George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine

+5
Carla97
mosaic
Nicky80
Maggy
party animal - not!
9 posters

Go down

Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine Empty Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine

Post by Mazy Sat 18 Jan 2014, 17:09

A few articles about Yulia Tymoshenko and the humanitarian issues.

Jan 16, 2014, 11:09 am
U.S.: Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thomas O. Melia, U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor, says the Ukrainian government should allow Yulia Tymoshenko to travel outside Ukraine for medical treatment.

"We continued to raise our concerns about politically motivated prosecutions, including that of former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko. We urged the government to allow Mrs. Tymoshenko to obtain the medical treatment she requires outside the country, to end all politically motivated prosecutions, and to undertake comprehensive justice sector reform to ensure such selective justice does not recur," Thomas Melia testified before the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on Ukraine.

In her turn, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland noted that the status of Yulia Tymoshenko is raised in every meeting with representatives of the Ukrainian government. "Her release would send a very strong signal to the world about the Ukrainian government’s commitment to a European path. But to date, the president has not seen fit to take those steps," she said.

The senators that testified at the hearing urged the U.S. State Department to introduce sanctions against representatives of the Ukrainian government. "The State Department, secretary of defense and secretary of state have been in contact with the Ukrainian government and have been very clear that any further serious efforts by the government to repress their own people will be met with a firm response by the United States. Sanctions and other tools are on the table," Victoria Nuland said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jan 17, 2014, 10:55 pm
Defense: prison unlawfully denies Yulia Tymoshenko’s request to change detention conditions

Yulia Tymoshenko’s defense intend to appeal in court the decision by the commission of the Kachanivska prison to not change the conditions of the ex-premier’s detention as allowed under articles 98 and 99 of the Penal Code.

"The defense will appeal the decision in court because the law provides a detailed list of grounds for rejection and neither of them applies to Yulia Tymoshenko," said Oleksandr Plakhotnyuk.

In his turn, Serhiy Sas noted that the warden of the Kachanivska prison came to the commission hearing with a pre-written decision. "This decision was read out loud after a short discussion, without any changes based on the position of Yulia Tymoshenko and her defenders, which means it was illegal and unjustified," he said.

According to Andriy Kozhemyakin, one of the main reasons cited by the commission for denying the request was the fact that Yulia Tymoshenko has been a patient in the prison hospital, a condition not covered by the law.

He said Yulia Tymoshenko wrote a statement demanding that she be discharged if the conditions of her prison detention are changed. "She’s ready to take this step and leave the hospital even though she needs surgery and can’t walk on her own," Andriy Kozhemyakin said.

On December 30 Yulia Tymoshenko asked the administration of the Kachanivska prison to change the conditions of her detention as allowed by articles 98 and 99 of the Penal Code of Ukraine.

Pursuant to article 98 of the Penal Code of Ukraine, prisoners can be moved to social adaptation units, and under article 99 to social rehabilitation units. Prisoners in social rehabilitation units can with permission from the prison administration travel without supervision beyond the unit, but within the territory of the locality, send letters, receive packages, have unlimited short visits, and one three-day visit a month.

Jan 17, 2014, 11:05 am
Yulia Tymoshenko: the opposition must react urgently to the new dictatorship in Ukraine

Statement by Yulia Tymoshenko about events in the Verkhovna Rada on January 16, 2014:

- On January 16, 2014, the Verkhovna Rada "adopted" laws without legitimately voting for them.

This isn’t just a blatant crime, for which those guilty, when the time comes, will face criminal liability, it’s also the final step in the elimination of Ukrainian parliamentarism as the main branch of government in Ukraine.

I am convinced that everything that happened in parliament was sanctioned by Viktor Yanukovych. Today, by deliberately killing parliamentarism, he took another major step towards establishing dictatorship in Ukraine.

I believe the parliamentary opposition must do the following:

First. Send open public letters asap to Yanukovych and Rybak demanding that they not sign these laws that parliament did not vote for, with clear legal proof of this and video evidence.

