George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal out for a walk

+13
lelacorb
it's me
Way2Old4Dis
What Would He Say
party animal - not!
Katiedot
melbert
LizzyNY
carolhathaway
Donnamarie
PigPen
Fingersandtoes
annemarie
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal out for a walk

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jan 2017, 13:56

carolhathaway wrote:But since that's the first time we've seen pics of them going for a walk in the Sonning  countryside in winter, maybe she has worn this outfit and these boots dozens of times before and some member of their stuff simply polishes the boots every time.
Yes, absolutely fair points. To me her outfit looks box fresh and far too artfully contrived to be something she's worn often over the years, but that's just my opinion and I can easily be wrong. And at the end of the day, it's not an important thing. It's not for me to judge her and it annoys me that I do.

carolhathaway wrote:We've had this discussion before concerning that Amal's not re-wearing her clothes or not working anymore. We usually see her every second week for a moment. So how do we know how much or less she works? Or if she wears her clothes once or multiple times?
Oh, I have no doubt that she often wears the same clothes: we've seen plenty of photos proving that.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George and Amal out for a walk - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal out for a walk

Post by PigPen Sat 14 Jan 2017, 14:35

party animal - not! wrote:She's kind of wearing exactly what I had on today, 'cept those great boots would be up to my thighs. It's flaming cold here at the mo, hence His Nibs has multiple layers including the top he wore at Monuments Men things......and I'm guessing his Burberry coat is newish. The Mail are quoting jeans that are hi rise. Would that work if pregnant?

Now I think I remember someone saying on here that George caused her ovaries to hurt...........
PAN I've never visited across the pond, but I know what cold feels like.  He's all bundled up - she's open coated.  Too young for a hot flash... Irish sweaters are warm- but that warm... showing off the belly???

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 14 Jan 2017, 14:38

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Of course a coat, hat, sweater, and boots are standard gear for Sonning. Same goes for winter in Waukeegan, Illinois. Sheesh.

Here's my point:  (.)
And here some of you are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(u) way the fuck over here.

So, just so I'm clear. The dance for 2017 is the same...? I make a funny-'cause-it's-true observation about Amal, and the literalists take me to task in her and George's defense?

Boring and tedious, but, okay.
Well expressed.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 14 Jan 2017, 15:47

Different people handle cold differently none of us are the same some get colder than others , my daughter wears short coats no hat  and rarely gloves in New York in the winter she just doesn't get as cold as  I do . I'm covered like an Eskimo.

No one knows  how cold she gets so I think it is fair to say she wore what she felt warm in. 
George hates the cold he said that's why he moved to Los Angeles , him bundled up is no surprise.

Amal's brother was in shorts so he must not have been as cold as George. He is the odd one in these pictures not Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 14 Jan 2017, 16:25

Do you remember them in New York in spring 2015? Amal was never as bundled up as George, and I remember that Lizzy said it was freezing cold in NYC at that time.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 14 Jan 2017, 17:09

I agree . The clothes look normal to me .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Jan 2017, 18:48

There's room here for everybody's opinion. But I do not appreciate and won't tolerate being passive-aggressively admonished for mine whenever I say anything that is considered less than flattering about the Clooneys.

(Speaking of passive-aggressive, note the comments regarding the workout gear, following my [tongue-in-cheek] post about what I would wear on a walk.)

My opinions carry no more weight than anyone else's. But that's a two-way street. I don't buy the Amal-as-ideal-goddess narrative, I never will, and I'll continue to say what I think about, or make fun of, whatever strikes me at any particular moment. Other posters having a different view of things isn't a problem for me. My problem is when members refuse to acknowledge the tone or intent of a post, or worse, dismiss and disrespect any opinion that doesn't meet the level of idolatry that's apparently now required to be a member here.

Couples go out for walks all the time. A walk in the English countryside is nice, but it does not make the Clooneys special. What is notable, IN MY OPINION, is that Amal chose to do so in a carefully chosen and brand-spanking-new (and no, I don't know this for sure, but then nobody KNOWS that it's not) ensemble that looks like it was put together by a lifestyle editor and for which the cost could probably pay ten years of upkeep for an entire village of fifty-seven-cents-a-day orphans.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Jan 2017, 18:55

Way2Old = AMEN! We seem to have gotten a serious case of the PC blues here on COH and I, for one, miss the fun we used to have. It's as if the "Serious Stuff" thread has bled into everything else and we can't even joke anymore. I guess it's not surprising that so many of our former posters have dropped out of the forum. Sad
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Jan 2017, 19:18

Oh, come on, Lizzy, let's at least admit that Amal is a better person than us because she dresses so much better at every turn in life. She's a walking billboard for a higher class of clothing than Nike, for whom I currently shill.

