George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home

+27
lelacorb
bgarabedian
janieb
Cece42
Mazy
Atalante
phys major
fava
Carla97
playfuldeb
Pita428
Nicky80
Maggy
louisvillelaura
LornaDoone
lionheart
Pari
Missa
Alisonfan
party animal - not!
Joanna
Picachu
hathaross
annemarie
ispy
jonperez
Katiedot
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you think George will sell his LA home?

Yes

No

View results

Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home Empty Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home

Post by Katiedot Tue 27 May 2014, 10:37

I've taken these posts from another thread and added a poll. I don't think it's likely George wil sell his LA home - in fact I don't think it's likely that she's even asked him to - but just for fun made a poll to see what we all think of this:

party animal - not! wrote:Mailonline ten minutes ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A Downton Abbey wedding for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin: Plans underway to rent the castle fit for a king - of Hollywood

By Maggie Harbour

PUBLISHED: 19:47, 26 May 2014

‘There is still a lot to be decided in addition to wedding details, like where the couple will live,’ says the source. ‘And Amal would like for George to sell his Studio City house because it’s such a ‘guy place,’ and find somewhere more suitable to them start their life together.

Nicky80 wrote:What I find interesting was the last sentence:

says the source. ‘And Amal would like for George to sell his Studio City house because it’s such a ‘guy place,’ and find somewhere more suitable to them start their life together.

Pita428 wrote:And she wants him to sell his Studio City house? Sounds like horse doo-doo to me.

Cece42 wrote:Poor George, she wants him to sell his home in Studio City, he once said in an interview how much he loved his home, lots of luck George, it seems like she will be making all the decisions.

LornaDoone wrote:Well given the number of x-girlfriends that have been there before I don't think that a fresh start is such a bad idea.

Picachu wrote:nope, i cant see him selling the Studio City place, he will keep it and if they need to buy something else for them then fine and i would think a friend would live there, he has had it too long and really no need to sell it.

party animal - not! wrote:He proposed to her there! Don't think it will happen.

So this bit, at least, is hogwash/hearsay, making it a bit more of a story, adding another (nefarious) paragraph.......

Cece42 wrote:Yes I'm sure most of his ex girlfriends have probably lived in his home, but don't forget George has been with a lot of women, so she will have to sell him too, just saying.

annemarie wrote:I don't believe she wants him to sell the house. She could always just redecorate it. I still don't believe it will be in September, I do believe it will be in England though.

bgarabedian wrote:George will do anything for Amal. It must be her idea to marry in this castle for her friends and mother live in London and all the other somewhere else. I think it is mostly her idea, her friends, and all about her. Where does George fit in, she will make all the decisions, and she wants George to sell the beautiful house in Studio City where he loves and lived there for a long time. It is up to him he will not sell it but whatever Amal wants she gets. I hope not, seems to me not a good start for this marriage. love you george, bg

Picachu wrote:Don't believe everything you read in magazines and newspapers, alo of it is made up so they can sell their crap. I'm sure George will have a say in where they get married and any property he has what he does with it, please give him some credit, he is an adult
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home

Post by jonperez Tue 27 May 2014, 11:07

THE IDEA OF GEORGE'S FIANCE WANTING HIM TO SELL HIS L.A. HOUSE IS TRAGIC. MR CLOONEY HAS OWNED AND LIVED IN THAT HOUSE EVER SINCE HE BOUGHT IT IN 1995. IT IS A SYMBOL OF WHO HE IS. IT WOULD BE WRONG IF HE GAVE IT UP. IF SHE REALLY CARES ABOUT HIM SHE WON'T ASK HIM TO DO THIS.

jonperez
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin allegedly wants George Clooney to sell his Los Angeles home

Post by ispy Tue 27 May 2014, 11:10

There is a time to give up foolish things, and a time to change. Amal's transformation of George Clooney is almost complete. How can anyone not admire this women!

ispy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 27 May 2014, 11:38

I think we know nothing of what Amal wants and are all jumping to conclusions. All of this is coming from gossip neither Amal or George have said anything. I will say most men could care less about wedding planning. I am sure George is letting Amal plan and puting in his input. I think George wants her to have whatever she wants and there is nothing wrong with that.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 27 May 2014, 11:43

I feel like now that he is with Amal we are going to see him less. I know people didn't like the other girlfriends but they needed the press to stay relevant Amal doesn't so I don't think we will see many pictures we rarely see him now.

Does any one else feel this way?

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 27 May 2014, 11:44

No no no no no. I don´t believe he´s selling his home. He loves it.He has it since 1995 and loves that place. Yes, it had been a lot of ex there but also all of his friends on sundays, playing basketball, many memories,....even Obama.
Change the bed, that´s it LOL

If that house is sold, I think I will not like Amal to much.... would be that kind of manipulate woman and I don´t want to think George will marry a woman like that.
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Tue 27 May 2014, 11:52

theres is also the possibility that if George did sell the house that Amal might not have had anything to do with it.

