George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW

+6
fava
annemarie
Way2Old4Dis
it's me
carolhathaway
party animal - not!
10 posters

Go down

Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW Empty Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Sep 2017, 12:27

Maybe I agree with the Fail on this one............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When does the school year start?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW Empty Re: Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW

Post by carolhathaway Thu 14 Sep 2017, 17:08

She looks unbelievably tired, and when I compare her to my twins who are just a few weeks older than her - well, you can't actually compare them to her.

I can't imagine living a life like hers - or her familys, but I guess they're all used to this lifestyle. Being a living advertisement, jetting around the world - I can't imagine that Presley and Kaia just do modeling during the school holidays. But I don't think they are all not used to a 9 to 5 job.
I remember that I once read an interview with a German TV host who said that she doesn't know anybody with a 9 to 5 job. When she meets up with friends, they usually stay up until breakfast in the early morning because nobody has to go to work the next morning. This sounds so strange to me, as if some people live in a parallel universe - which certainly is the same for George.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW Empty Re: Kaia Gerber on endless catwalks NYFW

Post by it's me Thu 14 Sep 2017, 19:11

Parallel universe

How true Shocked
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 14 Sep 2017, 22:20

The Gerber kids were pulled out of their private school after some kind of dispute with a policy (it was health related, if I remember correctly), and I don't know if they went back, or went the home schooling route. Of course, it would not be like any home schooling you or I would have had.

I think three runways is too much for a 16-year-old. It may be just modeling, but the pace at those shows, along with the hours, is crazy. They should be limited to one show/collection in their first year, I think, with the number and timing of their hours limited, and the parties - which are definitely not put together with 16-year-olds in mind - off limits.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 14 Sep 2017, 22:34

They were pulled out of their school because of high levels of pcb's.

They did return to school , this summer Presley graduated from the Malibu 

high school.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 15 Sep 2017, 13:50

Call me crazy, but just because your 16 year old wants to do something doesn't mean you need to allow it.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Sep 2017, 14:10

Cindy and Rande were with her at all the shows. I'm guessing they were in control
of how long she stayed out and what parties she attended.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 15 Sep 2017, 14:41

True, and I get your point, but Cindy and Rande have no control over the frenzy of the shows, or how long they run, or the designers' requirement for the availability of the models. They don't control what happens backstage.

The Gerber kids don't have to work. So we assume they're pursuing modeling because it's what they want. With most models, the gigs are about getting the next gig. Kaia Gerber, who is a replica of her famous mother, does not have to worry about that. She can do as little or as much as she wants.

But she's 16, and she has bags under her eyes. Even if it was just for one night, she obviously overextended.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 15 Sep 2017, 19:01

Brooke Shields said that she'd prefer her daughters not go the modeling route. It's interesting how someone who came up pretty much the same way as Cindy Crawford has such a different take on things.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Sep 2017, 19:05

Rande was also a model so both of them know what it involves.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 16 Sep 2017, 15:23

Think of the pressure this kid is under... her mom is Cindy Crawford. She can't afford to put one toe out of place, the press will eat her alive. Just asking here-- is Cindy a stage mom??"okay dear child of mine, you want to be a model ... THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 17 Sep 2017, 02:28

PigPen wrote:Think of the pressure this kid is under... her mom is Cindy Crawford.  She can't afford to put one toe out of place, the press will eat her alive.   Just asking here-- is Cindy a stage mom??"okay dear child of mine, you want to be a model ... THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT.  

