George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala

+10
Donnamarie
Doug Ross
ladybugcngc
LizzyNY
annemarie
fava
What Would He Say
Way2Old4Dis
melbert
PigPen
14 posters

Go down

Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala Empty Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala

Post by PigPen Wed 08 Nov 2017, 13:44

Love the show title-- heavenly bodies and the Catholic imagination.   LOLOLOLOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With the Met Gala just six months away, Vogue revealed Amal ClooneyRihannaand Donatella Versace are set to host this year's soiree. 
The fashion magazine also announced the 2018 show title: "Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination."
Considered one of the biggest nights in fashion, the New York-based event will be held on May 7, 2018—so mark your calendars.
Clooney, Rihanna and Versace are taking over the hosting duties from Katy PerryPharrell WilliamsGisele Bundchen and Tom Brady.

just my 2 cents worth... if her last name was still Alamuddin, would she even be on the Met Gala's radar?????

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala Empty Re: Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala

Post by LizzyNY Wed 08 Nov 2017, 14:46

I thought she was going back to work. What with this and the twins, how will she find the time?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala Empty Re: Amal Clooney, Rihanna and Donatella Versace to Host the 2018 Met Gala

Post by party animal - not! Wed 08 Nov 2017, 15:00

George will be there, and Anna Wintour has staff.

Not sure how much the 'hosts' have to do. Who was it last year? Katy Perry? Maybe I should offer to help........... a lot of fun I imagine

Of course this is great publicity for Oceans 8 as well................

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 08 Nov 2017, 19:26

I can’t imagine co-hosting the Met Gala is all that demanding. Would think Amal could multitask being a mom while doing her work and take on what probably amounts to a speaking engagement. Lots of working women do it all the time.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 09 Nov 2017, 17:26

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 09 Nov 2017, 19:46

We're going to sign in here one day to the news that Amal has signed on to do 'Real Housewives of Studio City.'

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 09 Nov 2017, 20:45

Ahem.... you mean  Real Housewives of  Sonning-on-Thames.....

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 09 Nov 2017, 23:58

Ahem Ahem...  you guys mean Real Housewives of The World...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 12 Nov 2017, 01:16

I must say I thought the gossip about GEorge wanting the White House, was just that, dumb gossip....fake news.....

This is the very first thing that has stopped me in my tracks....made me think.....

I see no rhyme or reason for this.... none.....

Other than name exposure.... what will it seriously achieve.....

It does not sit easy.... the commitment/time to this! ....and, say the schools in Lebanon or the fight with ISIS.....

It has to be only one thing.....
A big name check for the brain dead....

Really?

Last edited by What Would He Say on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 01:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ps. Don’t waste your time George....)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 12 Nov 2017, 01:31

What Would He Say wrote:I must say I thought the gossip about GEorge wanting the White House, was just that, dumb gossip....fake news.....

This is the very first thing that has stopped me in my tracks....made me think.....

I see no rhyme or reason for this.... none.....

Other than name exposure.... what will it seriously achieve.....

It does not sit easy.... the commitment/time to this! ....and, say the schools in Lebanon or the fight with ISIS.....

It has to be only one thing.....
A big name check for the brain dead....

Really?
Well it is a benefit for a charity.....so there is some purpose to it besides dressing up.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 13 Nov 2017, 01:02

I think that guests often get invited to host , I think all Amal has to do is show up and smile and greet people.
It is for charity so that is a good thing.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 14 Nov 2017, 11:14

Thank you Annemarie and Fava for your thoughts..... but I have failed to make myself clear.....Every year people “turn down” the opportunity to host, for all sorts of reasons.... it never Has been a given....People politely decline....

I very well know the charity aspect.... isn’t every dress up a fund raiser? .....

WHAT I am saying is IMO this is a game changer, knowing the above and how the Met is thought of.... There can be only ONE REASON that this is happening..... the Presidential race has started.....

Having Riri .... as co-host is clever.....but....

Seeing this unfold before my eyes... having read soooo many comments saying this is WHAT THE WHOLE MARRIAGE was leading up to (I thought those comments insane haha)..... it looks like the joke was on me.....

It’s a gut feeling ...... if my gut proves right, what does that say about the whole change of mind about marriage?....Did wiser people know better than us......Has the whole happy family malarkey been just a suitable backdrop to candidacy???

This is a gamble.... but an exceedingly well thought out, planned and actioned gamble....BUT a gamble non the less.....

I’ve drawn a line in the sand...I DO BELIEVE AT THIS POINT IT IS GAME ON GEORGE IS RUNNING......Mark my words!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 14 Nov 2017, 14:30

What Would He Say wrote:Thank you Annemarie and Fava for your thoughts..... but I have failed to make myself clear.....Every year people “turn down” the opportunity to host, for all sorts of reasons.... it never Has been a given....People politely decline....

