George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon

5 posters

Go down

Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon Empty Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon

Post by Sevens Fri 26 May 2017, 08:18

WWD: You also star in “Suburbicon,” directed by George Clooney. What is unique about his approach to directing?

J.M.: He’s great. He’s incredibly prepared and he attracts a tremendously talented crew, which says a lot for him personally and professionally. You know, when someone has that caliber of talent around them, that they are gifted themselves, and well-liked and really capable.

It’s based on a script that the Coen brothers wrote years ago that George found, and they agreed to have him to direct it. It’s me, Matt Damon and Oscar Isaac.

WWD: Can you share any of the storyline?

J.M.: Matt Damon and I play a couple that lives in a Levittown, the name for the suburban communities in the United States that were built by William Levitt after World War II, with people needing affordable housing very quick. There was one outside of Pennsylvania, there was one in Long Island….So this is based in a community like that, and it’s a primarily white community. And in it an African-American family moves in and everyone starts blaming all the trouble on them. In the meantime, there’s a lot of stuff that’s happening in our household that Damon and I share, there’s some stuff happening there and they’re hiding in the chaos.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon Empty Re: Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon

Post by Katiedot Fri 26 May 2017, 12:15

It’s based on a script that the Coen brothers wrote years ago that George found

Anybody else wonder exactly how he found the script?? Had it fallen down the back of their sofa? Did he have to break into their office? Do the Coens often leave their scripts lying around in public places for stars to find? I think the world deserves to know.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon Empty Re: Julianne Moore talks about George and Suburbicon

Post by amaretti Sat 27 May 2017, 21:26

Maybe he thought they were going to do it .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 27 May 2017, 23:14

When the Coens got the rights to the script they probably talked about what they wanted to do with it. George probably showed interest early on, and when it looked like they'd never get around to making it he stepped up and asked if he could do it. Obviously they said yes.

I'm curious how much input the Coens had on the film - especially the script.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 28 May 2017, 02:40

Katiedot wrote:
It’s based on a script that the Coen brothers wrote years ago that George found

Anybody else wonder exactly how he found the script??   Had it fallen down the back of their sofa?  Did he have to break into their office?  Do the Coens often leave their scripts lying around in public places for stars to find?  I think the world deserves to know.

If I'm not wrong, back then he was asked to be in the movie. Then the movie didn't get made and he asked to direct it.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 28 May 2017, 03:01

Oh, the film has been rated R for language, violence and some sexuality.

George said the Coens wanted to direct it and offered him a role in early 2000s, he apparently read and has had the script for a while.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down