George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London

+10
Way2Old4Dis
PigPen
carolhathaway
Donnamarie
Tulips
LizzyNY
What Would He Say
party animal - not!
annemarie
Katiedot
14 posters

Go down

George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London Empty George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London

Post by Katiedot Sat 15 Apr 2017, 13:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

HERE'S WHERE GEORGE AND AMAL CLOONEY HOPE TO RAISE THEIR TWINS

Their romance has taken them all over the world. But once George Clooney and Amal Clooney welcome twins, there may only be one place this family officially calls home.

As the excitement continues to grow for the couple to officially become parents, it appears both parties are carefully planning their next steps.

According to a source, the tentative plan is to have Amal have the babies in London. The couple will also live and nest in their U.K. home for the twin's first years of life.

And while it's far too early to say if the kids will definitely stay in London for grade school, our insider assures us that George "is really excited to be a dad" while Amal plans to stay low-key for a while once the babies are born.

In other words, don't expect to see the human rights attorney photographed out and about with the twins immediately.

Back in February, George appeared on the French program Rencontres de Cinema where he was asked about his baby news. While the actor is trying to keep things private, he couldn't help but smile when sharing his happiness.

"We are really happy and really excited. It's going to be an adventure," he gushed to film journalist Laurent Weil. "We've sort of embraced it all…with arms wide open."

As for his close friends, they couldn't be more excited at the thought of George and Amal adding mom and dad to their already impressive resumes.

"I'm very excited. Obviously we're friends of parenthood. I think it's incredible for George and it really took Amal, I think," Cindy Crawford recently shared with E! News' Marc Malkin. "She's just so amazing and they're just so happy. It just seemed like a natural next step."

She continued, "It was like all of a sudden he might get married and he might have a family. It's incredible. We are very excited for them."

—Reporting by Alli Rosenbloom

[center]
[size=60]George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London[/size]

by 
Rachel Jacoby Zoldan

April 14, 2017 3:32 pm
Francois Durand/Getty Images

George and Amal Clooney have had quite the love story that's taken them across the globe; after all, they hosted their own 2014 nuptials in Venice, Italy. But after stepping out in late February publicly on the red carpet together for 2017 César Film Awards (in custom Atelier Versace, no less), everything fast paced about George and Amal Clooney—take her on-fire career a human-rights attorney, for example—slowed down with the exciting news that the couple are expecting twins later this year.

Though the Clooneys had stayed mum on many details about their future family up to this point, on Thursday night, Clooney hinted that the children would not only be born in London, but he and the missus also plan to spend the first years of their children's lives in the U.K. as well, as first reported by E! News. Amal herself was raised in the U.K., and her legal practice is based in London.

"I played a pediatrician on ER, so I know how to work with extra children," Clooney joked before admitting that prior to meeting his wife, he wasn't particularly interested in having children of his own. Now, though, he's over the moon. "We are really happy and really excited. It's going to be an adventure," he said. "We've sort of embraced it all…with arms wide open."

So while we now know the Clooney twins will be raised across the pond, it's not clear how much time the children will spend stateside. The soon-to-be parents, however, did tell reporters that they would no longer travel to certain dangerous places they'd become accustomed to visiting for work or pleasure that could pose any sort of threat. '

You can't really blame them, though, with their twice-as-nice delivery on the way, now could you?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London Empty Re: George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London

Post by Katiedot Sat 15 Apr 2017, 13:19

So. Does anyone here really believe George is going to settle in the UK for the next two to three years?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London Empty Re: George and Amal Clooney Plan on Raising Their Twins in London

Post by annemarie Sat 15 Apr 2017, 13:41

George said himself when the children are school aged they will decide where to settle, until then they will continue to travel for work and stay at all their homes nothing will change anytime soon.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 15 Apr 2017, 13:49

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they're in the UK for a while - baby weighings, clinics for jabs etc - if they're born here.

And I'll take a bet he'll have some time off, Como for a while  - until Surbicon promotion maybe.

I don't think they'll want to be around the LA pap scene

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 15 Apr 2017, 16:19

Pan I agree I think for the first few doctors appointments they will have to be there, but other than that they can move the way they usually do.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 15 Apr 2017, 16:37

........of course they'll have to buy six cots!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 15 Apr 2017, 19:14

Actually eight cots for four homes.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 16 Apr 2017, 00:38

All they need now is an Irish refugee nanny....who speaks Arabic...and cooks....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 16 Apr 2017, 07:15

The German online press are running this story too, with their spin on it: "George Clooney's children will be British!"

His wife is British, so I'm wondering why it's such a surprise to them that their children will have dual nationality?

As far as I understand, it's the fact that Amal has a British passport that will give their children British nationality - being born in the UK doesn't qualify you for citizenship.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:07

The Girl About Town columnist, Charlotte Griffiths has written a piece in today's Mail, saying that the Clooney babies will be born in London.

