George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver

+14
Alisonfan
hathaross
Donnamarie
Doug Ross
party animal - not!
annemarie
amaretti
Way2Old4Dis
Silje
LizzyNY
bgarabedian
melbert
Sevens
Nicky80
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver

Post by fava Sat 18 Oct 2014, 16:16

Does anyone know if reshoots at this late date do not bode well for this film?  Maybe it does not matter.  I think they are hoping it will be another "Pirates of the Carribbean," another film based on a Disney ride.  Unfortuately I do not think you can plan that type of success, it is just  spontaneous and depends on how people react to the movie.  Have to say I have 2 older teens--often the target demographic of movie makers because they spend a lot of money going to the movies--and they wil have zero interest in this.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney on the set of Tomorrowland to reshoot in Vancouver

Post by Katiedot Sat 18 Oct 2014, 17:05

Hope W2O4D comes along soon to answer that fave, but I believe that traditionally reshoots don't bode well for the film because it suggests the first cut of the film didn't test well or that the company doesn't have faith in it as it stands.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 18 Oct 2014, 17:38

Well, I am by no means an expert, but I'll offer this.

Re-shoots are done for lots of reasons, some good and some bad. To make a probably unconfirmable blanket statement, if the scenes being redone change an important aspect of the story, it's a bad sign. If they are to correct a technical problem, like a continuity error, not so much. And sometimes there are post-production enhancements that then require a re-staging of scenes.

The other thing is, Brad Bird is known to be a perfectionist. He might have seen something in the master that looks fine to someone else, but he wants better. It's not unheard of, and he has the rep and track record such that a studio would support him going back for a do-over.

Movies that have some sci-fi or fantasy element usually have a glitch or two, and some things you can't hope to fix in post-production. And a re-shoot can turn out fine, or sometimes much better than the original shots.

Remember that Gravity took more than a little post-production tinkering. And look how that turned out.

This from a woman who gets all her on-set production experience in her dreams. So, you know, grain of salt...

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 18 Oct 2014, 17:58

I think it's gonna be successful at boxoffice.
The teaser trailer has been phenomenal on YouTube. Over six million views in first week.THR, Variety, EW ,Collider,Coming Soon and SlashFilm have all praised the teaser and that exclusive clip shown at the panel, and all the tracking data show that Tomorrowland has been the hottest original blockbuster topic on the social media since last week.
Fava if your kids watch the teaser they will be interested for sure.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 18 Oct 2014, 18:11

Thanks Way2.
As a diehard Potter fan, I remember they did reshoot on the very last scene of the entire film and the franchise-that of "Nineteen Years Later".
It disturbed me a little bit because the reshoots happened in a studio and they were to replace the original shots made at the real Kings Cross Station.
However the ultimate cut for that last scene turned out to be really beautiful and intimate. Almost perfect. Then I knew reshoot isn't always a bad thing.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 03 Nov 2014, 01:51

a bit new pix
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2