Second. If after these public letters Yanukovych and Rybak still sign these illegitimate laws, I ask the parliamentary opposition on that same day to submit to the Prosecutor General’s Office the report of a crime by Yanukovych, Rybak, Kalyetnik and Oliynyk and others involved and make sure that it is added to the Unified Register of Criminal Investigations.

Third. I ask the opposition to file a lawsuit that on January 16 the process of passing laws was violated and demand that this vote be invalidated. The complaint should include video evidence and demand that the laws be suspended until a ruling is delivered by the courts.

Fourth. I ask the opposition to take this lawsuit on the illegitimacy of the adoption by the Verkhovna Rada on January 16 of a package of laws to all possible Ukrainian courts and submit it as quickly as possible to the European Court of Human Rights and ask that it be given priority.

Fifth. Regardless of what the Ukrainian courts and Prosecutor General’s Office will do to stop the illegitimate voting process in the Verkhovna Rada (most likely they will allow this crime to happen), I ask the opposition to create a public commission of leading human rights activists that together with journalists will investigate this crime and make fair demands to the Ukrainian authorities. This expert opinion may have to be included in the application to the European Court.

I ask the opposition and civil society to act quickly and decisively because we won’t be defending the law, which Yanukovych humiliated on January 16, but Ukrainian parliamentarism, which is the final barricade before the total establishment of dictatorship.

I ask the opposition to act immediately.

Yulia Tymoshenko
Kachanivska prison, Kharkiv
16 January 2014
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine Empty Re: Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine

Post by Mazy Sat 18 Jan 2014, 18:50

Putting this here too as it shows George's position a little.

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine Empty Re: Yulia Tymoshenko should be able to get medical treatment outside Ukraine

Post by party animal - not! Sat 18 Jan 2014, 19:05

And as we all know, her lawyers at the Court of Human Rights are Geoffrey Robertson, QC, and Amal Alamuddin

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 18 Jan 2014, 19:08

Thanks!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 18 Jan 2014, 20:10

I think maybe George will try and do more to get her out to go to another country for medical help. It is my understanding that the US doesn't believe she should have been jail. I have to read more about this I am not that well versed on the Ukraine and it's politics.
Thanks PAN for reminding me about her lawyers.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 18 Jan 2014, 21:04

I don´t understand this at all. How an earth a country with population close to 46 million doesn´t have a hospital that can take care of one person?

Where do people go to give birth, to check their teeth, have surgical operations? Do they all travel abroad?

As for her lawyers... I´d prob change them after sitting over two years in prison... that is about 800 days now to think about how ineffective they have been.

Well, imagine if it happened to you, would you be happy?
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 19:38

Yes they do have hospitals everywhere in the country. 

I remember it was in the news few month or a year ago that they offered her an operation in one of the local hospitals but she refused she wanted to go abroad. The reason is obvious. To get our of the country. 
And the medical system is not so good like in the West. She has a back problem.

As far for the lawyers...it is a difficult situation. And if this is a political issue then it doesn't matter how often you change your lawyers if you fight for your rights it always takes a long time. If you think about how many people who felt wrongly being put in prison had to wait for years to get out. It is not about the lawyers it is about the system/government.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Sun 19 Jan 2014, 21:13

The NY Times has posted this report on the Ukraine situation just awhile ago.

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 Jan 2014, 23:58

Thanks for the link Mosaic, I posted it in a seperate thread. I think that it's okay to post it as it seems like george is interested in this cause.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 10:45

Yes Nicky the reason is obvious, but the trick has been used million times in old soviet countries.

Thanks Mosaic.

I see he does. And I think we all appreciate it and agree on
that the West should mobilize massive electoral assistance to Ukraine already to avoid looming disaster.

But, and again always a but
If a person wears a shirt that makes a statement. If you or I put on a shirt having a face and a text "Snowden is a great American Hero", you are taking a side. Someone will ask why you wear it. Most people won´t say anything, but just wonder. My feeling is I should be able to say more about it than " the spying thing was due to a darn internet video! God damn Youtube!" or anything like that. (I´m using this as an example to point out the very same dilemma lies in Tymoschenkos case).