Absofreakinlutely!  Just like Kris Jenner and Dina Whats-her-name.  Poor Kaia (and Presley) have not one chance of being normal.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 17 Sep 2017, 04:13

I check Cindy and Rande's Instagram accounts from time to time.  From what I see the family seems pretty close and have a pretty normal home life.  Looks like Kaia and Presley have a close relationship. Both kids went to Malibu High School and were on the honor roll last year. Kaia has said it can be difficult juggling school and modeling but school always comes first.   Rande and Cindy were with Kaia on this trip and were also with her at the post runway parties.  Cindy has said she gives Kaia and Presley lots of advice on modeling and I imagine she has warned them of the pitfalls.  In any case Rande and Cindy seem like very involved parents and to that extent I would think they will guide their kids as best they can in following their modeling aspirations.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 17 Sep 2017, 10:09

London Fashion Week now........

and Vogue. Interesting. There must be a million unknowns trying to achieve this, but without the network.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 17 Sep 2017, 13:25

The photos in the DM article are interesting. She goes from looking like a well dressed rich kid (the black & white outfit) to looking like a 5 year old playing dress-up (the yellow whatever-that-was she was wearing with the black turban! Ugh!).

I find the last photo taken with her mother a bit disturbing. She's dressed for the street but is wearing a lot of makeup and a bustier (a pretty low-cut one at that). How is that appropriate for a kid who just turned 16? I guess I'm old fashioned, but I think a kid should be a kid. They'll have to keep a tight rein on the people around her if they don't want her to fall victim to the uglier side of the industry.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 17 Sep 2017, 21:24

Donnamarie wrote:I check Cindy and Rande's Instagram accounts from time to time.  From what I see the family seems pretty close and have a pretty normal home life.  Looks like Kaia and Presley have a close relationship. Both kids went to Malibu High School and were on the honor roll last year. Kaia has said it can be difficult juggling school and modeling but school always comes first.   Rande and Cindy were with Kaia on this trip and were also with her at the post runway parties.  Cindy has said she gives Kaia and Presley lots of advice on modeling and I imagine she has warned them of the pitfalls.  In any case Rande and Cindy seem like very involved parents and to that extent I would think they will guide their kids as best they can in following their modeling aspirations.
So what's the rush?  You're only a 16 year old high school student once. I understand kids are in a hurry to grow up.  But parents don't have to buy into it.  She is not some 16 year old eastern european kid where this is her only shot.  She will have plenty of chances.  Just the exposure to body image judgement, eating disorders, etc. would give me pause as a parent.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 17 Sep 2017, 23:46

To be honest, Kaia has the best of both worlds really. She has parents who know what this world is like and were very successful in it, and who also know the downsides and realities of it. And she also has all the contacts she could possibly want to get the jobs. So in many ways quite privileged.

It would be nice to think that this may be just a 'let's see what this is like' opportunity. But I would like to think that she and her brother have other further education choices that they may/may not take up.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Sep 2017, 14:35

Yep. Kaia has the ultimate connection in Cindy Crawford being her mom.  If she wants this career bad enough and she is good at, and early indications are that she has what it takes, she can be as successful as mom.

I don't understand the rush myself.  I'm not a fan of the modeling world. It can be really dicey and is fraught with all kinds of bad behavior and back stabbing, etc.  I wouldn't want my daughter involved in that kind of environment.  But Cindy knows all this. She lived through it and did so successfully.  She had a positive experience.  We just don't know the dynamics of how Kaia's parents have guided and cautioned her.  It's easy for us to judge. Probably most of us wouldn't let our children do something like this at such a young age but this is their decision.  Hopefully both kids will be heading off to college and they will widen their horizons...
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Sep 2017, 10:08

An excellent article in today's Guardian from a leading journalist.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 19 Sep 2017, 13:15

I'm curious how Kaia stared modeling at 10 years old. Did someone approach Cindy and she just let Kaia do the shoot "for the fun of it"? Did Kaia accompany Cindy to a shoot and say "Mommy, I want to do that"? Is she one of the very few children who has always known what she wanted to be or is this Mommy's way of staying in the limelight a bit longer?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Sep 2017, 13:56

I don't think Cindy needs to use her kids to stay in the limelight. She is well known and one of the biggest models out there.  I think the kids wanted to try this and she and Rande agreed I also think they set certain rules for them to do this.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 20 Sep 2017, 16:39

Alot of pix from the Mail showing Presley Gerber smoking a cigarette in a park in London......to me he looks painfully thin - and maybe he doesn't smoke that much (I'm not really surprised) but we know only too well it suppresses appetite......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down