I very well know the charity aspect.... isn’t every dress up a fund raiser? .....

WHAT I am saying is IMO this is a game changer, knowing the above and how the Met is thought of.... There can be only ONE REASON that this is happening..... the Presidential race has started.....

Having Riri .... as co-host is clever.....but....

Seeing this unfold before my eyes... having read soooo many comments saying this is WHAT THE WHOLE MARRIAGE was leading up to (I thought those comments insane haha)..... it looks like the joke was on me.....

It’s a gut feeling ...... if my gut proves right, what does that say about the whole change of mind about marriage?....Did wiser people know better than us......Has the whole happy family malarkey been just a suitable backdrop to candidacy???

This is a gamble.... but an exceedingly well thought out, planned and actioned gamble....BUT a gamble non the less.....

I’ve drawn a line in the sand...I DO BELIEVE AT THIS POINT IT IS GAME ON GEORGE IS RUNNING......Mark my words!
I fail to see how Amal hosting the Met Gala has anything to do with a political campaign. I can tell you that if you ask 1 million Americans what the Met Gala even is, 99% of them do not know and would not follow it.  So how is that well-planned?  Given the current political climate in the US, Amal in a very expensive designer dress is probably one of the worst ways to approach a political campaign.  If "they" are planning this (which assumes Amal has little autonomy to make her own decision she loves fashion and wants to support this cause and Wintour and this has little to do with George), they would be better served by publicizing their public service and how in touch they are with ordinary Americans.  

Obviously you have an opinion, but I find it hard to believe anyone would give up a pretty great life for the constrictions of a political life--which are probably even worse than a celebrity one.  I think that would be a very foolish choice and I also don't think he would be good at it.  Sorry George.  I am recalling how he has reacted to hecklers about Nespresso, etc.  Did not handle it very well.  I agree with many of his positions, but that does not make him a policy maker or a good public servant.  So though I am a fan, I would not vote for him in a primary.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 14 Nov 2017, 14:54

WWHS - I don't think George is going to run for President. There may be people who want him to run and are trying to talk him into it, but I don't think he's stupid enough to listen to them. If he does, he's too stupid to be President.

There are a lot of strikes against his candidacy:
     1. A lot of people hate him just because he's George Clooney and has the life they wish they had.
     2. A lot of people hate his political beliefs and the fact that he gives voice to them. After all, he's just an actor. He should keep his mouth shut about anything else.
     3. A lot of people feel that he is a member of the 1%, uber wealthy and often out of the country, and as such is out of touch with the problems of most Americans.
     4. Skeletons in his closet.
     5. His wife.

I could go on, but I'm depressing myself. I'd like to think that George would make a great President, but I think (if he did run and win) it would make him miserable. I think the life he's living now is just right - if only he could make a great movie!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 14 Nov 2017, 15:13

LizzyNY wrote:WWHS - I don't think George is going to run for President. There may be people who want him to run and are trying to talk him into it, but I don't think he's stupid enough to listen to them. If he does, he's too stupid to be President.

There are a lot of strikes against his candidacy:
     1. A lot of people hate him just because he's George Clooney and has the life they wish they had.
     2. A lot of people hate his political beliefs and the fact that he gives voice to them. After all, he's just an actor. He should keep his mouth shut about anything else.
     3. A lot of people feel that he is a member of the 1%, uber wealthy and often out of the country, and as such is out of touch with the problems of most Americans.
     4. Skeletons in his closet.
     5. His wife.

I could go on, but I'm depressing myself. I'd like to think that George would make a great President, but I think (if he did run and win) it would make him miserable. I think the life he's living now is just right - if only he could make a great movie!
Plus it is likely he and Amal would have to give up their humanitarian work and I think they both believe it is really important.  Could you have a president who is paying satellites to spy on other countries?  I wouldn't think so, but then a lot of things have become normalized in the last year.

I think the Clooneys can make a difference in the life of a lot of people who are suffering in the position they are in right now.  I suppose it is conceivable George could even give up making movies and concentrate entirely on his charity work--but I don't think so. I believe he craves that approval and will keep seeking the right project(s).

And yeah, buying a house in another country and then saying you might raise your kids there probably not a great way to appeal to US voters.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 15 Nov 2017, 15:36

Thanks Lizzy and Favs.... but mark my words he IS running....I imagine it’s a done deal, bought and paid for.... Lizzy your points are all true and well made....similar points could have been made about U KNOW WHO, The Don....look what happened there....