Krugman has said some very accurate things about Ukraine, and before that all the EU mep´s were fascinated how Turkey could join EU, he called some of them cockroaches (I´d have preferred double dealing egomaniacs lulling the unthinking masses into what ever)...now they are silent, dropped Turkey as a hot potato, and are instead grooming new candidate for Ukraine. While trying to do something they do not know how to, Putin conquered more room in both countries. That´s the outcome, "the development" so far...

Some of the things are just unbelievable, like the agreement paper, president refused to sign and why they are demonstrating. Turkey signed the same agreement in 1963!! So, that´s how important paper it is.

I know, terrible, NOTHING MATTERS, EVERYTHING HURTS!!

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 20 Jan 2014, 16:36

Sure there are hospitals there but I suspect that Yulia does not trust them because of the beating she allegedly got in jail. They could have anything done to her and leave no proof of wrong doing.

In my opinion George is wearing the shirt because he wants the world to see it. He knows that he is going to be photographed and is using his star power to carry his message, which is that he thinks she is in jail illegally. She should be released to go to another country for treatment. If I;m not mistaken Germany was excepting her there. She was to be released in November but they are now saying that she is being investigated on some trumped up charges of murder from 1998. So without having to say a word George is showing his support by wearing the shirt. It would be great if anyone can find them to buy and wear in her support.

From what I've been reading the US government as do other countries believe that the reason she is jail as the victim of political revenge. This is not a legal reason to arrest someone. The Ukraine is going find itself with sanctions against them if something is not done soon.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 17:39

Here are some shirts

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 20 Jan 2014, 17:59

Thank you very much Carla for the links of the shirts.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 20 Jan 2014, 20:17

Let's hope he starts wearing t-shirts with dolphins, whales, elephants and all other kind of species that are being threatened to extinction.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil If you have a moment start posting on the Japanese facebooksites to stop the dolphinslaughter in the Cove !!! Twisted Evil 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 20:52

LOL Atalante you funny!
I´d love to see it too.

But don´t you think this over beaten dead horse "the enlargement of the eurozone" qualifies too? Who knows it might turn up in a one huge meatball one of these days...
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:41

Nicky80 wrote:
Carla97 wrote:You are absolutely right Butterfly. I´m not sure either, for the very same reason.

He wore the shirt, that´s for sure. Explanation? He seems to be far too important to give one...I don´t know. Confusing. What I do hope is that it´s not political hack.
Some camouflage for something else.

As I have already said I don´t like it, but also know almost nothing about it. I did speak about Ukraine situation a little while ago with a russian (work related), and he asked me after my monologue
"Did you buy the mouthwash yet?" That´s the attitude some people have, just saying.

Let me apologize in advance as I do not want to come across harsh/rude or something like that. But what you wrote above is contracting. How can you dislike something if you do not know almost nothing about it (If you really meant what you wrote). I think this is the problem today. Everyone is joining a conversation which maybe should not be joined if the knowledge is not up to the level it should be.

I'm sure George as a public figure did lot's of research to get to the opinion to wear that T-shirt. Maybe everyone who doesn't like it should do the same research. And if you still don't like then at least you can say why as you got the knowledge.

There is a saying in German which is called "knowledge is power" not sure if the translation gives the same meaning LOL But I guess you all get it.

Nicky thanks for this I'm going reply to it on this thread because this is for Yulia. Since George first wore the shirt I have been searching information about all of this. While I love George I don't follow blindly to what he thinks, I have to go with my own conclusions on things. I have read and gathered a lot of articles on her issue. Even the US gov. wants her released. So now I feel I can relate a little better to Yulia. A while back I had signed a petition for this, I will post.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:46

I also went the the White House site to confirm the numbers.
Jan 20, 2014, 09:58 am
Eugenia Tymoshenko: Thank You For Signing The Petition In Support Of My Mother

Eugenia Tymoshenko is grateful to everyone who signed the petition to the Obama Administration in support of her mother’s release.

