George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today

2 posters

Go down

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today Empty Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 Feb 2018, 07:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...........following in George's footsteps obviously...........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today Empty Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 15 Feb 2018, 15:59

Can someone explain the significance of George making a visit to the Social Bite.  Why was his visit there news worthy?  Prince Harry and Meghan Markle also visited there.  It's my understanding the Social Bite is an eatery, why is a visit there news worthy?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today Empty Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Social Bite Edinburgh today

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 Feb 2018, 17:13

It's on a thread here but here's the simple explanation, DeCaprio and Clinton have also been. Charity and taking care of the homeless and poor. Don't you have places like this in the States?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 15 Feb 2018, 18:23

Short answer, yes and no.

If an announcement was made a Celebrity, Politician, or a Dignitary,  will visit a soup kitchen, the public would show up to see them and the news will cover it.  A soup kitchen is where the homeless can go and be provided a meal at no charge.  Many times, Celebrities will go there, to help cook and serve the homeless.  There is no announcement they will be there, however, the visit often times is covered by the news.

If I understand correctly, the Social Bite is open to the public and money collected go to helping charitable causes.  It's unique because when the public dines there the money given is for charity, not for profit.  I think that is a wonderful idea.  To my knowledge we don't have anything like the Social Bite in Los Angeles; I don't know about the rest of the States.

Many times when George is spotted out and about it hits the news.  I didn't know if the Social Bite was connected a specific controversial political or social movement.  

PAN, I do remember the previous thread.  I didn't really get it then, I just did not say anything.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 Feb 2018, 20:21

Worth noting that although Social Bite was instigated by a Scottish entrepreneur to raise money for the homeless and jobless and feed them, it is also staffed by them

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down