George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at Omega Event in Texas

+9
Nicky80
benex
annemarie
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
Donnamarie
Joanna
Katiedot
Tulips
13 posters

Go down

George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas Empty George Clooney at Omega Event in Texas

Post by Tulips Wed 13 May 2015, 06:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney, Omega celebrate Apollo 13 in Sugar Land

Omega’s black-tie party to honor the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 13 mission and the Speedmaster Apollo 13 watch at Sugar Land’s Western Airways Airport Hanger on Tuesday night couldn’t start without its brand ambassador George Clooney.
As cocktails poured at around 7:30 p.m., the 300 arriving guests – and some 30 Houstonians – waited patiently inside the hanger that had been masterfully transformed into an all-white spaceship by Bureau Betak. The company, headed by Alexandre de Betak, is the force behind Victoria’s Secret fashion shows.
An Omega watch display illuminated from the center of the room, while puffs of smoke and bright lights gave guests the feeling they were aboard something spectacular. The setting could easily fit into one of Clooney’s space-themed movies, like “Solaris” (2002) or even “Gravity” (2013). His latest movie, “Tomorrowland,” which opens May 22, also has a space theme.
Shortly after 9 p.m., the dapper actor (sans wife Amal Clooney) breezed through the red carpet area, posing for cameras and showing off his Omega watch. He followed the pathway lined with wig-wearing space girls (aka Page Parkes models) to the hangar. And when the doors of the dining area finally opened, guests walked starry-eyed into celestial paradise with moon stones and stars.

They were on the moon, and it was simply magical.
The emcee of the night Lily Koppel, author of the “The Astronaut Wives Club,” welcomed Clooney to the stage, calling him the  “man on the moon.” He talked about the significance of the Apollo 13 Mission.
“It was a huge part of the optimism at the time when you really believed that anything was possible. And I remember the idea of landing on the moon and I remember (thinking) if we could do that, honestly we could do anything,” he said. ”If you go and look at that actual space craft, the idea that anyone got into it is crazy. It’s like getting into a ’57 Chevy and saying I’m going to take it to the moon and back. It’s just the bravest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.”
Clooney shared the stage with Omega president Stephen Urquhart and astronauts Jim Lovell, Gene Cernan and Tom Stafford. Lovell presented the Silver Snoopy Award to Omega. The award, which he created in 1970, was designed to uplift and honor an organization that did something unique, he said.
Since the first moon landing in 1969, Omega has been a partner in space exploration. The Speedmaster was the first watch ever worn on the moon, and it has accompanied astronauts on all six lunar landings.
Lovell showed off the Omega watch he wore 75 hours in space. “The bezel is gone and the crystal is cracked,” he said, describing the Omega brand as “the best watch in the universe.”
The succulent “On The Moon” dinner, prepared by A Fare Extraordinaire, was equally magical: King Crab and Granny Smith Fraicheur with Thyme Crisp and Carrot & Cumin Espuma; Veal Lion with Eggplant Caviar and Caramelized Basil-infused Jus; and, for dessert, Glorious Moon White Chocolate Sphere with Light Sabayon and Mixed Berries.
Omega worked with A Fare Extraordinaire and flew in French chef Valentin Neraudeau from Paris to create the menu and mixologist Justin Darnes from London to design the bespoke cocktails.
Guests included: Lynn Wyatt, Lucinda and Javier Loya, Janet Gurwitch and Ron Franklin, Melissa and Michael Mithoff, Becca Cason Thrash, Diane Lokey Farb, Ceron and Carolyn Farb. Also, special guests were Yvonne Strahovski and Joanne Garcia Swisher, stars of the upcoming ABC series, “Astronaut Wives Club.”
Other guests were international media and influencers.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 13 May 2015, 21:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add whole article)

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas Empty Re: George Clooney at Omega Event in Texas

Post by Tulips Wed 13 May 2015, 06:33

There are a couple of pics on Getty Images.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

George Clooney  at Omega Event in Texas Empty Re: George Clooney at Omega Event in Texas

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 May 2015, 07:41

Wait, what? He was in Texas?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 May 2015, 07:43

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 13 May 2015, 10:08

George looks a bit lonely there after seeing him with his wife
and many others over the past few weeks.
Shocked
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 May 2015, 11:26

Yes, and he's gone back to the badly-cut baggy trousers again. Oh well.

But still, nice to see him in public unexpectedly. I kind of thought we'd have to wait until next week's European premiere of Tomorrowland before we saw him again, so this is a nice extra.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 13 May 2015, 12:08

George looks so handsome and I think his tux looks great on him.  He is a busy, busy guy.  Didn't expect to see him until Thursday when he does GMA and Letterman.  I wonder if after NY he will head over to London to meet up with Amal.  The London premiere is on the 17th. Right?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 May 2015, 12:14

If that's where she is.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 13 May 2015, 13:06

True PAN.  She could be in a handful of different places.
You think she would do the London premiere with him?