"I am very grateful to everyone who supported the petition for my mother’s freedom. Thanks to you, we are more certain than ever that my mother will be free very soon! A big thank you from our family to everyone who had faith and helped gather signatures for the petition," Eugenia Tymoshenko said.

The petition was created on the White House website on December 20, 2013. There are a total of 135,531 signatures on the petition, exceeding the goal of 100,000 by January 19. U.S. President Barack Obama and his administration will now have to provide an official response to the petition calling for the use of all legitimate means to free political prisoner Yulia Tymoshenko.

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 21:52

Thanks Mazy, will be interesting to see what the official response will be.

The good thing about the T-shirt George is wearing is that people start discussing that matter now and bring it up in the media again and people get better knowledge about it.  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 20 Jan 2014, 22:03

Exactly what he wanted, Nicky. In one interview re Monuments Men, he said that he was wearing the t-shirt because he to support causes that don't get a lot of attention.(paraphrase)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 20 Jan 2014, 22:06

Oops! Meant to write 'likes to support'. Sorry!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 22:09

Yep agree exactly what he wanted. He knows what is working. He knows the media well  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 22:24

Oh Please, What it means, I don´t know, but George Soros was participating orange revolution time in Ukraina´s economy...not this time.

What is economy? For certainty we can say it is something organic. It is the byproduct of millions and millions of people making choices everyday...pretty unpredictable or uncontrollable.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 21 Jan 2014, 00:48

I think George got that shirt when Yulia first went to jail and decided it was time to wear it again. That is not a new shirt it is well worn. I'm sure he knows that the petition was up today also and all the discussions going on and who can give it world-wide attention better than him.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 21 Jan 2014, 01:06

Carla97 wrote:LOL Atalante you funny!
I´d love to see it too.

But don´t you think this over beaten dead horse "the enlargement of the eurozone" qualifies too? Who knows it might turn up in a one huge meatball one of these days...

MEN are obsessed by the eurozone, it will be one big market of consumers, a prey for American companies to sell their junk. As already revealed by Snowdon. So ...  Twisted Evil 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 21 Jan 2014, 01:31

Atalante wrote:
Carla97 wrote:LOL Atalante you funny!
I´d love to see it too.

MEN are obsessed by the eurozone, it will be one big market of consumers, a prey for American companies to sell their junk. As already revealed by Snowdon. So ...  Twisted Evil 

Sorry I don't understand what this has to do with the Yulia thread, help.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 21 Jan 2014, 01:57

It doesn't, as usual...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Tue 21 Jan 2014, 09:56

Thanks for all the updates.
As most of you said, I'm sure when George wears this T-shirt, he knows the effect on the people. If he only would get the interest of one person, would be great. Imagine with his convening power. And of course, we all know that he makes much more than wear a T-shirt. That's so great from him!

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 21 Jan 2014, 15:28

melbert wrote:It doesn't, as usual...
Excuse me, Julia T. - Ukraïne - E.U. or Russia , .... do I need to elaborate ???  Evil or Very Mad 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 15:42

Looking bad for Yulia. One can only hope it goes back to peaceful and if they cannot achieve that result by themselves, worst scenario is that police is turn loose and if they can´t do it, Russian tanks and troops are sent to do the job (what was I thinking, they are already there).
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 21 Jan 2014, 20:41

Carla97 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looking bad for Yulia. One can only hope it goes back to peaceful and if they cannot achieve that result by themselves, worst scenario is that police is turn loose and if they can´t do it, Russian tanks and troops are sent to do the job (what was I thinking, they are already there).

Thanks Carla I posted this in the "Ukraine" with the other protest one.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 26 Jan 2014, 23:11

Yulia Tymoshenko Either The Dictatorship Falls, Or A Free Ukraine Dies

Statement by Yulia Tymoshenko regarding events on Hrushevskoho Street:

- Today, January 22, on Ukrainian Unity Day (Den Sobornosti), Yanukovych gave the command to use guns against the EuroMaidan protesters. The first to be killed was Serhiy Nihoyan, who was on Maidan from the very beginning. Two more sons of Ukraine were killed next.

