George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient

+9
Way2Old4Dis
Missa
Alisonfan
PigPen
carolhathaway
Joanna
annemarie
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
13 posters

Go down

George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient Empty George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With thanks to Frenchiesfans

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient Empty Re: George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient

Post by Donnamarie Wed 13 Jul 2016, 13:30

Thanks PAN. Hard to read the papers but seems restraining order originated in California.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient Empty Re: George and Amal granted restraining order against mental patient

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jul 2016, 14:06

The court must consider this guy to be a serious danger for George and Amal, since they gave them a 5 year restraining order.

Yep, Donna it is from California.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Jul 2016, 16:01

Ah, well the Daily Mail can help you there, Donnamarie, and even the name the guy.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 13 Jul 2016, 18:03

Got it PAN. Thanks. Just read the DF article. At least the article did state it didn't have details on the type of harassment. The description of this guy's mental state indicates how unstable he is and he should not be allowed within 10 feet of a gun store. If ever a background check was absolutely necessary this is a case in point. He should never be allowed to purchase a weapon of any sort.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 13 Jul 2016, 19:33

annemarie wrote:The court must consider this guy to be a serious danger for George and Amal, since they gave them a 5 year restraining order.

Yep, Donna it is from California.

I couldn't tell if the restraining order just applied to USA or worldwide.

Obviously with the Clooneys spending time here in UK I'd like to think
that it applys here too.

It must have been a huge relief to them that this restraining order was granted.
What will happen in five years time though ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 13 Jul 2016, 19:38

It's interesting that we've never heard anything about that...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jul 2016, 19:47

This man is mentally ill whether or not he is able to understand the terms of disobeying the order is the question.

And let's not forget that order is a piece of paper we have so many cases of people ignoring these orders. I guess George's security will have to be on alert for this guy. I'm sure his security in the U.S know what this guy looks like and
will do whatever it takes to prevent him getting close to George and Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jul 2016, 19:54

The only other time I remember George discussing something like this was when he was with Sarah and some guy called and said he should dump Sarah or else , I believe he said. George told this too a reporter during an interview.

The mail has added new information about the man .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 13 Jul 2016, 20:15

that this man has been in a Veteran's Hospital, means he has served his country/ my country, and perhaps has PTSD.  Let's hope he gets the support he needs.  Lord only knows what he must be trying to cope with.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jul 2016, 20:36

I hope he gets the help he needs and should have gotten when he came home.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 13 Jul 2016, 21:13

As I understand a restraining order issued in a state is only good in that jurisdiction. So this restraining order only applies in California. And it would not be recognized in Europe either. I also read that in about 40% of cases involving restraining orders they are not adhered to.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 14 Jul 2016, 02:18

Is this man mad at George only.Amal always bring danger to her he be mad to? Or to George and Amal.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 14 Jul 2016, 02:22

Alisonfan, the restraining order did not say what was the basis for the harassment. But the order did name George and Amal as targets.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Jul 2016, 19:41

Maybe the rush through LAX not so long ago and the pick up of Amal from a different area of the city had something to do with this.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 14 Jul 2016, 20:47

According to gossip cop this man has been threatening them for a while now.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 14 Jul 2016, 20:53

Thanks annemarie. Good reason for them not to spend too much time in their Studio City home.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 14 Jul 2016, 23:38

Well done to Gossip Cop for not only placing where George and Amal can currently be found but also adding helpful info about others who have breached the security there.  Perhaps they'd like to run a piece on when George and Amal plan to return to the UK and exactly where each security camera is posted and where the fencing is weak? Evil or Very Mad
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Jul 2016, 03:14

Every article  has said where George and Amal are not just Gossip Cop. George is not hard to find all you have to do is search the internet and it will tell you where he is and Oleandra is no secret the whole world knows he spends his summers there.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 15 Jul 2016, 15:22

I think Missa's point is... oh, never mind.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Jul 2016, 18:46

I hope for this man's sake he gets help , hopefully they will find a medicine that will help him. But of course it comes down to him wanting help and taking his medicine. The V.A will only keep him for a while once they feel he is stable they will release him.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Had.e6 Fri 15 Jul 2016, 19:41

this seems serious and i agree with Missa why don't they just hand him a gun !!
Had.e6
Had.e6
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 15 Jul 2016, 19:57

Had.e6 wrote:this seems serious and i agree with Missa why don't they just hand him a gun !!