Glad to hear from you by the way.  Missing your posts this week.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 May 2015, 13:07

Tulips - Thank you for the find. When I saw the pics above I thought Katie had posted pictures from a past event because he looked so good. I had to go to the article to check it out, and was so glad to see that the pics are current. He looks amazing!

I think he needs to spend more time in LA. Seems like that's where he looks happiest and healthiest - maybe something in the water? or the air? Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 13 May 2015, 13:40

LizzyNY wrote:Tulips - Thank you for the find. When I saw the pics above I thought Katie had posted pictures from a past event because he looked so good. I had to go to the article to check it out, and was so glad to see that the pics are current. He looks amazing!

I think he needs to spend more time in LA. Seems like that's where he looks happiest and healthiest - maybe something in the water? or the air? Smile
.......Or the bedroom ? Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 May 2015, 14:02

Joanna - If it's in the bedroom, Amal better watch out 'cause it can't be her. She's been with him all these weeks when he hasn't looked anywhere near his best and now that he's back home he looks great! So.......

(I know that isn't anything like what you meant, but it's what came to my naughty mind when I read your post. Maybe the influence of the latest blind item posted??? Sorry. Embarassed )
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 13 May 2015, 14:12

I think it's more about George changing his look after being in character for MM for the last couple of weeks in the pics we've seen of him.  His haircut has certainly helped although I think he looked divine at the Met.  But mostly the haircut.  

Through it all he has been smiling and looking like he's enjoying life.  He's a very happy man ... in the bedroom and everywhere else IMO.   Love7
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 May 2015, 15:16

Definitely has looked happy even when in New York change of look makes him look better.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Wed 13 May 2015, 16:24

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Wed 13 May 2015, 17:05

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 May 2015, 18:43

You have to have an instagram account to see the pictures.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 13 May 2015, 19:22

LizzyNY wrote:Joanna - If it's in the bedroom, Amal better watch out 'cause it can't be her. She's been with him all these weeks when he hasn't looked anywhere near his best and now that he's back home he looks great! So.......

(I know that isn't anything like what you meant, but it's what came to my naughty mind when I read your post. Maybe the influence of the latest blind item posted??? Sorry. Embarassed )

Lizzy you funny lady !  Lightsabre fight   lol!

He looked fine at Disney Place/World and they were together then ! 
I too think it's the haircut and the freedom from working for a while.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 May 2015, 21:19

It's his turn to be starstruck! George Clooney and the cast of Astronauts Wives Club celebrate the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 13 mission

He played a cowboy astronaut in Gravity.

And on Tuesday night George Clooney got to see what real astronauts are made of as he celebrated the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 13 mission.

The 54-year-old joined space veterans Gene Cernan, Tom Stafford and Jim Lovell at a gala dinner at the Western Airways Airport Hangar in Sugar Land, Texas.

Starstruck: George Clooney celebrated the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 13 mission at a special gala dinner in Texas on Tuesday night
The actor was there in his guise as brand ambassador for watch manufacturer Omega, which also kitted out the astronauts 45 years ago ahead of the almost-doomed mission.

The mission, immortalised in Ron Howard's 1995 Oscar nominated film, was the seventh of America's Apollo Space Program and the third intended to land men on the moon.

But when an oxygen tank exploded on board two days after launch and crippled the spacecraft, the crew were forced to overcome limited power, loss of cabin heat, and shortage of water, as well as having to figure out how to jury-rig the carbon dioxide removal system.
Omega man: The 54 was there in his role as brand ambassador for watch manufacturer Omega, which originally kitted out the astronauts

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 May 2015, 21:23

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 May 2015, 21:34

thanks to frenchies

George Clooney attending the Omega Speedmaster evening here in Houston. See my pictures and my video…

Omega invited 300 guests to an incredible evening to celebrate its Speedmaster. See George Clooney´s opening speech from tonight…

James Arthur Lovell, commander of Apollo 13, was here, Eugene Cernan, the last man to walk on the moon with Apollo 17 and Tom Stafford, who flew to space several times.
And then George Clooney. He came in after we were all seated and held the opening speech after he was welcomed by Omega-President Stephen Urquhart.

The Omega Speedmaster evening in Houston.
The Omega Speedmaster evening in Houston.

Ladies and Gentlemen… Mister George Clooney ….

George Clooney at the Omega Speedmaster evening in Houston
George Clooney at the Omega Speedmaster evening in Houston
George Clooney at the Omega Speedmaster evening in Houston. He is being welcomed by Stephen Urquhart, President of Omega
George Clooney at the Omega Speedmaster evening in Houston. He is being welcomed by Stephen Urquhart, President of Omega

The MC asks George Clooney how he as a kid experienced the lunar landings …

Here is what George Clooney said tonight …

Video of his speech in the link I could not copy it
george-clooney-attending-the-omega-speedmaster-evening-here-in-houston-see-my-pictures-and-my-video

have another incredible video for you where James Lovell, commander of Apollo 13, Eugene Cernan, the last man to walk on the moon with Apollo 17, Tom Stafford, who flew to space several times, George Clooney and Stephen Urquhart are all together on stage and talk about the Apollo missions, Apollo 13 and the future of mankind in space.