Amal shouldnt be blamed for everything outsiders dont agree with, ive seen that happen in families many times and such a shame that an innocent person gets blamed for someone else decisions where they infact never had anything to do with it in the first place but because they are the closest to them (and disliked by some) are the targets for other peoples resentment of something they dont agree with.
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 27 May 2014, 11:59

Its obviously another gossip rumour made in desperation 
to keep the money rolling in for the instigators !

However....

I think many new couples, especially in later life,
choose a new home together that holds no previous 
history to either of them.
That's quite normal and acceptable behaviour IMO.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 27 May 2014, 12:14

Agreed, Jo. And that's where the London house comes in.

The LA home is where his office is, all the studios, friends, contacts. Doesn't make sense to me. On that basis will he sell Cabo, Como, the apartment at the Carlyle, a maybe place in Kentucky??

Will she sell her London flat - or rent it out? Who knows? But it makes a good talking point. I have a feeling that they're both a bit more pragmatic than that..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 27 May 2014, 12:34

He doesn't have to sell it he can tear it down and build a new one in the same place. It looks really private so that is a choice they could make.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 27 May 2014, 13:21

party animal - not! wrote:Agreed, Jo. And that's where the London house comes in.

The LA home is where his office is, all the studios, friends, contacts. Doesn't make sense to me. On that basis will he sell Cabo, Como, the apartment at the Carlyle, a maybe place in Kentucky??

Will she sell her London flat - or rent it out? Who knows? But it makes a good talking point. I have a feeling that they're both a bit more pragmatic than that..........

More PR dope.

or

It is as good a reason as any to get rid asap. Or does he require more public P. whipping. Must be getting off on it by now.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 27 May 2014, 14:00

It doesn't seem to make sense for him to live full time in England, with the tax situation. Over on Celebitchy, they were saying that the tax issue kicks in after 90 consecutive days of living there. So maybe he keeps the LA place, a new London house goes in Amal's name, and he spends a night in LA/Como every three months? Is that his best bet, UK people who know their tax system better than I?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 27 May 2014, 14:03

ispy wrote:There is a time to give up foolish things, and a time to change.  Amal's transformation of George Clooney is almost complete.  How can anyone not admire this women!
Oh WOW!! Smile I mean, I couldn't help that... even passing by Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Tue 27 May 2014, 14:29

I dont see him keeping the house if the future Mrs doesnt like it there. Maybe they'll get a new house in LA. Sad. So much memories in that house. And Max... Sad

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 27 May 2014, 15:24

ispy wrote:There is a time to give up foolish things, and a time to change.  Amal's transformation of George Clooney is almost complete.  How can anyone not admire this women!

Be careful what you wish for it might not turn out like you think.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 27 May 2014, 19:12

I think this whole story is something completely made up by the tabloids because I just don't think that George is the kind of person who'd give in to demands like that. But then, what do I know?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Tue 27 May 2014, 19:23

I see a few too many red flags to believe the story. When I read that Jennifer Aniston was invited to the wedding, I just thought this is too "staged".   First no Brad Pitt as best man (if we are to believe that story) then he invites an "ex" ?  It's just over the top.

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Tue 27 May 2014, 19:25

Brad Pitt's ex that is...

louisvillelaura

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 27 May 2014, 19:33

Ohh, but wouldn't it be grand if George did invite all his exes? Not sure Highclere would be big enough though . . . !!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 May 2014, 19:36

I personally don't see anything wrong with inviting anyone's ex. Mr. Clooney should be able to invite anyone to his special day anyone he appreciates as a friend.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 27 May 2014, 19:42

I say if he really sells his house we all need to take a credit at the bank and then we buy the house and share between us hundreds crazy females. OMG a COH Houseshare  Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Tue 27 May 2014, 19:44

Katiedot... THAT is funny!  And the ultimate prank.   Smile  Anyone believe this is a prank?  I don't see Amal as wanting to hurt her career by being a part a prank, still... hmmm?

Oh, and Maggy I didn't mean George Clooney's ex's. Inviting Brad Pitt's ex-wife seemed like a hard story to believe. Smile

louisvillelaura

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Tue 27 May 2014, 19:54

Nicky, fantastic idea! I'm with ya!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 27 May 2014, 19:57

Coolio
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 May 2014, 19:58

That's what I meant, anyone from Mr. Cooney' friend's exs.

(did I say that right  scratch )
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 27 May 2014, 20:12

I call it being p*ssy-whipped
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Tue 27 May 2014, 20:43

yes, you probably did type it right Maggy.  I've been "off" ever since the engagment and blame it all on a bizarre cosmic force.  I mean, I am "the one"... aren't we all "the one" here?  lol Wink

louisvillelaura

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 May 2014, 21:29

Laughing 
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 27 May 2014, 21:30

No louisvillelaura only melbert is the one if you want to keep your health! brahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 May 2014, 21:34

Well Melbert and Louis need to make a line right behind me!

(we say things like that, right? He's not married yet)

Laughing 

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 27 May 2014, 21:35

He should just sell it. Earthquakes and hurricanes and…why wait? Your home is where your iphone is  Laughing 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 27 May 2014, 21:38

Maggy wrote:Well Melbert  and Louis need to make a line right behind me!

