George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George thinking of just directing - BBCtv EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George thinking of just directing - BBCtv EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George thinking of just directing - BBCtv EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George thinking of just directing - BBCtv EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George thinking of just directing - BBCtv EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George thinking of just directing - BBCtv EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George thinking of just directing - BBCtv EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George thinking of just directing - BBCtv EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George thinking of just directing - BBCtv EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George thinking of just directing - BBCtv

+2
Missa
party animal - not!
6 posters

Go down

George thinking of just directing - BBCtv Empty George thinking of just directing - BBCtv

Post by party animal - not! Tue 01 Mar 2016, 23:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MIght have a problem with this at times - being in front of the camera greenlights films.......

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George thinking of just directing - BBCtv Empty Re: George thinking of just directing - BBCtv

Post by Missa Wed 02 Mar 2016, 02:05

party animal - not! wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MIght have a problem with this at times - being in front of the camera greenlights films.......

Still?  I feel like George hasn't had a hit as an actor in a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGG time, at least in Hollywood years.  His involvement behind the scenes has been more successful (Argo), and would, I think, be more likely to get a film green lit that his acting in it.  I just don't think George is on that Bradley Cooper/Leonardo DiCaprio/Matt Damon list anymore.  In fairness, he's also starting to age out of it.  I can't think of many 55+ year old actors that get a film green lit, unless it's Liam Neeson or Denzel Washington doing a riff on the aging action hero they've done in every film the past five years.  George has never really been into those films, even when he was action-hero age.  I expect we'll see him pop up in the occasional character actor role, but directing would probably be a lot more creatively fulfilling at this point.

Plus he'll have more control over shooting schedules and locations, which'll be helpful when the babies start coming. Thumbs up! Cool
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

George thinking of just directing - BBCtv Empty Re: George thinking of just directing - BBCtv

Post by party animal - not! Wed 02 Mar 2016, 02:28

Yes, you're probably right, Missa, and you definitely sense he'd be happier to be behind the camera.

Interesting to see how 'Money Monster' pans out.

And, yes, he clearly has different priorities these days.......whether it'll be babies I'm not sure.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 02 Mar 2016, 02:32

I think Money Monster certainly has the makings of a hit.  Hopefully it can catch an audience before superhero-blow-em-up movie season starts.

I don't really think babies are on the horizon for him.  But I agree, his need to be busy busy busy all the time certainly seems to have lessened.  He even looks healthier, at least to my eyes. Smile  Marriage agrees with him.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 02 Mar 2016, 03:31

Missa I have to agree with you.  As much as I love George I do think his star power isn't carrying the weight it used to.  But honestly it's true for a number of big name stars.  They don't necessarily drive the box office anymore.  Honestly I don't know what does.

But George is a good director.  And he had terrific success as a producer for Argo. That's the track he should continue on and where I think he carries weight to green light future projects.

George has said on more than one occasion that he finds directing far more satisfying and rewarding than acting.  And he knows that the scripts coming to him are probably a lot less satisfying than they were even five years ago.

George's plate is still really full. If he moves into just directing (and continues producing) he will still be very involved in his humanitarian work ... quite possibly taking on more endeavors. And then there is his number one job ... being a good husband.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 02 Mar 2016, 07:38

Donnamarie wrote:Missa I have to agree with you.  As much as I love George I do think his star power isn't carrying the weight it used to.  But honestly it's true for a number of big name stars.  They don't necessarily drive the box office anymore.  Honestly I don't know what does.

I absolutely agree with you - about George and about other stars. I just try to think which actor or actress sells the movie no matter what it is about - I can't think of any. There were times when names like Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts or Tom Cruise guaranteed for a movie's success but it doesn't anymore. Which is good in my opinion because it's more about movies itself than about actors.

But George is a good director.  And he had terrific success as a producer for Argo.  That's the track he should continue on and where I think he carries weight to green light future projects.  