{We need an emoji that indicates that something is a JOKE and does not require a defensively pedantic reply. Mods?}

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Jan 2017, 19:35

Way2Old - Damn, girl, if you aren't just the middle-class Amal! If Nike isn't sending you freebies for pushing their stuff, you should at least get something for it - if not money, maybe some coupons or something? I'm sure Amal gets to keep the stuff she wears for free.

I suppose, as George's wife and now a celebrity in her own right, Amal has to dress to impress. Since she's high profile  designers use her as a walking ad. Why pay a model when you can get free publicity"? And why wear your own ratty clothes when you can wear top-of-the-line freebies every day? Whatever. Wouldn't be my choice but, happily, I'm not her.

(Just a side note. Wednesday it was 65 degrees here. Today it's snowing. Did somebody say climate change?)
PS - You don't need an emoji for people to know something is a joke. They need a sense of humor!
       We could use a birthday cake, though.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 14 Jan 2017, 20:00

I have a great sense of humor when the joke is funny. We don't all have the same sense of humor. 

Maybe, adding lol would help everyone get the joke.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 14 Jan 2017, 20:42

I can take a joke.  I appreciate funny stories too.  What I don't take to are the consistent derogatory comments made about Amal.  It's not a question of political correctness.   

There is a false narrative about Amal that is driven by some posters.  It's never ending.  To me that is boring, hyperbolic and tedious.  

it is obvious that there are posters here who admire (no, not idolize) and respect Amal and there are others who are ambivalent or outright don't like her.  I'm nor trying to change anyone's mind but I do take issue when people make up their own facts to support their comments.  That is a HUGE issue for me.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Jan 2017, 22:44

Lizzy, I'm enrolled in the rewards program at Finish Line. Bet Amal can't say that. Does that count?

At some point, when there is absolutely not one other thing to talk about, it might be interesting to review the times when I or anyone made up facts. Saying someone made up facts is tantamount to outright calling them a liar, so that could be a touchy conversation.

Anyway, back to topic.

George and Amal Clooney went for a walk near their English estate, for which George covered up his usual tired but comfortable outfit with a scarf and maybe-new coat, Amal broke out the nouveau-riche, bougie, married-well uniform.

LOL.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Jan 2017, 23:52

This is getting tedious. Every few months we go through this nonsense and to be honest, when we do,coming to COH is like reading about the damned election!

For pity's sake, put your big girl pants on and accept that we are all different. We have different opinions, different senses of humor, different everything - except that we are all George's fans. If you can't accept our differences here - where what we think honestly doesn't matter a damn - how can you deal with people in the real world who differ from you in really important ways?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 15 Jan 2017, 00:59

They started it.

LOL.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 15 Jan 2017, 01:14

Here's something for a laugh:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Jan 2017, 01:32

So she was dressed correctly for the country. lol

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Sun 15 Jan 2017, 09:32

Yes in the most expensive jumper you can find Loool ,that. IS soo funny

starlove
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 15 Jan 2017, 15:39

party animal - not! wrote:Here's something for a laugh:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seriously, those are great looking boots.  A little less expensive and I'd buy them.  Very Happy
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Jan 2017, 15:58

If I had the money I'd buy them they should last years as long as you take care of them, keep them clean and polished.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 15 Jan 2017, 19:50

You know I could take her apart from head to foot....but I won't....suffice to say wrong ALL wrong.....

I'm feeling kinda sad for Amal....very sad....I don't think life is a bed of roses for her.....George himself said she has a "quirky" sense of style.....

She has a quirky taste pallet....the interior design thread kind of copper fastened that fact....that designer is great for the fishing lodge or a bland 2 bed on Canery wharf....a box you want to inject personality into and buck the bland....but for Sonning NO NO its all wrong....just like the Aran with grey denim aaaghhhh....wrong! pure and simple..... It's got to be blue....

That is why I'm cutting some slack for Amal.....she has a quirky taste pallet....probably why she doesn't cook....she knows she has, but like being colour blind there is nothing she can do about it....it's just sad, all that money and a quirky pallet... Sad

Problem is....if it translates to George, subliminally?.....Would that affect George's editing and directing or project choices.....

If the goatee and the hat are anything to go by....It's too late....

Remember quirky is the "few" NOT the "many" the main stream.....thats not good when you are talking about bums on theatre seats....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Mon 16 Jan 2017, 00:22

What a great words WWHS ,just i think that the goatee and the hat are George's only he did wear them way before Amal ,around Canalis time if anything like you say it is1000$ Burberry's coat which not strange to his style.

If Amal can have a say on Clooney outfits he wouldN't wear all the casamigos Tshirts all the time !
And the goatee is George's for some reason ,I think Amal like the clean look when they were together after MM ,Gravity he did shave his beard ,mustache.

starlove
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 10:49

Amal has her own taste nothing wrong with that. We all wear and decorate our homes the way we like , I don't think anyone should be trying to judge or say what is right for another. If it makes her and George happy .