I don't think GossipCop revealed anything that is not common knowledge. It's on the web. Anyone who follows George knows he is in Como now. They know that he has a home outside London. It would be just as easy, if not easier to google George and to see where he is as it would be for him to find the GossipCop article. If this unstable man is bent on tracking down George it would not be difficult. But George must have good home security in place now .... and he's got Gio!

By the way Had.e6 I love your avatar. I have never seen that picture of George before.
Love the hair!!!!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 16 Jul 2016, 11:46

I am utterly confused....Have I missed something, or everything.....

I can't work out what this nutter did???....othere than being a nutter....

Were no details given of the harrassment...When where what......

Could it be that is why George looks so unhappy and pensive.......
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 16 Jul 2016, 16:50

He apparently wrote enough letters threatening George and Amal that the courts decided he was dangerous enough to warrant a 5 year restraining order. 

They didn't put what which is a good thing you don't want to give other crazies any ideas. 

It is possible that this has been on his mind I would think he would be worried  about their safety ,whatever this guy was writing must have been very scary.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Jul 2016, 17:26

Yep, Annemarie, and they are certainly not go to give us all the detail. In whose interest would that be?

And I'm perfectly sure there would be legal reasons too. But it would definitely make you look around and wonder, security or no security.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Had.e6 Wed 20 Jul 2016, 15:35

Donnamarie wrote:By the way Had.e6 I love your avatar.  I have never seen that picture of George before.
Love the hair!!!!
thank you
Had.e6
Had.e6
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 20 Jan 2017, 08:28

[size=31]George Clooney Gets Restraining Order Against Man Who’s Threatened Him And Amal[/size]
Truth rating: 10
Amal Clooney Celebrity Crime George Clooney
By Michael Lewittes | 10:46 am, July 14th, 2016

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Getty Images)

George Clooney got a restraining order against a man named Mark Bibbee, who has allegedly been threatening the actor and his wife Amal for some time now. While Bibbee has not physically confronted Clooney, Gossip Cop has learned he has sent numerous rambling and delusional letters.

Bibbee, who according to court documents appended to Clooney’s petition for legal protection, suffers from bipolar disorder and may also be schizophrenic. In the letters threatening the Clooneys, he references the JonBenet Raikesey murder and the recent Orlando shootings at the gay nightclub Pulse. About the latter, it’s unclear but it seems Bibbee calls the slain and others at the hotspot “LGBT criminal[s] & pedophiles.” Bibbee also alludes in one note to a plot to assassinate George Bush, Sr.

In granting Clooney and his wife legal protection, the judge ruled Bibbee must stay at a minimum of 100 yards away from the couple. For the time being, though, he is being held in a psychiatric ward at the Veterans Administration Hospital in California. Based on his unstableness, it may be hard to keep Bibbee at that distance.

As for the Clooneys, they are well out of harm’s way since they’re currently at their Lake Como, Italy home. Of course that villa has had security problems in the past. As Gossip Cop reported in May 2014, a Romanian man made his way onto Clooney’s property, where he stole a bottle of wine before trying to break into the home and burglarize it. That individual was quickly picked up by Clooney’s security staff.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 20 Jan 2017, 08:30

Sorry for bringing up an old post.  Just trying to keep all the info together on this site.

Wondering if this is the same nutjob who posts on imdb?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 21 Jan 2017, 13:07

Well, he/she/it is back over at IMDb with another new name.  Poor thing...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down