Agree as well. He should use his power to influence the film industry. But I would miss him not seeing him on screen anymore... Sad

George has said on more than one occasion that he finds directing far more satisfying and rewarding than acting.  And he knows that the scripts coming to him are probably a lot less satisfying than they were even five years ago.

I watched the BBC video a few times. In fact he didn't say he would quit acting - as mentioned in the article - but said (like he had done a few times before) what you quoted and also that aging on camera is no fun. But I would understand it if he should really quit acting. I think it's a natural progress for an actor, especially when he's got some experience of working behind the camera. His big advantage is that he started directing, producing and writing very early so it's not new to him.

George's plate is still really full.  If he moves into just directing (and continues producing) he will still be very involved in his humanitarian work ... quite possibly taking on more endeavors. And then there is his number one job ... being a good husband.

Yes, as a director you don't take on as many projects as an actor because they need much more preparation. So he could direct one movie maybe every two years, produce another one and spend the rest of his time supporting Amal and caring about his humanitarian efforts. We'll see how everything works...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:21

Marriage definitely agrees with him .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 02 Mar 2016, 13:32

It does annemarie. I would love to know how having Amal in his life has changed him. It's an assumption on my part but I have to believe she has had a huge impact on him. He wears his heart on his sleeve in a way he never has before. In my mind these changes have impacted the way he approaches his career choices. Just my opinion. I could be way off base but ...

I've gone off topic here. Except that possibly his career and charitable work choices may be influenced by the changes in his life.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 02 Mar 2016, 16:16

but to me it's not a definitive choice

he already said it 

no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 02 Mar 2016, 18:08

it's me wrote:but to me it's not a definitive choice

he already said it 

no?

It's me I mean going forward in the future with Amal .... How much does sharing his life with her affect his future endeavors.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Mar 2016, 00:55

Many articles about ageing and retiring ahead of Hail Caesar release in the UK:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 04 Mar 2016, 04:00

Yay Tim Teeman.  Nice complementary article. When I first heard George say that no one wants to see actors age on screen I was surprised by his comments.
What does George think of actors like Michael Caine, Christopher Plummer, Alan Arkin? Aging and very talented actors still getting a variety of interesting roles to play.

I think George is a lot more self-conscious than I thought he was.  He's never appeared to be vain as an actor.  Doesn't fuss with his graying hair, doesn't wear makeup in his movies and doesn't fuss with his clothes.

If he wants to direct because he enjoys it more than acting then hey go for it.  But I hope he doesn't give up acting because he's concerned about growing old on screen.  Diehard George fans, like myself, would miss seeing him in so many colorful roles he may have the opportunity to play ....

Last edited by Donnamarie on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 04:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 04 Mar 2016, 06:50

PAN,
thanks for the article! I think that it was really nice, telling exactly how we feel. I just love to see him on screen!

Maybe he doesn't want to age on screen (he said something like "It's not fun aging on screen" to Charlie Rose), but I'm pretty sure that if the right role comes along he wouldn't hesitate to get it. It's also - again - interesting that some magazines quote him by saying "He said that he will quit acting" and others "He said that he might quit acting". Which does make a big difference...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 04 Mar 2016, 13:24

As you said carolhathaway if the right role comes along I do think George would take it. I don't think he will "quit" acting like the stories are headlining. That's so finite. I think that he would want to keep that door open. I'd like to think he has yet to play the standout role which may be the highlight of his acting career.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 04 Mar 2016, 13:59

Donnamarie wrote:I'd like to think he has yet to play the standout role which may be the highlight of his acting career.
Donna,
I think the same. If you  think about Jack Nicholson,  he played great roles when he became older. I personally much more like the characters he played in the last 20 years than the ones he had played before.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Mar 2016, 16:19

Well, he's sown the seed...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:09

Thanks for that PAN
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 07 Mar 2016, 22:18

And now Shaillene has his back!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down