George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Chuck Barris died at 87 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Chuck Barris died at 87 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Chuck Barris died at 87 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Chuck Barris died at 87 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Chuck Barris died at 87 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Chuck Barris died at 87 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Chuck Barris died at 87 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Chuck Barris died at 87 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Chuck Barris died at 87 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Chuck Barris died at 87

3 posters

Go down

Chuck Barris died at 87 Empty Chuck Barris died at 87

Post by carolhathaway Wed 22 Mar 2017, 06:48

• TV&Showbiz

Gong Show host Chuck Barris who created TV hits The Newlywed Game and The Dating Game dies at 87

By Dailymail.com Reporter06:26 22 Mar 2017, updated 06:26 22 Mar 2017
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Gong show host Chuck Barris dies at 87 http%3A%2F%2Fdailym.ai%2F2o394Ve via %40dailymailceleb&related=DailyMailCeleb][/url]

• [url=sms:?body=Gong show host Chuck Barris dies at 87 http%3A%2F%2Fdailym.ai%2F2o394Ve][/url]

• [url=whatsapp://send?text=Gong show host Chuck Barris dies at 87 http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4337648%2FGong-host-Chuck-Barris-dies-87.html%3Fito%3Dwhatsapp_share_mobile-top][/url]

Chuck Barris, the wacky host of The Gong Show, died Tuesday.
His publicist confirmed he passed away from natural causes at his home in Palisades, New York, at the age of 87.
Barris was the creator of The Gong Show and two other popular TV game shows, The Newlywed Game and The Dating Game.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]R.I.P.: Chuck Barris, the creator and host of The Gong Show, died Tuesday from natural causes at his home in Palisades, New York. He was 87
Barris claimed in his autobiography that his game show antics had been a cover for his work as a CIA operative, working as an assassin during the 1960s and '70s.
ADVERTISEMENT

The CIA denied his story.

RELATED ARTICLES

• Jerseylicious reality star Mike Aktari mysteriously dead at home age 28... as devastated ex-girlfriend Olivia Blois pays tribute

• 'Your music is engraved inside us forever': Mick Jagger leads celebrity tributes following Chuck Berry's death

However, the book Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind was turned into a movie starring Sam Rockwell and directed by George Clooney, released in 2002.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Confessions: Barris, pictured in LA in 2007, claimed in his autobiography he had been employed as an assassin by the CIA during the 1960s and '70s. The CIA denied the claimHis Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind was turned into a Hollywood movie directed by George Clooney and starring Sam Rockwell. Barris and Rockwell are pictured at the  2002 premiere
In addition to creating game shows, Barris also wrote songs, his most famous being Palisades Park in 1962.
Born in Philadelphia in 1929, he joined NBC in New York as a page and then moved to ABC to become a backstage staffer at American Bandstand.
He moved with the media company to Los Angeles where he was tasked with overseeing daytime game shows.
He created The Dating Game that debuted in the 1965-66 season followed by The Newlywed Game in the summer of 1966.
He formed the public company Chuck Barris Productions in 1968 and, according to The Hollywood Reporter, sold his shares in the firm to producer Burt Sugarman in a 1986 deal that valued the company at the time at about $86 million.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Reinvented television: He was famous for his goofy antics on the talent competition that liked to feature awful but entertaining amateur performs
His Gong Show aired on NBC and in syndication from 1976 and 1980 and offered amateurs the opportunity to show off their talents to a three-judge panel.
He orchestrated laughs by mixing good performers in with terrible ones.
He explained: 'I came back (from scouting contestants) and said, 'Let's change the show, have all bad acts and one or two good ones, and people can make a judgment,'' he said in a 2010 interview with The Archive of American Television. 
After the first season, he was asked to front the show himself and became famous for his attire of tuxedo and floppy hat and his goofy antics.
Barris' life was touched by personal tragedy when his daughter died in 1998 at age 36 from a drugs and alcohol overdose.
ADVERTISEMENT

He is survived by his wife of 16 years, Mary Clagett. 
Barris started out as a page at NBC and then a staffer at American Bandstand before moving to Los Angeles where he created shows The Dating Game and The Newlywed Game for ABC

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Gong show host Chuck Barris dies at 87 http%3A%2F%2Fdailym.ai%2F2o394Ve via %40dailymailceleb&related=DailyMailCeleb][/url]

• [url=sms:?body=Gong show host Chuck Barris dies at 87 http%3A%2F%2Fdailym.ai%2F2o394Ve][/url]

• [url=whatsapp://send?text=Gong show host Chuck Barris dies at 87 http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-4337648%2FGong-host-Chuck-Barris-dies-87.html%3Fito%3Dwhatsapp_share_mobile-bottom][/url]

MOST READ NEWS

KATIE HOPKINS: Good riddance, McGuinness. The reason you never said sorry for the dead was because...

Former market trader, 49, claims he has PROVED he’s the father of a boy who will inherit £1 billion...

The last witness: Bodyguard who found Hitler and Eva Braun's dead bodies and once walked in on...

Brave woman abused by the Rotherham sex gang ringleader as a teenager reveals how she was groomed by...

