George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon

+4
Way2Old4Dis
Katiedot
Donnamarie
Sevens
8 posters

Go down

Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon Empty Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon

Post by Sevens Fri 18 Aug 2017, 13:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Looks like a more uplifting poster.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon Empty Re: Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon

Post by Donnamarie Fri 18 Aug 2017, 20:03

I like it. Has an eerily sinister look to it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon Empty Re: Exclusive New Poster for George Clooney's Suburbicon

Post by Katiedot Sat 19 Aug 2017, 03:38

[size=41]Exclusive New Poster[/size]
[size=41]For George Clooney's Suburbicon[/size]

George Clooney is becoming as prolific for his work behind the camera as he is in front of it. That trend continues with crime comedy Suburbicon, Clooney's sixth film as director, which also boasts the might of a script co-written by the Coen brothers. We've snagged an exclusive new poster – take a look below.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The script for Suburbicon dates back to 1986; the Coens wrote it shortly after completing their debut Blood Simple. Clooney and his regular co-writer Grant Heslov rewrote it, changing the setting from present day to 1959. Set in quiet small-town Suburbicon, full of picket fences and manicured lawns, it sees Gardner Lodge (Matt Damon) find his peaceful life disrupted by the Mafia. A bloody journey of revenge inevitably follows.
Oscar Isaac and Julianne Moore also star in the film, which is heading towards a 24 November release date.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 19 Aug 2017, 03:39

Clever.  But I think it won't work as you have to spend time looking at the details - kind of the opposite of what a poster is all about.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 21 Aug 2017, 16:00

And George as director gets top-line billing, above the acting stars. Definitely a signal for an awards push.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 21 Aug 2017, 16:37

Way2Old4Dis wrote:And George as director gets top-line billing, above the acting stars. Definitely a signal for an awards push.
And it's George who is accepting all the media interviews at the moment...
Way2 have you seen the much better new UK trailer in another thread?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 21 Aug 2017, 18:12

Katiedot wrote:Clever.  But I think it won't work as you have to spend time looking at the details - kind of the opposite of what a poster is all about.
I\'ve got an idea It needs more blood!

Also, why do so many articles insist on listing the Coen brothers as having written the movie? George and Grant re-wrote it from an earlier Coen brothers' script. It's their baby! (Unless there's some reason G&G don't want the writing credit.) Way2Old, what do you think?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 21 Aug 2017, 21:14

I think the credits will either be "Written By George Clooney & Grant Heslov AND Joel & Ethan Coen" (the distinctiion between the ampersand and the word are hugely important in the WGA crediting system), or ""Screenplay By George Clooney & Grant Heslov" and "Story By Joel & Ethan Coen."

My understanding is that George and Grant not only changed the time period, but also added integral characters and switched genres. That should be enough to make them the primary writers, because major story elements have changed. Also, since their version is the one going to the screen, they should get first -- or full -- writing credits. 

But the WGA has made some confusing crediting decisions in the past, and George has been the object of one of them ('Leatherheads.')

To answer the other question, yes, I did see the new international trailer, and yes, I do think it's better than the earlier domestic one. My concern is that the marketing people are trying too hard to segment the target audience. People will either not be interested in going, or they'll be pissed that the movie wasn't as advertised. Bad marketing is a maddening way to kill a good movie's prospects.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 21 Aug 2017, 21:35

Way2Old - Thanks for the info. I remember the "Leatherheads" issue. I thought George resigned from the WGA because of it. Do you have to be a member to be nominated? Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Their rules seem really complicated.

I've stopped watching the trailers. I know too much about the movie already. If I learn much more about it there'll be no point going to see it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 21 Aug 2017, 22:00

He's still a member, but in 'fi-core' status. That's 'financial core,' which means he pays dues that go toward basic guild functions, and nothing else (like charitable contributions). He can't vote for officers and can't be on the board. And it's a lifetime decision.

But as long as he works on a Guild signatory project, he gets all Guild membership protection.

Don't look for WGA  noms come awards season, though.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Aug 2017, 02:34

Way2Old - The WGA sounds like a closed shop union where if you want to work the job you must pay dues - whether you join the union or not. How does his kind of membership affect his eligibility for WGA award nominations? And why is it a lifetime decision?Why isn't it possible to change your status?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 22 Aug 2017, 13:09

The WGA does not nominate writers who go fi-core. For instance, '12 Years a Slave' was deemed ineligible for WGA awards because John Ridley is fi-core; he changed his membership during the 2007-08 writers' strike because he didn't agree with the bargaining, and he had projects going and had to work.

The lifetime thing is just their rule. There's no going back. It is, I assume, to discourage members from going fi-core.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Fri 08 Sep 2017, 19:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 08 Sep 2017, 19:26

Best poster so far!

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 08 Sep 2017, 22:23

Hmmm.  I really like this one too.   It may be my favorite.  It pops.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 08 Sep 2017, 22:30

Scaring !

I like it
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 08 Sep 2017, 23:25

Much better! The other one was too sanitized and pretty. This looks much more like the movie sounds. (If that makes sense.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 08 Sep 2017, 23:52

Yes it does

And we will better understand that sound

Then
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 09 Sep 2017, 01:07

LizzyNY wrote:Much better! The other one was too sanitized and pretty. This looks much more like the movie sounds. (If that makes sense.)

Yep I think this is my favorite so far.  This one reflects more pointedly the darkness and maliciousness that George has described .  Agree Lizzy. It looks more like what we think the movie is about.  But I did like the second poster.  It's more thoughtful.  Katie commented that you have to look at it for too long to figure out what is its intent .... Sort of self defeating.  But I like the contrast of the idyllic looking neighborhood as the backdrop to the blood splattered Welcome sign and the looming dark clouds.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 09 Sep 2017, 01:54

New Trailer:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down