These days people are conditioned to buy a brand.... Fiddly dee with The policies....They want a name and pictures loads of them(wedding pictures too).....

Why? You ask does the Met rankle me to this conclusion...simply Amal should have better things to do, Alexa Chung, a fashionista since a teenager maybe, but Amal, who was never pictured in fashion mags for her quirky style in her teens 20’s or 30’s until meeting George....no way....

Favs, you are right 90% of most people don’t know and frankly don’t care...but that’s the whole point....brand awareness brick by brick.... didn’t I see today EVEN more homage(brand awareness).....

I wouldn’t worry about the humanitarian arm.... just another brick in the wall....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 15 Nov 2017, 15:56

WWHS - Maybe this has less to do with George's political aspirations and more to do with Amal deciding it's more fun to be a celebrity than a working lawyer. After all, she has the twins to care for and her teaching gig at Columbia Law - not to mention she and George have a deal not to be apart for more than a week. It must be hard to find time for an actual case load.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 15 Nov 2017, 16:53

I haven't seen any where it has been stated Amal has given up her job. She is on maternity leave.  When she is
working unless it is a high profile case we don't see her . She has said herself that most of her work takes place privately with no attention, so we have no idea how much she works. She can also work from any of their homes which is good for her
now that she has the kids.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 15 Nov 2017, 21:11

Yep annemarie. Can’t really see taking on this gig for the Met Gala is anything more than a fun aside from Amal’s career work. No reason to believe otherwise.

George isn’t running for office. He has stated it many times. And fava pretty much wrote what George has said many times. He can do more to make a difference through his own notoriety, financial support and humanitarian work than he can holding any government office. And he can continue to speak his mind ... which becomes a real problem if you run for elected office. I think that factor is really important to George.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 25 Apr 2018, 20:56

Does anyone know if we will see George Clooney at the Met Gala on May 7th?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 25 Apr 2018, 21:34

I hope so.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 26 Apr 2018, 10:18

I really don't think that he'd not be there! Black tie - or something about Catholicism?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 26 Apr 2018, 12:50

I think he will be there with Amal, Anna is a friend of his as well.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarzyna Sat 05 May 2018, 06:03

This is an interesting piece on the kind of horrible people who are at the met gala and it’s shallowness. Sad state of affairs that George will be there. BTW Kim Kardashian is expected to attend

Katarzyna
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 05 May 2018, 11:48

Yeah, I think this is as vacuous as all things fashion are. No idea why George, who's really not all that concerned about clothes, keeps going to this. This will be his third time, won't it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 05 May 2018, 12:41

When was his first time? 

Matt Damon also went, one year, and he's not into fashion, either. Maybe they do that for their wives, maybe they like to go there because it's still a party full of interesting people.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 05 May 2018, 12:58

It was 2008 he was co host with Julia Roberts.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 05 May 2018, 13:04

I think he goes because Anna Wintour is a friend and money raised goes too the Costume institute.

The money funds the exhibits, acquisitions and capital improvements. The Institute houses a collection of costumes

and accessories from the 15th century to present day.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 05 May 2018, 13:44

I think there are a lot of reasons he goes. Annemarie is probably right about the charity part of it and his friendship with Anna Wintour is another reason. I'm sure that making Amal happy is a big reason now.

It struck me that the women in that Page Six piece who hated the gala were women who I wouldn't associate with "high fashion" to begin with - mostly younger and outside the designer/celebrity club. I guess they went for the publicity and the "experience". If they went back, maybe by then they felt more like they belonged.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 05 May 2018, 14:17

Who doesn't want to go to the Ball.  I'm not into fashion and I would love to go.  I think, to be asked to host would be an honor.  I remember when George Clooney hosted with Julia Roberts, it was my first time learning of the Ball.  Watching the two of them was a joy and brings a lot of wonderful memories.  I know with Amal so into fashion, she has to be overjoyed.  I'm looking forward to the fashion this year.  With the theme, I wonder if the overall fashion will be on the elegant conservative side.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 05 May 2018, 14:38

annemarie wrote:It was 2008 he was co host with Julia Roberts.
I didn't know that. Thanks  This big

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 06 May 2018, 02:01

Hope it’s ok to post this here.  A quick look back to the 2008 Met Ball

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarzyna Sun 06 May 2018, 13:22

Sarah Larson looked amazing in that dress.

Katarzyna
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 07 May 2018, 11:18

Intelligent article about the facts surrounding this year's event, the committee and the Vatican's involvement

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 07 May 2018, 15:02

fashion is an art form as cinema can be
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 07 May 2018, 15:05

A favour to ask to you all. If/when the first pictures of the evening start coming in, could you start a new thread in the 'news' section? I'm going to be offline for a while.

Thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down