Left Stephen Urquhart, President of Omega, right George Clooney and Gene Cernan talking about watches
Left Stephen Urquhart, President of Omega, right George Clooney and Gene Cernan talking about watches

I will upload the huge file over night now an go to bed. Hopefully I can present you the video in the morning…

I was sitting very close to George Clooney so I had the chance to make these pictures and to talk a few words with him … I hope you like them…

George Clooney at the Omega Speedmaster evening in Houston.

There is more to come …

george-clooney-attending-the-omega-speedmaster-evening-here-in-houston-see-my-pictures-and-my-video
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 May 2015, 21:40

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 May 2015, 21:44

thanks to frenchies

An evening in space, inspired by OMEGA's enduring spirit of exploration
George Clooney joins a host of legendary astronauts for a truly stellar event, celebrating OMEGA's dedication to space travel and its history as the first watch worn on the moon.
In 1969, the world witnessed one of mankind's most remarkable achievements, as the first humans stepped out onto the surface of the moon. With Speedmaster watches strapped to their wrists, this pioneering moment created history not only for the world, but also for our revolutionary brand. 

On May the 12th this year, a special event was hosted in Houston, Texas, to honor OMEGA's continuing commitment to space exploration. Like no other watch brand, OMEGA has been at the forefront of lunar discovery, always with the ingenuity and precision to serve the mission.

The unforgettable evening was brought to life inside a huge aircraft hangar, transformed into a starry universe. As the event began, guests were treated to cocktails aboard an impressive space vessel, which then audibly "departed" the Earth and transported them to a spectacular moon setting. Among the guests were astronauts Gene Cernan, General Thomas Stafford, Captain James Lovell, prominent members of the Houston community including style icon Lynn Wyatt, philanthropist Becca Cason Thrash, NFL player Chester Pitts, actress Joanna Garcia Swisher as well as a whole host of industry legends.

On stage, the entertainment was equally as uplifting, as brand ambassador George Clooney shared his appreciation for the astronauts with the audience.

"This was a time for us in our country when we needed these people to dream.”  He continued, “You gentleman are an inspiration to all of us here and I have to tell you what an honor it is to be standing up here with you.” 

George was just 8 years old at the time of the first moon landing when the Speedmaster became an instant icon.  Known as "The Moonwatch", it has travelled together with the most courageous and spirited astronauts in history. When some of them chose the Speedmaster as their personal watch in 1962, it prompted NASA to seek out a highly durable and accurate chronograph for all manned missions. After surviving rigorous and extreme testing, the Speedmaster was then declared "Flight Qualified" for the boldest expeditions.

Since then, it has accompanied astronauts on all six lunar landings, cementing an indestructible bond between OMEGA and space flight. OMEGA President Stephen Urquhart summed up the unique relationship with the Apollo 13 mission:

“For OMEGA it was an unbelievable story.  It could have been a disaster but turned out fantastic and today it’s an incredible part of our heritage.”  

The 2015 Speedmaster Collection
Driven by a commitment to innovation, OMEGA is proud to introduce a new generation of Speedmaster watches for 2015, always retaining the same spirit that launched it into history.

This year, the collection includes a new Speedmaster '57, the Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award, and the radiant White Side of the Moon, inspired by the lunar glow that we see from Earth.

Four new designs have also been added to the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon series. These distinctive styles are further proof that new frontiers of design and technology can always be discovered.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 May 2015, 21:54

Thanks to frenchies

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 13 May 2015, 22:03

Ok Nicky these pictures are out of this world!  Fantastic. George looks great.  Love the shots of him seated at dinner and animated with the other guests.  Terrific.
Also, the pic of him in front of that geometric Omega display.   If he was toting a gun he would almost look James Bond like.  Well maybe that's a stretch but was the first image that came to mind.  Thanks Nicky!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 May 2015, 22:15

Yes, James Bond that's what i was thinking too. Always when he attends a Omega Event I think of him as James Bond hehe... He should do a James Bond movie Razz Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 13 May 2015, 22:46

Our man is looking so, so fine. Me happy now.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 14 May 2015, 00:30

He looks fabulous ! cheers

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 14 May 2015, 04:26

Quit picking your fingers George!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 14 May 2015, 05:51

esatto!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 14 May 2015, 12:11

you see George in the first 20 seconds only

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 14 May 2015, 12:38

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 14 May 2015, 13:10

Videos

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 14 May 2015, 18:06

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 May 2015, 18:06

Mobbed!

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 21 May 2015, 19:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down