George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins?

+4
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Doug Ross
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? Empty Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins?

Post by Katiedot Fri 23 Jun 2017, 13:11

Ahh, the bullshit detector is hitting 10 every time I even open this silly website.  Nevertheless . . . 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is George Clooney Ready To Retire FromActing After Birth Of Baby Twins?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
REX/Shutterstock
Hello fatherhood, goodbye Hollywood? George Clooney might be retiring from acting after welcoming twins with wifey Amal, HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY learned. The next move in his career is a BIG one, that’s for sure!

PLEASE DON’T GO, George Clooney, 56! The Hollywood hunk has been in the business for over thirty years, but now that he’s a proud father of twins, he’s starting to look forward to retirement and committing to being a full-time dad. “George is in full dad mode and he’s also celebrating the sale of Casamigo,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. “Both of these milestones made him realize that work will always come second, but don’t plan on him retiring like Daniel Day Lewis.” Instead of quitting Hollywood altogether, he’s devised a plan to “act sparingly” and really choose his roles carefully. So don’t worry, we haven’t seen the last of George on the silver screen!

That being said, his new life as a father is “certainly going to effect the frequency,” the source continues. Instead of reading scripts until the wee hours, he’s tackling daddy duties like changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night for late feedings. Along with selling his tequila company, the Burn After Reading actor reached the milestone of celebrating his first Father’s Day on June 18 with wifey Amal Clooney and babies Ella and Alexander. George’s family spoiled him by cooking breakfast and serving it in bed, which is where he spent his ENTIRE day relaxing!
Now that the silver fox has ripped off the fatherhood band-aid, does he see more kids in his future? “He loves the twins and is having a blast with them, but when it comes to having more children, it is going to end at two,” a different insider EXCLUSIVELY told us. “The urge, if there was even one to have more, is not a thing as their hands are full.” We totally get it!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? Empty Re: Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins?

Post by Katiedot Fri 23 Jun 2017, 13:13

Also, why are they so emotionally invested in the idea that George spent all of father's day in bed relaxing???
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins? Empty Re: Is George Clooney Ready To Retire From Acting After Birth Of Baby Twins?

Post by Doug Ross Fri 23 Jun 2017, 14:04

Katiedot wrote:Also, why are they so emotionally invested in the idea that George spent all of father's day in bed relaxing???
They're losing their minds..

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 23 Jun 2017, 17:49

Career-wise there's nothing here we haven't speculated about for quite a while. He's been making changes for the last few years and has been dropping hints abut moving behind the camera except when getting financing for a project requires him to appear onscreen. Maybe the appearance of the twins sped up the timeline a bit.

Does anyone else find it a bit odd that all the articles talk about George getting up for middle-of-the-night feedings and diaper changes and spending the day in bed as if he's the mom recovering from giving birth?  Where is Amal?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 23 Jun 2017, 18:14

Lizzy, I think these articles are nothing more than click bait. There's nothing legitimate in the reporting. The idea that one of the most eligible and sexiest bachelor stars for most of his career is now married and in charge of taking care of his newborn twins is a story that is hard to resist for readers.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 23 Jun 2017, 20:03

He must be so cute with the baby twins .   Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 23 Jun 2017, 20:18

I agree with you Donnamarie, George the big star now a daddy they have to make up something. Most of these stories are made up they know there are some who will believe anything.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 23 Jun 2017, 20:42

Of course it's nonsense. I just find it interesting that other than saying she's "an amazing mother" nothing has been written about Amal since the twins came home. It's all George. Considering what an icon she is to so many women, you'd think they'd mention her at least a little. After all, she is the one who gave birth.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 23 Jun 2017, 22:38

IMO most of these articles are just guessings and rumors, we simply don't know about if he does get up at night and changes and feeds the babies because we don't live in their home.

Many of us here on COH do have kids so we know how busy they keep you. One of my collegues just became a grandma for the first time, and after her son had visited her with his family, she told me: "I had totally forgotten that new parents are kept busy nonstop. Now that's one baby, just imagine to have two newborns!
I do have twins and although we weren't able to take them home from hospital until they were six months old and they therefore were used to be fed every four hours, I had not one minute for anything else apart from them. And I alsonhad help:  my mother (who lives next-door) helped me for months, did the washing and cooking for me, and my husband fed them in the early mornings before he went to work.

