George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein

2 posters

Go down

Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein Empty Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein

Post by party animal - not! Mon 23 Oct 2017, 11:19

Excellent interviews from George, Julianne and Matt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and updated Mail piece on same subject and many many pix

and George checking Baria is okay in the scrum inside

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein Empty Re: Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein

Post by annemarie Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:02

[size=30]George Clooney hopes Weinstein scandal will change society[/size]

Updated / Monday, 23 Oct 2017 09:17
[size=44][/size]
[size=30][url=https://twitter.com/share?url=https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/1023/914488-george-clooney/&text=Clooney hopes Weinstein scandal will change society&via=rte][/url][/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Matt Damon, Julianne Moore and George Clooney at the Suburbicon premiere in LA

George Clooney didn't shy away from addressing the Harvey Weinstein scandal on the red carpet for his latest film Suburbicon saying he hopes this is a "moment" which changes society.

Since The New York Times published an explosive article on the disgraced movie mogul which contained allegations of sexual harassment and abuse over three decades, more victims of sexual harassment have been encouraged to share their stories.

Clooney told reporters at the Los Angeles premiere that he hopes the Weinstein controversy will continue to shine a light on sexual abuse and harassment.

"This isn't a Hollywood problem, this exists in all kinds of other arenas we all know and we've all seen", he said. "I think we're all going to have to get to the point where women feel safe to talk about this, where they feel believed and where the men that do this don't feel safe.

"That seems to be the secret to this, it has to be that they can't think they can get away with this anymore. We've got to get to that point. "Maybe this is a moment. If it's not a moment then it's just gonna be stupid Harvey Weinstein jokes in about three months and nothing really gets moved forward. So I hope it is.

"If we can get to that point then we actually succeeded. This thing won't end up just being Harvey Weinstein jokes in three months."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]George Clooney attends the Suburbicon premiere with wife Amal
Clooney, who directed and executive produced the crime comedy Suburbicon, attended the premiere with his wife Amal, with whom he shares twin babies Ella and Alexander. The 56-year-old Hollywood star said having children is not necessary to fully understand the horror of the Weinstein scandal.

"You don't need to have children to think, in terms of how Harvey Weinstein and people treated women, to think how terrible that is", Clooney said. "I feel like right now my kids are innocent and don't have to deal with any of this stuff and I'm certainly concerned that at some point we're all going to have to address it together."

Meanwhile, Clooney's close friend and Suburbicon star Matt Damon said he was optimistic that these stories can bring change and added that the fact that former Hollywood heavyweight Weinstein lost his career is a step in the right direction.

"The fact that one of the most powerful people I’ve ever seen in Hollywood has been banished basically is a shot across the bow to any man in this industry who would leverage and use their power to mistreat a woman," said Damon. "I think they’re on notice. You know? If it can happen to someone as powerful as Harvey, it can happen to anybody. Hopefully that's a step in the right direction."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Matt Damon says Harvey Weinstein losing his career is "a step in the right direction"
Damon's Suburbicon co-star Julianne Moore said that sexual abuse and harassment is not just an issue in Hollywood and says that women need to be encouraged to speak out against abusers.

"It's not endemic only to Hollywood, it's all over the world and I don't know if we want to reach a conclusion, what we want to do is empower women to speak out about what's going on and let them know that they're not alone, that this is behaviour that should not be acceptable", she said.

Moore added that the issue of abuse in Hollywood needs to be tackled on a practical level, saying: "There are some lawyers in New York right now working on eradicating non disclosure agreements in the case of sexual harassment and I think this is absolutely the right way to go."
Julilanne Moore supports the eradication of non-disclosure agreements in case of sexual harassment

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein Empty Re: Suburbicon Red Carpet LA interviews re Weinstein

Post by party animal - not! Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:59

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 23 Oct 2017, 15:22

[size=46]George Clooney Talks Positives of Weinstein Aftermath, Says Amal Has Faced Similar Situations (Exclusive)[/size]

By Rachel McRady‍ 2:27 AM PDT, October 23, 2017

George Clooney wants to lend his voice to preventing a future Harvey Weinstein situation from happening again.
The 56-year-old spoke with ET’s Carly Steel at a press junket for his new film Suburbicon on Saturday where he opened up about the aftermath of the Weinstein scandal.
“We have to, moving forward, we have to make sure that now there has to be something good that’s gonna come out of all of this. And the thing that’s good that could come out of this is that women feel safer in talking about these situations, and in doing so, that it makes it much harder for men who would behave like this to do it, [knowing] that they'll get outed… they could lose their job or even go to jail if it goes that far. I think it’s important that that's gotta be the step forward from this. There has to be something good that comes out of it.”
Clooney is also devoted to finding others responsible in allowing Weinstein’s behavior to continue. 
WATCH: George Clooney Opens Up About His Twins' Latest Milestone and Halloween Plans (Exclusive)

“Harvey would talk about women that he'd, you know, gone out with. I didn't really necessarily believe that ‘cause to believe that would believe bad things about actresses that I know and like, and I didn't really buy into that,” Clooney said. “But I will say that somebody knew and if there was a reporter that sat on a story for years and didn't write it, I want to know why because I would have liked to know to these stories. And if there was a newspaper or a website that had this information that investigated it, I'd like to see how much ad money they got from Miramax or from the Weinstein Company.”
He added, “I want to know who took women up to a hotel room and then left them there for Harvey. I want to know who did that. Harvey's gonna get his and deserves it. But there's other people involved in this and the whole culture of this is gonna have to stop.” 
The Oscar winner was quick to note that it’s not just show business where these issues of sexual harassment and assault are taking place. In fact, Clooney also talked about how the news has affected his wife, Amal, who is a top human rights lawyer.
Photo: Getty Images

“She's faced those exact kinds of situations in law,” he said. “It’s everywhere and so it needs to be addressed as if it’s a problem for all of us. And we have to take it on full force ‘cause the kind of assault that we're talking about now is – it’s so infuriating that this was allowed to go on as long as it did."
Clooney brought Amal and his mother-in-law, Baria Alamuddin, as his dates to Sunday’s premiere of his new film in Los Angeles. 
Photo: Getty Images

WATCH: Harvey Weinstein Scandal Continues: Could He Face Charges Amid Further Allegations?
“I've got the mother-in-law here, so you guys say nice things, OK?” he teased of his VIP date.
For more on the Weinstein scandal, watch the clip below!

Lupita Nyong'o Says Harvey Weinstein Threatened Her Career for Refusing His Advances

[size=49]Play Video[/size]

RELATED GALLERY

George & Amal Clooney: A Relationship Timeline In Pictures 

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down