George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
David Petraeus Story EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
David Petraeus Story EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
David Petraeus Story EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
David Petraeus Story EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
David Petraeus Story EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
David Petraeus Story EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
David Petraeus Story EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
David Petraeus Story EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
David Petraeus Story EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

David Petraeus Story

3 posters

Go down

David Petraeus Story Empty David Petraeus Story

Post by PigPen Mon 23 Jan 2017, 14:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=32]Aaron Sorkin and George Clooney vying for rights to the story of retired CIA Director David Petraeus' downfall from Jill Kelley's memoir[/size]

• George Clooney and Aaron Sorkin are both fighting over the rights to the book detailing David Petraeus' downfall 
  • Petraeus resigned from his position as director of the CIA in 2012 just as details began to emerge about his affair with biographer Paula Broadwell
  • Jill Kelley, who was close to Petraeus, shared her emails with Petraeus from that time in 'Collateral Damage: Petraeus, Power, Politics and the Abuse of Privacy'
  • 'There is a lot of interest in the television series about my memoir, but I can’t discuss anything, as we don’t have the greenlight yet,' said Kelley
  • Kelley was at the inauguration last week, and posted a photo of herself with billionaire Republican donor Sheldon Adelson
  • Petraeus had been under consideration for the position of Secretary of State, but Trump went with ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson in the end 

The story of former CIA director David Petraeus' downfall is set to be adapted for television, and a bidding war has broken out over the rights to the tale.
George Clooney and Aaron Sorkin are both hoping to close the deal on Jill Kelley's book 'Collateral Damage: Petraeus, Power, Politics and the Abuse of Privacy' reports Page Six, which details Kelley's affair his biographer, Paula Broadwell.
The revelation that Petraeus was having an affair led to his resignation from the CIA, and Kelley's book includes details of the many texts and emails she and her husband Scott exchanged with Petraeus and his wife Holly around that time. 
'There are many explosive details about the Petraeus scandal that were never made public, but can be made public in the TV dramatization,' revealed one source.
Kelley meanwhile would not comment other than to say: 'There is a lot of interest in the television series about my memoir, but I can’t discuss anything, as we don’t have the greenlight yet. I will be in LA meeting with my producers in February.'
Petraeus confided in an email that he had committed 'something terrible and dishonorable' by having an affair with his married biographer Paula Broadwell and explained that by resigning from the CIA he could not be blackmailed, Kelly wrote in her self-published book. 
The book also includes correspondence between Kelley and Marine Gen. John R. Allen, then-commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan and other senior U.S. government officials.
The sexually charged emails about Kelley that FBI investigators traced to Broadwell are also in the book.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

David Petraeus Story Empty Re: David Petraeus Story

Post by Donnamarie Mon 23 Jan 2017, 20:53

Nice find PigPen!  Sounds like a good piece of storytelling.  George seems to have a number of possible projects on his shelf right now ... if you look at his IMBD page.  Would really like him to get going on Hack Attack.
I know that he was developing the screenplay (can't remember who was working on it) but haven't heard anything in about 2 years.

Wasn't he in a bidding war last year for the rights to some story.  I can't remember what it was but he lost out.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 24 Jan 2017, 02:21

I think Hack Attack couldn't get greenlight that's why George switched to Suburbicon.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down