George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family?

5 posters

Go down

Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? Empty Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family?

Post by Katiedot Tue 06 Jun 2017, 13:56

I'm sure we can all guess what they're trying to hint at here.  Am I right in thinking that Amal's brother has twins or something?  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? His Genes Wouldn't Determine His Kids
By Kaitlin Kimont2 hours ago

With the arrivals of both the Clooney twins and Beyoncé's bundles of joy right around the corner, the world is still wondering how it got so lucky with two pieces of wonderful baby news in such a short period of time. While the number of twin births in the United States has substantially spiked over the past three decades, it’s still hard not to wonder if there's something in the water or if genetics is the answer for all these twins. Multiple births don’t appear to be in Beyoncé or Amal Clooney’s lineage, but do twins run in George Clooney’s family?
Some detective work indicates that twins probably don’t run in Clooney’s immediate family. The 56-year-old actor only has one older sister named Adelia Zeidler, who goes by "Ada," and she's been far removed from the Hollywood scene, working in payroll in accounting in suburban Kentucky. She has two children herself, but they aren't twins.
While his father, famous journalist Nick Clooney, could have passed for his son's twin back in the day, the 83-year-old anchorman and television host is one of five children — none of whom are his twin. As for Clooney’s mother, Nina Bruce Clooney, she's not a twin either and has two siblings.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Carlo Allegri/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
[size][size]

But let’s say Clooney does carry the twin gene somewhere within his family history; According to health and wellness site Verywell, it still wouldn’t increase his chances of having twins. But he could pass it on to his daughter — his mother confirmed they are having "one of each," according to Vogue — and she could have a higher chance of having fraternal twins, if that's the case.  
"Since only women ovulate, the connection is only valid on the mother's side of the family," according to Verywell. "While men can carry the gene and pass it on to their daughters, a family history of twins doesn't make them any more likely to have twins themselves."
There doesn't seem to be a connection to twins in Amal's family either, as she has one younger sister, Tala Alamuddin, and two half-brothers, Samer and Ziad Alamuddin, from her father's first marriage, who don't appear to be twins either.

[/size][/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
[size][size]
While family history can play a role in whether someone has twins, other factors like the mom-to-be's age, weight, race, fertility treatments, and reproductive history could all increase your chances of having twins or multiples. So there are plenty of reasons that could explain why the Clooneys are expecting twins, but we won't know the details until (or if) they decide to address it themselves.[/size][/size]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? Empty Re: Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family?

Post by LizzyNY Tue 06 Jun 2017, 14:14

Seems to me they're saying twins don't run in either family, so maybe IVF? I  think they're hinting that considering Amal's age and weight, twins would be less likely without help.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family? Empty Re: Do Twins Run In George Clooney's Family?

Post by What Would He Say Tue 06 Jun 2017, 22:13

No twins in my family....and look what happened....it's not a given...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 06 Jun 2017, 22:15

Amals brother has twin boys.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 Jun 2017, 04:41

LizzyNY wrote:Seems to me they're saying twins don't run in either family, so maybe IVF? I  think they're hinting that considering Amal's age and weight, twins would be less likely without help.
Yup, that's exactly what they're trying to say.

What Would He Say wrote:No twins in my family....and look what happened....it's not a given...
Hahaha! Fair point!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 07 Jun 2017, 13:25

Well, however they got here, there are twins in George's family now! Smile If it was IVF does that change the chances for twins in the family in the future?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Jun 2017, 06:17

LizzyNY wrote:If it was IVF does that change the chances for twins in the family in the future?
Nope. Because IVF doesn't change genetics.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 08 Jun 2017, 13:20

If they had been identical twins would that still be true? I know fraternal twins come from separate eggs, so it's as if they're individual pregnancies. But if identical twins come from the same egg don't they carry the DNA for twins? - (obviously not true for G&A's twins.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Jun 2017, 14:11

Not as I understand it - and I'm assuming you're still talking about identical twins from IVF.  In order to be genetically likely to have twins, it needs to be in your genes, which you get from your parents.  

IVF doesn't change a person's genetic makeup in that way.  (Yes, sometimes in IVF you can change genes around a bit for example to ensure a child doesn't inherit genetic illness from its parents, but no one plays around with genes in order to make the baby more likely to have twins in the future).

IVF/fertility treatments are more likely to cause multiple births for these reasons:

- they implant more than one egg, and if two or three are viable, they'll keep them, resulting in twins or triplets

- IVF can stimulate the ovaries to release more than one egg, resulting in multiples

- even when only one embryo is transferred, it's possible for it to split (as normally happens with identical twins) resulting in identical twins (or even triplets!).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 08 Jun 2017, 14:59

Since I had my twins via IVF, I can explain the procedure (well, at least the procedure 16 years ago):
First, I needed to take a drug to suppress my natural cycle. This means self-injections for 14 days.
After that, I had to take other hormons for another 14 days to boost the egg production. Oh yes, by self-injection as well. 
During this time, I needed to visit the fertility clinic every three days for blood-check and also ultrasound scan.
Then I got an injection with hormons to help the eggs to mature.
48 hours later, the eggs were collected from both tubes via a hollow needle. I then got another injection to prepare the lining of my womb for the embryo transfer. The eggs were mixed with my husband's sperm.
48 hours later, we went back to the clinic. We were told that they had collected five eggs. Four of them were fertilized, one had already split to twins. So they selected two others (the genders weren't selected) and implanted them. In Germany, two eggs are the maximum to be implanted.

That sounds like a lot of fun, doesn't it? Much more than the 'old fashioned way to become pregnant'.

I was lucky enough to get pregnant with both, but had multiple problems like Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome, bleedings, sickness for six months - all the fun you can get. And it resulted in the birth of my twins after 26 weeks.
Was it worth it? Yes, absolutely! Would I do it again? No, never!
Can I imagine people would prefer that way of conceiving rather than having sex? No, that's beyond my imagination.
And no, it didn't change my kuds' genetic risk of having twins themselves.

Last edited by carolhathaway on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 15:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down