George has said of the house he didn't care what color was used it wasn't important to him. I think honestly Georges would probably be more concerned with the gym. theater and office. And of course his nespresso in the kitchen. Also the architecture not destroying it .

His home in Los Angeles was decorated by Rande all we know is before Rande it looked like a frat house. The home In Mexico was also done by Rande with a little input from George.

I think as far as his work George does what he wants he and Grant who is his partner make the decisions good or bad
they do it together. George said in interviews he is in the position to make the movies he wants and that is what he does he was doing that before he met Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 16 Jan 2017, 15:18

I don't think he cares much about the decor of his homes because he spends so little time in them (though if he really didn't like something he'd change it in a second.). They're more like reserved hotel rooms where he can store some of his personal stuff so he doesn't have to drag it ll around with him. The Sonning house may be different, since he has said he can see himself retiring there. If so, he might want more input there.

As far as his work is concerned, I think Amal is more of a subconscious effect. He's obviously impressed by her work and may be trying to match his image to hers to be taken more seriously. I personally think it isn't necessary, but I think that's where his head may be at.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2017, 16:37

Impressed

In which way?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 16:42

He is proud of Amal and impressed by the work she does, he feels her work has consequences. He has said this several times. Nothing wrong with it , I think he knows what he does is important but may feel it is not as important in the grand scheme of life as what she does.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 16 Jan 2017, 16:47

it's me - Impressed in the sense that he thinks what she does is important and what he does is not. IMO he's mistaken - she's not as important as he thinks she is and his work has more weight in the world than he realises. I still maintain that his humanitarian work alone has affected more people than her work has and his film work has the potential to influence millions of people.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 16:52

I think frankly both their work is important , and they should both be proud of what they do .

It's not a competition and I think George knows that, he feels the way he feels for his own personal reasons.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2017, 16:53

Weight 

Maybe it's that 
The difference

But water (even if we know) 
Or anti mosquitos nets
are big weight too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 17:01

It's me that may be it the weight of what they do more than anything.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:13

The impact

Yes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 Jan 2017, 15:27

Well this conversation ran down the rabbit hole, didn't it?

I think Amal has always had a quirky sense of style and she has worn designer clothes before she met George. Does she now have access to a far better wardrobe since marrying him? Undoubtedly. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that: it would be odd if she didn't get offered clothes.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with updating your look, the way she has since marrying George: for me, a person who doesn't change their styling over the years to reflect changing fashions and yes, changing body shapes and moods, is really weird.

I just didn't happen to like what she was wearing on this walk. And that opinion of mine amounts to precisely diddly squat in the world.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 17 Jan 2017, 19:04

Me to. Not liking walk dress.diddly squat me too.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Jan 2017, 19:21

lol!   Diddly squat all of us! LOL!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Jan 2017, 19:26

Thanks for some new vocabulary! 
'Diddly squat'! 
I've never heard that before cyclops
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Jan 2017, 19:48

Carolhathaway - It means "nothing" - as in our opinions don't count.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 17 Jan 2017, 20:15

carolhathaway wrote:
Katiedot wrote:About Amal's get up: yes, it's perfectly appropriate to the weather and the walk.  The reason it annoys me is a British snob thing: her clothes look brand new.  It's new money who dress like this.  Old money wear the exact same clothes but they're years old and worn in.  And yes, I dislike myself for thinking like this because it shouldn't matter.  

Katie,
if we just believed the rumours that Amal is pregnant, couldn't she just wear new clothes becauae she can't wear her usual size at the moment? Because these clothes simply don't fit her anymore?
Well, except for the boots of course.

But since that's the first time we've seen pics of them going for a walk in the Sonning  countryside in winter, maybe she has worn this outfit and these boots dozens of times before and some member of their stuff simply polishes the boots every time.

We've had this discussion before concerning that Amal's not re-wearing her clothes or not working anymore. We usually see her every second week for a moment. So how do we know how much or less she works? Or if she wears her clothes once or multiple times?

For me their outfits are just right for the ocasion, and that's it IMO.
I wish I had staff to polish my boots every time I wore them.  Like Amal, I have a career, like Amal ( ?) I work long hours not just 9-5,  unlike Amal I buy groceries, clean my home, do laundry, do my own errands, just like a lot of COH ladies.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Jan 2017, 20:57

So do I, PigPen!
But I also wish I had somebody to do all that for me...
Although I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it knowing that others knew everything about how we live, our food, wardrobe, how clean or dirty everything is Shocked
It also means to really trust others, I guess.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Jan 2017, 21:00

LizzyNY wrote:Carolhathaway - It means "nothing" - as in our opinions don't count.
Lizzy,
thanks for your explanation. Sometimes my online dictionary isn't up-to-date...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2