She apparently met them at The Promise event and they confirmed it. She comments that they'll have quite a dash to get to the labour wards!

Won't post whole article - much of it is about Meghan Markle.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:55

Ah, this?  

George Clooney may be Hollywood royalty but he and his wife Amal want their twins – due to be born in June – to be true Brits.

I met the A-list couple at a Soho Hotel screening of The Promise, a new film about the Ottoman Empire starring Christian Bale, where I learned that they are planning a London birth. They’ll have quite a dash to the labour room – their Berkshire home is 35 miles from the capital.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Apr 2017, 14:01

I guess I'm showing my ignorance, but I assumed (when will I ever learn? Smile) that anyone born in a country was automatically a citizen of that country. I guess because it's true of the US I thought it was true everywhere else. Live and learn.

Didn't I see somewhere that they had also made arrangements at a hospital in NY in case she went into labor while they were here? I guess, even if they did, they won't need them if they''re "hunkered down" in Sonning for the duration of her pregnancy.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Sun 16 Apr 2017, 14:32

I thought the same thing Lizzy.  I was curious and just being born in the U.k does not qualify one for citizenship.  I know Amal is British, but I answered no to some of these to see what the answer was.  

[size=48]Check if you're a British citizen

[/size]
Start again

[list="list-style: inherit; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: relative; z-index: 1;"]
[*]

1When were you born?

On or after 1 January 1983
Change this answer
[*]

2Were you born in the UK or a qualifying territory?

Yes
Change this answer
[*]

3When you were born, was one of your parents a British citizen or legally settled in the UK?

No
Change this answer
[*]

4Has one or both of your parents become a British citizen or legally settled in the UK since you were born?

No
Change this answer
[*]

5Were you adopted by a British citizen in a UK court?

No
Change this answer
[/list]

You're not a British citizen

Check if you’re able to register as a British citizen or become a British citizen through naturalisation.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Apr 2017, 14:51

Tulips - Thanks for finding this. It seems to say that if one of your parents is a British citizen at the time of your birth then you're a British citizen, too.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 16 Apr 2017, 20:18

Yep that seems logical. And I would think George and Amal would want their children to have dual citizenships.

I think in the "definitive baby" thread there was reporting that George and Amal made alternative arrangements for a possible birth in NYC. But I really don't see them in a situation where they would be be stateside so close to the babies due date. And they don't have a move-in residence at this time. They both are probably rightly "hunkering down" for the duration.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 23 Apr 2017, 14:26

LizzyNY wrote:I guess I'm showing my ignorance, but I assumed (when will I ever learn? Smile) that anyone born in a country was automatically a citizen of that country. I guess because it's true of the US I thought it was true everywhere else. Live and learn.

Didn't I see somewhere that they had also made arrangements at a hospital in NY in case she went into labor while they were here? I guess, even if they did, they won't need them if they''re "hunkered down" in Sonning for the duration of her pregnancy.
Lizzy,

there are two major principles about citizenship / nationality, and countries usually privilege one of them and use the other one alterning:
One is called 'ius sanguinis', meaning that a child will receive its parents nationality automatically (which is the case in Britain and Germany e.g.)
The other one is called 'ius soli', meaning that a child will receive the nationality of the country it's born in (which is the case in the States e.g.).
Some countries also have alterning principles. I talked about it in the baby thread, their twins can't become Lebanese because this requires a Lebanese father, not 'just' a Lebanese mother or grand-parents.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 24 Apr 2017, 13:58

Katiedot wrote:So.  Does anyone here really believe George is going to settle in the UK for the next two to three years?
Yes Yes and Yes.  
1. He wasn't going to remarry... enter Amal
2.  He's been known to acknowledge he dislikes cold weather... enter Amal and a home in England
3. Hadn't plan on children... enter Amal
4.  I doubt if we'll see Mr Clooney stateside for any length of time ( unless it's work related) until the twins are in college.

In my less than humble opinion- she's running the show, and has been since who knows when.  Sad

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 24 Apr 2017, 17:38

Just my thought - I think George and Amal will travel back and forth between the U.K. and the US as needed depending on his work, her commitment to Columbia University (if she is going to continue her visiting teaching assignment) and visiting family and friends. But I'm assuming they will have their U.K. house as their home base.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 24 Apr 2017, 18:49

George has said they will continue to go where their work takes them , until the kids are school aged and then they will decide where to settle.

Babies are portable they simply go wherever George and Amal are.

I think they have worked out a plan that works for their lives together the babies will simply become a part of that.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 24 Apr 2017, 19:35

I don't think babies are all that portable. Not on an extended basis. They thrive on routine and stability. And you can't teach them to cope with jet lag; they'll just disrupt your schedule and make your life miserable for dragging them through security lines across three time zones when they're supposed to be napping.

