George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men Empty George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men

Post by Katiedot Sat 09 Apr 2011, 16:38

Filing this one under 'in an alternative universe' . . . . according to Matthew Weiner, George was considered as a possibility to play the role of Don Draper. No news on whether he would have actually accepted the part (my money's on 'no').

It's an hour-long interview which won't play in my region, so someone let me know if he says anything else about George.

From NY Mag

Watch Five Hours of Interviews With Matthew Weiner

April 8/ 2011

Matthew Weiner covers a ton of ground in these interviews with the Archive of American Television, so of course there's plenty of fascinating background info on Mad Men. For example: Weiner thought maybe George Clooney or Vince Vaughn would play Don Draper back when he was working on the pilot. Zak Orth was almost Pete. January Jones auditioned to play Peggy. And an AMC executive didn't think Jon Hamm was sexy enough for the role

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men Empty Re: George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men

Post by melbert Sat 09 Apr 2011, 23:08

I can't get it to play either Katie. Sorry.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men Empty Re: George Clooney (briefly) considered for the role of Don Draper in Mad Men

Post by melbert Sun 10 Apr 2011, 22:11

I finally got it!! He referred to George at about 4:15. He said " I thought about James Garner or George Clooney for the role of Don. Clooney had one movie that wasn't successful, so I figured he'd be back on TV. They both are this boy scout virtuous person type."
I put it in quotes, although this is not the exact quote. Sorry.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Tue 12 Apr 2011, 01:54

Wow, if Mel's paraphrase is even remotely accurate, Weiner sounds like your typical megalomaniacal show-runner. The kind who delays production of a well-loved show so he can get 30 million dollars for it. Jerk!

Sincerely,
PigLove (who is MAD that Mad Men won't be around in 2011)
(And there could never have been another Don Draper. NEVER.)
PigLove
PigLove
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 12 Apr 2011, 02:07

Hey there PigLove!!! How's your production going? Good to see you!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down