George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor

+16
Lighterside
Way2Old4Dis
sparkie
PigPen
Missa
bgarabedian
justpassinthrough
LornaDoone
Joanna
fava
party animal - not!
lelacorb
Mazy
Nicky80
melbert
Katiedot
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jun 2014, 18:39

LizzyNY wrote:Missa - They don't need 3 years to prepare - 3 minutes would do it! There's enough about him out there already to give the Republicans all the ammo they'd need.
LOL! Should I change the name of this site to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LornaDoone wrote:Stan's problem though is that he also represents folks like Charlie Sheen
No, not any more. He bailed when Sheen got totally unamanageable.

LizzyNY wrote:Maggy - I just wondered if she believes it would help HER career if he went into politics, so she might be encouraging him to run for office.
Maybe, but don't you think that's really a huge thing to foist onto a partner merely to help her own image?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Courted to Run for California Governor

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Jun 2014, 20:28

Katie - I don't think she'd urge him into politics just to help her own career, but I can hear her saying "Just think what we could do together if you were President". They do say "Flattery, thy name is woman" and I've yet to meet a man who doesn't like his ego stroked.  Smile 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 18 Jun 2014, 20:46

I think the whole discussion could be put to bed by pointing to one thing: the Satellite Sentinel Project. George and his cohorts are expanding its utility into tracking the material support to the bad people of the world. He couldn't do that as an elected official. He would be violating sovereignty. The SSP is his baby, and he's going to stay with it and nurture it, not give it up.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 18 Jun 2014, 21:25

I'm getting confused again.....  SSP ( aka George and Peter)  tracking the material support to the bad people of the world.  Amal working to be sure the bad guys get a fair trial.  And this makes them a perfect  ( or whatever word you want to use) couple, because????

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 18 Jun 2014, 21:35

"Perfect" as in George having the perfect excuse to call off the marriage to the woman he loves so very much.

I'm kidding.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 18 Jun 2014, 21:47

It better be her that breaks the engagement, because I don't see the men in the Alamuddin family  taking that news really well.   Eeek! 

GC  better have a really really good hiding place!    For a long long time.     LOL!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 18 Jun 2014, 21:52

He just has to make her think it's her idea.

Don't worry, We have this all worked out. Hiding place, too. Very undercover (wink, wink).

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 18 Jun 2014, 21:57

Agree, Way2.

And I think it's entirely possible the plan may be to move across Syria as we speak.

The expansion announcement was suitably vague, I think, and right now I think the big question might be who's funding ISIS. 

PS who is Peter?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 18 Jun 2014, 22:01

Way2Old4Dis wrote:He just has to make her think it's her idea.

Don't worry, We have this all worked out. Hiding place, too. Very undercover (wink, wink).
Yours???????

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 18 Jun 2014, 22:05

party animal - not! wrote:Agree, Way2.

And I think it's entirely possible the plan may be to move across Syria as we speak.

The expansion announcement was suitably vague, I think, and right now I think the big question might be who's funding ISIS. 

PS who is Peter?
Sorry PAN, that should read John Prendergast . Peter is the name of someone who just walked past me.  Blush!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 18 Jun 2014, 22:08

And before you ask, yes-he is that good looking ( double blush. will have to go to confession again , on Saturday)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 18 Jun 2014, 22:36

LizzyNY wrote:Katie - I don't think she'd urge him into politics just to help her own career, but I can hear her saying "Just think what we could do together if you were President". They do say "Flattery, thy name is woman"  and I've yet to meet a  man who doesn't like his ego stroked.  Smile 
  Down the pan   The awful thing is, I can pretty much hear her actually saying this.

Man, this "going into politics rumor/story/blah blah blah"  has really taken on a life of it's own hasn't it.   bounce    Hello!   Wheee!

Gotta love it!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Jun 2014, 22:39

PAN - I believe they've already said they're expanding to include Syria in SSP coverage, as well as trying to trace the money trail to terror groups.

Charlie Rose has done several programs on ISIS and the situation in Iraq. He's on late at night so I'm not always wide awake while I watch, but I know someone said that ISIS is at least partly funded from Iran and wealthy, prominent people in the area. Also, I think I heard that ISIS captured one of the largest banks in Iraq and walked away with something like $450 million dollars. That could keep them in business for a long time.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 19 Jun 2014, 13:38

@Lizzy...I think you may have misunderstood what you heard.  ISIS is comprised of Sunnis and Iran are Shi'ites.   They are at war with each other, although both are Muslim, so more likely it would be factions in Saudi Arabia or UAE that would be funding ISIS. 

Iran is going to prop up the puppet they have in place in Baghdad, Nori al-Maliki, although President Obama wants him GONE because he won't allow the Sunnis or the Kurds representation in the government, which is causing this civil war right now and therefore he violates every promise he made to the US to keep the religious factions that have been feuding for thousands of years, from going through civil war which was inevitable once we removed Sadam Hussein.