My guess is we'll see George in and out of the States, on his own, until summer next year, while Amal will be scarcely seen except a few sightings around London when her figure is back. And I don't expect to see any pictures of the babies for months, if then.

I think they're in for a rude awakening...

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 24 Apr 2017, 19:52

I think it would be difficult to travel with  two  in tow . Double your fun .     Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 24 Apr 2017, 20:13

Very Happy I don't think fun is the way I'd describe it. More like a game of "Survivor" or "The Amazing Race".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 24 Apr 2017, 20:39

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I don't think babies are all that portable. Not on an extended basis. They thrive on routine and stability. And you can't teach them to cope with jet lag; they'll just disrupt your schedule and make your life miserable for dragging them through security lines across three time zones when they're supposed to be napping.

My guess is we'll see George in and out of the States, on his own, until summer next year, while Amal will be scarcely seen except a few sightings around London when her figure is back. And I don't expect to see any pictures of the babies for months, if then.

I have 3 words for this comment, Way 2....................People Magazine exclusive!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 24 Apr 2017, 21:27

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I don't think babies are all that portable. Not on an extended basis. They thrive on routine and stability. And you can't teach them to cope with jet lag; they'll just disrupt your schedule and make your life miserable for dragging them through security lines across three time zones when they're supposed to be napping.

Probably why those that do it and claim it is so "easy" have  a lot of help.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 24 Apr 2017, 21:36

I don't think it will be that hard they fly private no hassle getting in and out of the airport. 

I think when they are toddlers it will be harder but as infants I think they will be fine traveling.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 25 Apr 2017, 13:42

nannies 24/7 365.  please don't tell me you all expect her to change a loaded diaper, let alone 2.

It happens

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 25 Apr 2017, 16:57

I often think of how many times Brad And Angie travelled with their kids, including their twins.  Ain't easy but it's definitely doable.  And kids are all different.  Some are great travelers and others not so much.  George and Amal will figure it out.  Parenthood, especially those new to it all, is about trial and error ....

Last edited by Donnamarie on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 16:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 25 Apr 2017, 21:30

Well, yeah, nannies are a given. The twins will have a mother who by admission doesn't cook, by appearances doesn't drive, and by account doesn't bother to clear her own dishes.

But my point is that, even with help, they are going to get a wake-up call about the work and travel part of their lives. Some things you just can't plan, or plan for. And I think George and Amal are two people who are used to control in their lives. The twins are about to snatch it away in their cute little hands.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 25 Apr 2017, 23:15

Well, they want for nothing really. They both have offices at the London house and presumably staff in different areas of it and a private airport up the road.  In theory they could stay there, apart from the odd skirmish work-wise or for dins.

But they're both hardworking committed individuals, who undoubtedly have many commitments and I'm betting they already have a plan........which may or may not have to be changed at the last minute! 

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they do bring the little ones up in London. There's certainly not the level of media scrutiny that Hollywood has and I can't imagine George being happy with an Affleck/Garner situation for his children.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 26 Apr 2017, 00:19

PAN - Affleck/Garner situation? Not sure I understand. From what's been in the media Ben & Jen seem to be bending over backward to make sure their kids are ok through their divorce. Are you talking about the media coverage (which seems to have stayed away from their kids) or are you suggesting a divorce for G&A if they made LA their home base?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 26 Apr 2017, 00:37

I think she's referring to the fact that their children, unfortunately, are photographed everywhere.
And this despite Ben and Jen's fighting against paps. Ben said that he likes that London magazines covers children face, when they published picture with them.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 26 Apr 2017, 00:45

I must be looking in the wrong places. I don't recall seeing Ben & Jen's children in the press very much - until they went public with their marital problems. Even now, they don't seem to be seen in the media very often.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 26 Apr 2017, 01:11

They seem to be in the Mailonline almost daily to me either with or not with their children and it's definitely got worse since the 'separation' stuff, but it's always been there and I remember Jennifer going to court about it, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference at all.

Whether some of it has been 'encouraged' when films are opening I don't know.

On the other hand people like Emily Blunt and John Kravinski don't seem to attract so much.........

My gut feeling would be that George and Amal wouldn't be happy with that level of attention for their children

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 26 Apr 2017, 01:33

party animal - not! wrote:They seem to be in the Mailonline almost daily to me either with or not with their children and it's definitely got worse since the 'separation' stuff, but it's always been there and I remember Jennifer going to court about it, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference at all.

DailyMail and X17 has new pictures and videos of them everyday.

Emily and John are "boring" for paps, like Matt. Ben and Jen, as well as Brad and Angie, are irresistible to paps, and I'm afraid that for George and Amal will be the same.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 26 Apr 2017, 06:32

I remember that some years ago there were rumors about Ben and Jen separating / filing for divorce, and a pap went to one of their kids' school and asked her what she thought about her parents' divorce. Since their eldest daughter is 11 now (as I read a while ago), she must have been really small then.
And that's just the worst tabloid manner you can imagine IMO...