My daughter could have been the next Maddie McCann: Mother staying at five-star Cyprus hotel woke to...

Now Britain BANS laptops on flights arriving from six countries including Turkey amid mounting fears...

'I hope he'll be parked in an unpleasant corner of hell': Norman Tebbit, whose wife was paralysed by...

Car fan, 20, and his girlfriend, 23, died from carbon monoxide poisoning after he 'souped-up' his...

Murdered backpacker Danielle McLaughlin 'was attacked in hotel room by four men' BEFORE her body was...

'Tell that to the people of Enniskillen': Fury as Corbyn pays warm tribute to IRA killer Martin...

Mother, 46, snaps ‘arrogant’ drivers who block in her Down's Syndrome son’s mobility car making him...

Fury as 'despicable' BBC is accused of 'fawning' over IRA terror chief Martin McGuinness as if he...

Golfer Colin Montgomerie sues his ex wife for £5million over 'unfair' post-nuptial agreement 'that...

What are you smiling about? Married biology teacher, 27, faces up to 20-years behind bars after she...

'Reclusive' twins, 59, who were struggling to cope with the death of their mother died after...

'The Butcher of Bogside': How McGuinness dodged arrest by dressing as a woman and had a machine gun...

DON'T MISS

• PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Mel B emerges after filing for divorce from Stephen Belafonte after 'toxic' marri...
  • 'This is so weird!': Rihanna reveals she could not bear watching her Bates Motel sex scene... so she...
  • Cheeky Fox! Megan highlights her derriere in latex bodysuit and spike heels for racy Frederick's Of ...
  • Kerry Katona looks fitter than EVER as she reveals a set of very-kissable washboard abs - and muscle...
  • Smitten Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan put on a loved-up display at a wedding in Oman... after emba...
  • You NEED these incredible hot cross bun recipes in your life
  • 'It was unhealthy': TOWIE's Pete Wicks blasts toxic relationship with Megan McKenna... after they're...
  • 'She's sick of being criticised': Coleen Nolan taking time away from Loose Women to 'get her head to...
  • 'I know I am blessed!': Khloe Kardashian shows off size 8 body in tight dress after revealing shop g...
  • 'It's my pet peeve': Meghan Markle reveals how studios airbrush her freckles and 'whitewash' her ski...
  • Suits you! Scarlett Moffatt sports androgynous chic in red two-piece as she leads the stars at&...
  • Caliente! Emily Ratajkowski puts her perky derriere on display in plunging one piece during Mexico...
  • Stephanie Davis 'extends olive branch to ex Jeremy McConnell by liking picture of him with baby son'...
  • I've got the edge on Delia because I had children to give me feedback, jibes Mary the stirrer (and h...
  • Busty bagels! Curvy model Ashley Graham goes topless as she dances around with bread rolls as a bra ...
  • Rebekah Vardy appears to have beefed up her security for shopping trip with baby son Finley... after...
  • 'Back to the grind': Little Mix's Perrie Edwards flaunts her flat stomach in crop top and tiny hotpa...
  • EXCLUSIVE: 'I'm back, b*****s': Lindsay Lohan set to make explosive return to TV... as trailer for n...
  • Ex-EastEnders star Michelle Collins slams 'silver spoon' British actors and lack of opportunity give...
  • Natural beauty Sienna Miller looks effortlessly stylish as she sports clashing prints to sass up her...
  • SPOILER ALERT: TOWIE's Chloe Lloyd sobs as she drops SHOCK bombshell about Dan Edgar... as his roman...
  • Kesha loses latest round in contract legal battle with Dr. Luke... as NY judge tosses out motion cla...
  • 'I can't sleep without four guards outside': Kim Kardashian boosts security as Kendall relives her '...
  • Living in a bubble (jacket)! Jake Gyllenhaal dons puffy coat in NYC... after saying he would 'love n...
  • Billie Faiers cuddles up to newborn Arthur as she's pictured for the first time with her adorable ba...
  • Rock that body! Curvy catwalk queen Ashley Graham poses in sea in revealing black bikini for swimsui...
  • Vogue Williams finally ditches her crutches for glam night out... as she appears to hit back at ex-h...
  • 'That's how I lived': Jennifer Lopez ate 'one piece of pizza every day' while struggling to make it ...
  • 'It would not be in that dress!' Brandi and Tish Cyrus shoot down rumors Miley tied the knot...after...
  • 'I love you all from the depths of my heart': Melissa George breaks her silence after star is slamme...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Chuck Barris died at 87 Empty Re: Chuck Barris died at 87

Post by carolhathaway Wed 22 Mar 2017, 06:50

Sorry, I finally managed to copy the whole article but have no idea why this first picture comes out so strange.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 22 Mar 2017, 12:44

lol! Yea that picture is a bit disturbing in a funny kind of way Carol. Hey at least you were able to copy the article.

Barris led a pretty colorful life. I never watched his game show and would have never paid much attention to him had I not seen 'Confessions ...'.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 22 Mar 2017, 12:57

Was a great fan of his.  Totally heartbroken

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content