(we say things like that, right? He's not married yet)

Laughing 

eerrggghhh Maggy you meant to say the line is behind ME and then all of you  Very Happy  I accept your apology that you forgot where the line starts ... LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 May 2014, 21:40

Laughing 
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 27 May 2014, 22:40

louisvillelaura wrote:Katiedot... THAT is funny!  And the ultimate prank.   Smile  Anyone believe this is a prank?  I don't see Amal as wanting to hurt her career by being a part a prank, still... hmmm?

Oh, and Maggy I didn't mean George Clooney's ex's.  Inviting Brad Pitt's ex-wife seemed like a hard story to believe. Smile

Why? I think they are friends and he has probably spent more time recently than Brad (ie. over the holidays in Cabo)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Tue 27 May 2014, 23:03

Hi Fava!  I'm new to this site and I was telling Katiedot if George Clooney invited his EX-girlfriends and all of this turned out to be a big prank that would be something.  I did read that Jennifer and George were friends.  Although if she was at the wedding can you imagine all the competiting headlines over wedding dresses & babies?  George & Jennifer are about the only two big celebrities the US tabloids focus on re: marriage and children.

Also, my humor is often lost in posts.  I have sarcasm streaming live out of my mouth all the time.  I am a southern gal who lives in NJ... so, I try to be funny and sarcastic otherwise I would "go jersey" (or just loose my mind).  Not on anyone one here... just on the turnpike while driving.  See, I'm trying to be funny now.  Not funny like a clown. But funny haha.  (I quote movies too - that "Funny" part was from Goodfellas).  Yes, I do need a life...  I'm stuck inside the hous with snow 9 months of the year with three young children watching bad cartoons and trying to avoid the pile of laundry that is now "biblical".    Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

louisvillelaura

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Tue 27 May 2014, 23:04

rats... I meant to type I am stuck inside the HOUSE... not hous.

louisvillelaura

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 27 May 2014, 23:15

Well, she not only hates George's home, she can't stand Einstein..But don't worry about it George will come to his senses once someone puts him in a treatment center!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 May 2014, 23:19

How do you know she cant stand Ein?
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 27 May 2014, 23:19

Doh! 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 27 May 2014, 23:27

LornaDoone wrote:No louisvillelaura only melbert is the one if you want to keep your health!  brahahahaha

Sorry everyone I'll concede that Melbert is first, but i'm second.
As far as the house I cannot see him selling it. Besides all his memories there; the house has a lot of history. Rande(with an e) and Cindy can help them redecorate. But I also believed he wouldnt get married again. xxx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 May 2014, 23:31

My head is spinning so fast in all directions reading all of you.  Laughing 
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 27 May 2014, 23:31

PM me Maggy but now that I let that cat out of the bag I'm sure we will be seeing her snuggling him..This PR show is getting so out of control!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 May 2014, 23:32

But the one that makes my head spin the fastest is It's Me!

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 27 May 2014, 23:33

Oh yeah, you too, Phys!

Laughing
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Wed 28 May 2014, 00:35

WOW she wants him to lose weight, quit drinking, sell his home and maybe not like Einstein, and all this before the wedding. Poor George, wake up, other wise I agree with playfuldeb, p*ssy whipped.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 28 May 2014, 04:16

I doubt George Clooney is whipped because I doubt 99 percent of the stories out there about them.

George doesn't need to lose weight he's skinny as it is. I doubt he drinks as much as the media reports and if George decides to sell his home it's because HE wants to do so.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Wed 28 May 2014, 05:56

Yep, the obligatory "selling the house" story.  I HIGHLY doubt that he will sell it and I HIGHLY doubt that Amal has asked him to get rid of Einstein.   Rolling Eyes
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Wed 28 May 2014, 07:41

I hope these stories are all fake and not a truth to them. As far as Einstein that goes with George and if she does marry George, Einstein goes along too. You cannot just get rid of a beautiful dog because of what she says if she has asked him to get of Einstein. I hope this is not true, because George would never do that, he is not that kind of a person, He love animals, andthis was a rescue job and he loves Einstein. If were up to me to choose who to get rid of it would be her. love you geroge,bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 28 May 2014, 08:29

If it 's true even if only 50% of what' we're reading the story of George lla / Amal, we have to worry 'cause if a man changes so' at the tender age 'of 53 years' sign and' freaked out ! and 'love? Can 'be, but if in 20 years' normal in 53 and' worrying!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 28 May 2014, 08:44

lelacorb wrote:If it 's true even if only 50% of what' we're reading the story of George lla / Amal, we have to worry 'cause if a man changes so' at the tender age 'of 53 years' sign and' freaked out ! and 'love? Can 'be, but if in 20 years' normal in 53 and' worrying!

Sorry lelacorb but I don't understand what you're saying here.
I'd like to understand it thoroughly because I may have 
a relevant comment to make. 
Sorry, not being offensive to you.   flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next