The best thing George and Amal can do for their kids is to keep them off the spotlight as long and as often as possible.

Last edited by carolhathaway on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 06:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 26 Apr 2017, 13:28

George knows from personal experience what it is like to be the child of a celebrity. Even though he was raised in a relatively out-of-the-way place like Kentucky, he grew up in the spotlight (albeit a local spotlight) because his father was locally famous and included George and Ada in his public life.

The exposure to his father's professional life prepared George for his own career, but it didn't always make for an easy childhood. IMO, the only way for G&A to secure anything like a "normal" childhood for their children would be to lower their own public profiles - or send the kids away to school and rarely be seen with them in public.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 26 Apr 2017, 14:04

Mm,  well I don't think they'll do the latter. 

They both had pretty normal upbringings in terms of going to the local schools - and Amal's high school is about 40 minutes away and is a non-fee paying girls' grammar school run by Buckinghamshire County Council. In fact, despite fleeing from Lebanon's war at three, she probably had a more settled education than George.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 28 Apr 2017, 06:54

I would like to add my two cents to this discussion:
Of course George and Amal can (and will) have people who change their babies' diapers and get up at night when they are crying/sick.
But there are things and abilities which they will have to do for them:
I read a lot of comments like "Their kids will be awesome, just look at their parents!" So there's a lot of expectation on the public site, and these two will just be children - who might fight sometimes, will struggle and make mistakes. Which is absolutely allright and normal, but since they are the Clooneys, there will be a lot of coverage. And their parents have to prepare them for this.
Will they send them to the local school in Sonning (if they decide to settle there) to afford them a mostly normal childhood and life? Allow them to have playdates with other kids from the village? With kids their children choose and not adults? My best friend is a teacher at a grammar school, and she often talks about what her kids tell her. "Mum and dad were fighting last night because dad was drinking too much". A good story to be sold, when you're teaching celebrities' kids...

They will also have to prepare them for being critisized and mobbed. If you just think about what's written about George and Amal, would you like your kids to read that about you on the internet? They have to prepare them for getting disappointed, having friends who turn out to be friends just because of their parents, who sell stories to the medias.

And that's something which will be George and Amal's job.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 28 Apr 2017, 09:54

In that part of country many celebs.Clooney twins not so much as even close to royalty so George getting older not so famous people forget.schools are good they not impressed by Lawyer and older actor.only if they to push kids like Randi and Kim k will people take any care or notice of them. Day to day school kids don't cate.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:53

It doesn't matter who changes the diaper or gets up at night. George and Amal are going to raise them and teach them
as Carol said they have some very different challenges than say joe smo, celebrity is a part of their lives. I also see George and Amal wanting their kids to have as normal lives as possible .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 28 Apr 2017, 12:32

I think their biggest challenge will be keeping the twins lives normal while they are very young. I think their greatest chances for media exposure will be before the twins are school-age, as George has said they will take them along when they travel. Once they are in school the opportunity for media coverage will lessen - no matter where they live.

I think Alisonfan is right. To many people these kids will just be the children of an aging movie star and some lawyer they've heard of somewhere. They may be curious to see what the kids look like, but by the time the twins are old enough to really interest "the masses" George will either be known mostly as a director (and nobody follows those guys around) or he'll be retired and living out of the spotlight altogether.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 30 Apr 2017, 16:40

I went to an all girls Catholic School in Berkshire, and an all girls non-denominational school in the Warwickshire.....

And let me tell you kids don't give a flying monkeys fart who you are....At Ascot we had "several" princesses....all nice kids....I remember only ONCE having to travel to a nearby town to buy Paris Match, because a friends parents had a huge ball with her "teenage crush" invited....she was not taken out of school, and even though her Mum and Dad were regularly in those types of mags, that was the first and last time it was purchased.....

We had a load of T.V personality's daughters....Sporting hero parents, you name it....my youngest sister has a v.famous godfather my Dad bonded with over a love for port....and education....

They really are going to have a very normal life while at school.....it's when they are not in school things can go wrong.....

Look at the Beckhams...they have to be home schooling....No British school would allow that flying hither and dither during term time...

Best thing imo is a couple of very early baby pics in People....and introduction with names to loyal fans....and Goodbye and Good luck for 21 years....

Going down the Beckham route would be not such a nice "change" in m.o.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:17

WWHS - Thinking about what you said, I tend to agree that life at school would be relatively normal - no matter where the school was - because any school they chose would have to guarantee their privacy, and yes, kids don't give a damn who your parents are.

When they're relatively young I don't think it matters where they live as long as G&A don't take them to venues that attract the media. I think the real problems begin when the kids are old enough to venture out on their own.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down