George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2

4 posters

Go down

George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 Empty George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 Jun 2017, 10:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What actually happened.

And George pottering on the Thames explained

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 Empty Re: George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2

Post by Katiedot Sat 24 Jun 2017, 11:48

[size=32]We went crunch into George Clooney's boathouse, my foot[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

IT sounds like the plot of one of his movies: George Clooney’s boathouse is targeted by an out-of-control boat on the River Thames.

Unfortunately for action film fans, the truth was far less dramatic.

A national newspaper website reported that the boat, called Juno Too, collided with the newly-renovated boathouse at the riverside home in Sonning that the Hollywood star shares with his wife Amal and their newborn twins last Friday afternoon.

According to a witness, the craft “ploughed” into the structure with “a loud crunch”.

And the villains of the piece? Two “elderly couples” on an afternoon jolly on the river.

But before Hollywood scriptwriters reach for their keyboards, I can reveal that the alleged collision was in fact not even as much as a bump.

John Maguire, a passenger on the boat, says he simply used his foot to push off gently from the boathouse, a common manoeuvre when turning in the river.

Mr Maguire, who has been a trustee of Upper Thames Motor Yacht Club at Mill End, Sonning Eye, for more than 40 years, said: “I was crewing for another member of the club who is fairly new and I told him to go up slowly and then turn to the port side.

“I had to push off from the boathouse as we turned but there was no damage, no excitement. It’s quite normal to put your foot against a boathouse for pushing off, there’s nothing wrong in it.

“I’ve been a member of Upper Thames for 40 years and I’ve taken my boat everywhere.

“I can turn my boat on a sixpence but he is new and couldn’t, that was it. Nobody was hurt and there was no damage.” Mr Maguire says he and the pilot were returning to the club ahead of a fund-raising event for children’s charity Starlight on Saturday, where they entertained more than 100 terminally ill children, and were asked to moor near the boathouse.

He said: “We were getting ready for the charity event and everyone was coming down to the club to help.
“The boat owner’s wife was helping with the food and I did a barbecue for 170 people the following day. We were all doing a good job but there was nothing written about that.

“The report said there were two old guys in charge of the boat who were going too fast. It said I had white hair. Well, I’m 75 years old but there’s not a grey hair on my head! It’s insulting and that’s what offended me most.”
Mr Maguire and fellow club members met with the Clooneys’ estate manager Shak Hussain on Monday to smooth things over.

Mr Maguire said: “We have a marvellous relationship with them, they are the most fantastic neighbours.
“When George’s trees were hanging over the river earlier in the year he made sure that two days later they were all cut back. He bends over backwards to make things nice for his neighbours.

“We are hopeful that he will come over one day soon for a drink and to meet everybody. He always waves to us and offers to support charity events. He’s a great neighbour.”

Mr Hussain said: “John jumped to the back to push the boat away, it never touched the boathouse.

“I don’t want the yacht club to be tarnished. The guys there are great and we’ve had no issues.

“We are going to do whatever we can for them and George will be going to the club to see some very happy people.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2 Empty Re: George's Boathouse hit by motor boat Part 2

Post by Katiedot Sat 24 Jun 2017, 11:51

Mr Maguire and fellow club members met with the Clooneys’ estate manager Shak Hussain on Monday to smooth things over.

Reckon that was the guy in the boat with George in the photos?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 Jun 2017, 11:57

Yep.

Really like this article. Nothing hysterical, all just really sensible normal stuff

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 24 Jun 2017, 13:16

Very Happy Love that what upset him most - even more than the charity work being ignored - was them saying he had white hair! Seems like everyone's got their priorities straight. Very Happy

It's nice to know George has such a good relationship with his neighbors.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 25 Jun 2017, 02:52

Yea just the straightforward scoop. Not a sensationalized account of a non story. Seems like after all is said and done George has been a great addition to the neighborhood.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down