children she gave birth to. 

Oldweston, I found your comments interesting.  I hope you don't stop posting.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 02 Aug 2018, 21:35

ladybugcngc wrote:I have on many occasions given my no holds barred opinions on Amal; this thread is really about Amal's fashion choices.  If Amal is going to put herself out there with over-the-top fashion, I'm sure she's ready for the criticism that accompany those choices.

Maybe it's time for Amal to rethink her over the top, out of the box fashion choices.
Ladybug,

thanks for pointing out that this thread is about Amal's fashion. I had thought it was about George and Amal going out with a group of friends and decided not to post because for me that's what it was, including the fact that George seems to be much better after his accident.

Why on earth should Amal rethink her fashion choices? She seems to wear clothes she likes, and she can also afford them, why should she rethink er fashion choices? I don't think she cares what we - or some of us - post here about the  dress she wore.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Aug 2018, 21:49

Carolhathaway - AMEN! Not only doesn't she care what any of us think, she doesn't know what we think - unless she's hiding in the shadows spying on us - because we're so important to her life - NOT!!!

I don't think she cares what we - or anyone else thinks - except maybe her friends from the fashion world and maybe George - but he's said a million times he doesn't care what she wears.

IMO these conversations are strictly for us on COH.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 02 Aug 2018, 21:51

oldweston wrote:Not throwing a tantrum. But am going to stop reading for a while. Perhaps permanently and I wanted to express why I have made this decision. There are many wonderful people on this board who provide interesting, balanced and entertaining commentary. I always stop and read them and often learn something. There  are also delightful people who are critical,  sometimes even sharply critical, but also funny and kind in their comments. However. If I wanted to read nasty comments and sniping at Amal, her skills, her profession and her style there are lots of places to go for this. (For clarity, I am not speaking of straight up "I don't like this outfit or even I hate what she's wearing) But IMO there is way too much full on nasty commentary/attacks these days. I cannot obviously doing anything about this - except absent myself. I personally think she is amazing and I admire and respect her. I also see a very happy couple with two beautiful children. This makes me happy. I don't understand the compulsion to throw stones at complete strangers. I never will.
Oldweston,

as I just stated, I didn't post because for me it was George and Amal going out with a group of friends and George obviously feeling better. Period.
I'm not a fashionista, but I liked her dress. Designer clothes often are quite over the top, if you see pics of fashion shows, most of it is nothing a 'normal' person could wear. But these outfits often set the trend and are models for clothes 'ordinary people' buy.

In other threads where Amal's fashion choice was critisized, I often joined the discussion and tried to defend her choice. For me it's important that people feel comfortable in their skin, and when she likes what she's wearing, who are we to critisize what she's wearing? When I realized into how the tone in this thread changed, I was like 'Not another endless discussion about her wardrobe, her appearance, her taste etc', so I just browsed through the replies and was sctually quite amused how much controversy a few simple pics cause. But I feel that I left you alone, oldweston, you might think that we all agree with what others wrote here. It's not, at least not in my case.

Sorry for that, and please don't stop reading and posting!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 02 Aug 2018, 22:00

carolhathaway wrote:Ladybug,

thanks for pointing out that this thread is about Amal's fashion. I had thought it was about George and Amal going out with a group of friends and decided not to post because for me that's what it was, including the fact that George seems to be much better after his accident.

Why on earth should Amal rethink her fashion choices? She seems to wear clothes she likes, and she can also afford them, why should she rethink er fashion choices? I don't think she cares what we - or some of us - post here about the  dress she wore.
Article Title:

Amal Clooney puts on a VERY leggy display in orange shorts as she joins husband George and Stella McCartney for dinner in Lake Como

Please understand, I don't care what Amal wears.  From the looks of it, I agree with you, I don't think Amal cares what anyone thinks.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2