So I can imagine that they're both busy with the twins, even with all the help they have. They have to learn everything, everything is new and fascinating, and I'm sure that George enjoys every minute he spends with his kids. I think he's well aware of the fact that he's very privileged: he doesn't have to go to work in the early morning and returning late at night, missing many of the special moments parents have with their kids.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 24 Jun 2017, 04:47

Agree carol. Even with help I would think George and Amal are pretty much consumed with Ella and Alexander. They probably feel like they are in a fog sometimes, especially if they are operating on little sleep.

Yesterday I was listening to the news on the radio and there was a tease to stay tuned to a report that a famous actor was retiring from movie making. First person I think of is George. I thought OMG. That can't be. Well it wasn't. It was Daniel Day Lewis who I think is only 60 years old. But it crossed my mind for just an instant. I do wonder about where George's head is at right now as far as his movie career is concerned.
He has said he devotes time almost everyday for his humanitarian work. Within the next year or so I wonder if he wants to take on directing another movie?
I'm hoping during promotion for 'Suburbicon' we get some good sit-down interviews with George. Maybe he'll talk about his future career moves.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 24 Jun 2017, 04:47

LizzyNY wrote:Of course it's nonsense. I just find it interesting that other than saying she's "an amazing mother" nothing has been written about Amal since the twins came home. It's all George.
That's because it's George who's the star.  Nobody knows Amal and I don't think many people are interested in her apart from the fact she's married to George.  His name is the one that sells papers.

I think it's also a result of the fact that all of these stories are entirely made up: the 'journalists' writing this stuff are only interested in George, plus it may be hard for them to imagine what Amal's doing because she's largely unknown.

LizzyNY wrote:Considering what an icon she is to so many women
She is???
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 24 Jun 2017, 13:28

Maybe not in the rest of the world, but here in the US she's considered a role model for millenial women -the perfect example of how you can have it all - be a force in the world and a fashion icon at the same time. Sort of a combination of Mother Theresa and Kim Kardashian.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 25 Jun 2017, 17:15

George Clooney NOT Retiring After Birth Of Twins, Despite Report

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 26 Jun 2017, 04:34

Hahahaha! We KNEW it!

EXCLUSIVE
George Clooney NOT Retiring After Birth Of Twins, Despite Report
Truth rating: 0
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Getty Images)

By Michael Lewittes | 10:30 am, June 25th, 2017

George Clooney is not retiring from acting to become a “full-time dad” after the birth of his twins, despite a made-up report. Gossip Cop can expose this story as fake news. We’re told he’s “never said that.”
The serial fibbers at HollywoodLife maintain that Clooney is looking “forward to retirement and committing to being a full-time dad” now that he and his wife Amal welcomed their twins, Alexander and Ella. What’s worse, the site, which has repeatedly been caught concocting fake quotes, seemingly is at it again. This time, a so-called source allegedly says, “George is in full dad mode and he’s also celebrating the sale of Casamigo.” Of course, if the often untrustworthy outlet’s alleged “source” knew anything about Clooney, he or she would know his tequila company, which is in the process of being sold, is called “casamigos,” not “casamigo.”
HollywoodLies, as it’s become known because of its penchant for fabricating, appears not to have any real Clooney insiders. At best, it seems the repeatedly discredited site is simply speculating. Actually, the actor has spoken in the past about cutting down on acting. As Gossip Cop reported last year, well before his wife even became pregnant, Clooney said, “Aging becomes something that you try to do less and less onscreen.” He added that he’ll try to “pick the films that work best for [me] and, as you age, they become less and less.”
At the time, a number of outlets misconstrued the Oscar-winner’s words. But Gossip Cop was the first to correct claims that Clooney was quitting acting. And his rep even assured us he was “not retiring.” Clooney cutting back on acting, however, has anything to do with the birth of his two babies or the pending sale of Casamigos. His professional focus over time has become directing.
Of course, HollywoodLies has a proven record of manufacturing untrue articles about the actor. Just days ago, the unreliable site claimed Clooney’s twins looked just like him; however, his friend and business partner Rande Gerber was just quoted as saying Alexander and Ella are the “perfect mix of George and Amal. And, as Gossip Cop has noted before, the outlet famously exposed its habit of creating fake news when it contended that Brad Pitt was leaning on Clooney for support before his divorce from Angelina Jolie was publicly announced.
One of the webloid’s made-up sources was quoted as saying, “Brad is leaning on George for support right now.” But as widely reported, at the time the concocted article was published, Clooney didn’t even know that his friend and Jolie were splitting up. Much like the previously mentioned stories and many more, the latest report contending Clooney is retiring to become a “full-time dad” is also untrue. Gossip Cop is told by an insider that the actor “never said that.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down