And the only people who seemed totally clueless and surprised by this chain of events is Dick Cheney and his lovely daughter...who won't accept responsibility for the damage he caused by LYING us into an unethical and illegal war!

Funny how we hear daily about the four people dead in Benghazi, which is tragic but we NEVER hear the Republicans lament about the 5000 American men and women who died in their illegal war...not to mention the losses suffered by our allies and the 200,000 Iraqi's deaths that can also be laid at Dick Cheney's feet!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 19 Jun 2014, 14:30

[quote="PigPen"]It better be her that breaks the engagement, because I don't see the men in the Alamuddin family  taking [i]that[/i] news really well.   Eeek! 

GC  better have a really really good hiding place!    For a long long time.     LOL![/quote]
 Seesaw of good and e G.C. getting stoned to ... !
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 19 Jun 2014, 14:49

Yep, Lighter. The silence is deafening, isn't it?

Maybe Dick could take Tony's hand and walk into a rainforest somewhere or something..........instead of being the roving ambassador in five hotels trying to 'fix'(?!) the Middle East for quite some time, he's now telling us what is wrong, and how it's nothing to do with him.

As Boris said the other day, maybe he should just 'put a sock in it' and follow Dick's example........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 19 Jun 2014, 16:15

I'm trying to refrain from thinking about Cheney at all because every time I see that smug, sanctimonious mug of his, I get blood in my eyes and want to see that war criminal brought to justice (drawn and quartered really but we won't go there!) but I know I shouldn't hold my breathe waiting for that to happen.  One of the things I'm very pissed off at the Obama Administration for.  He let the war criminals go without a word and that's not who we are!

And Cheney should take your friend Tony out "hunting" sometime...he might just get a face full of buck shot too! LMAO!  Maybe neither would be in any condition to walk back out of the woods...hope springs eternal!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 19 Jun 2014, 19:23

Lighterside wrote:I'm trying to refrain from thinking about Cheney at all because every time I see that smug, sanctimonious mug of his, I get blood in my eyes and want to see that war criminal brought to justice (drawn and quartered really but we won't go there!) but I know I shouldn't hold my breathe waiting for that to happen.  One of the things I'm very pissed off at the Obama Administration for.  He let the war criminals go without a word and that's not who we are!

And Cheney should take your friend Tony out "hunting" sometime...he might just get a face full of buck shot too! LMAO!  Maybe neither would be in any condition to walk back out of the woods...hope springs eternal!
I know how you feel Lighterside, I feel the same. But I also add the idiot Bush, who has said he has no problem sleeping at night. He will realize one day how many ghost of the poor victims of their war are on his soul.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 20 Jun 2014, 13:10

Bush 43 sleeps well, "like a baby" no doubt because he is now and always has been an "empty suit".  If ever there was a politician who didn't deserve the height of his accomplishments, it is HIM!  Everything he has is because of the family he was born into, not because he's such a political or policy genius.  He had to use Karl Rove as his "brain" for a reason!  And Cheney used 43 as his puppet, to further his own political agenda and to provide for his economic well being in the way of a well financed "retirement fund" through Halliburton profits...and many, many people died in a senseless illegal war, so that he could feather his own nest.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 27 Jun 2014, 17:13

Some interesting/weird new claims   

George Clooney “Seriously Considering” Run For Governor, Claims Magazine

“George Clooney is seriously considering a run for public office,” Us Weekly says in its new issue.
A so-called “Washington, D.C. insider” tells the magazine, “George has been talking to politicians about running for office for years.”

“George has said the ultimate goal is to become a U.S. senator, but he knows he would have to hold a position like governor first,” says the Us Weekly“insider.”

The tabloid goes on to cite one “pal” who predicts Clooney “will take that first step in 2018 with a run for California’s governorship.”

Us Weekly also says Clooney’s supposed political aspirations are “one reason” he decided to “fast-track his romance” with Amal Alamuddin, calling the engagement a “strategic move” because “the star aims to shed his bachelor image.”

“He wants to be taken seriously,” a “source” tells the outlet. “He’s ready for a change, so a 2018 run is very plausible.”

If any of this sounds familiar, it’s because Life & Style ran a similar, inaccurate story earlier this month.
There’s nothing like being late and wrong, apparently.

A source close to Clooney once again assures Gossip Cop that the Oscar winner has no intention of running for office.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Jun 2014, 18:30

I sincerely hope that George keeps well away
from politics......FOREVER !

None can be trusted, anywhere IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 27 Jun 2014, 18:43

But, Nick ran for office

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 27 Jun 2014, 19:43

and it was hell for him...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 27 Jun 2014, 19:46

Joanna wrote:I sincerely hope that George keeps well away
from politics......FOREVER !

None can be trusted, anywhere IMO.
melbert,
 this was the comment I was commenting on.  And I believe Nina ran for a local office in KY way way long ago.  Recall George holding a sign that read "vote for my Mom" or words to that affect.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 27 Jun 2014, 19:52

Nina WAS mayor of Maysville a while back.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2