I ask everyone to pay their respects with a minute of silence.

I mourn together with all the peaceful people and their parents, together with everyone who feels this pain. The blood of these Heroes of Ukraine is on Yanukovych’s hands. He personally shot at them as he read his Unity Day greeting to the nation.

From the moment Yanukovych killed Serhiy Nihoyan and more of our boys, whose names we still don’t know, he ceased being president of Ukraine and became a murderer. After this, he no longer has the right to be president!

If we, Ukrainians, forgive him for this, we will deserve everything he does to us in the nearest future.

Ukrainians, children of my homeland, rise up for your children, your parents, yourself! Don’t let them continue to kill you! We have no other choice!

No negotiating with murderer Yanukovych.

The issue is clear cut: it's either them or a Free Ukraine. It’s either the torture of our children, or the immediate political death of the dictatorship and its leaders.

I appeal to everyone who wear uniforms of the state of Ukraine: don’t take the blood of Ukrainians on your soul. No job, salary or epaulettes are worth the death of your soul. I urge you to resign from the ranks of Yanukovych’s hired murderers and crossover to the side of the people. I know that your mothers are praying for you and Ukraine, just like the mothers of the sons and daughters that you are killing and maiming.

Put down your weapons! Don’t shoot at those who read the poems of Shevchenko – like Serhiy Nihoyan.

I appeal to the leaders of the democratic world to open a second major front against the dictatorship in Ukraine. The longer you delay this, the more peaceful Ukrainians will die on the battlefield for Freedom.

Every minute you waste is paid in Ukrainian blood.

Ukrainians, children of our sacred land, rise up!

Don’t let them kill a Free Ukraine. Without you she won’t survive another day!

My heart is with you!
Yulia Tymoshenko
Kachanivska prison, Kharkiv
22 January 2014

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 26 Jan 2014, 23:19

Jan 23, 2014, 01:09 pm
Yulia Tymoshenko Ombudsman Should Ensure My Right To Participate In My Trial

Former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko has issued an open appeal to Verkhovna Rada Human Rights Commissioner Valeriya Lutkovska demanding her right to attend court hearings.

"To prevent the next falsification of reports of my alleged refusal to participate in court hearings and to ensure my right to participate in the court hearing, I ask that either you or your representative come to Hospital #54 in Kharkiv at 5 am on 24 January 2014," Yulia Tymoshenko wrote in her statement.

Yulia Tymoshenko said that according to the Penal Code of Ukraine, she has the right to participate in court hearings, challenge the court and prosecution, file complaints over the actions and decisions of the judge and court, and that the administration of the Kachanivska prison is denying her her rights and systematically taking actions so as not to transport her to court to participate in the UESU trial.

"The administration of Kachanivska prison #54 is not providing a wheelchair for me and falsifying reports that say that I allegedly refuse to participate in court hearings in this case. I have repeatedly stated and state again that I have never refused to participate in this trial before the Kyivsky District Court of Kharkiv and that the information in these reports is false," Yulia Tymoshenko said.

The ex-premier also noted that the Kyivsky District Court of Kharkiv is repeatedly delaying the case because of falsified reports. "By placing me in the Kachanivska prison, the government continues to take illegal steps to allow them to keep me here using tools of criminal prosecution," she added.

Yulia Tymoshenko also noted that to ensure compliance with the law her request was also sent to the Kharkiv oblast prosecutor’s office and the head of the EU delegation in Ukraine.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 26 Jan 2014, 23:25

Jan 24, 2014, 10:49 am
Yulia Tymoshenko Trial Postponed – Judge Suddenly Gets Sick

The Kyivsky District Court of Kharkiv has postponed the trial in the fabricated case against Yulia Tymoshenko involving United Energy Systems of Ukraine because the presiding judge, Kostyantyn Sadovsky, has suddenly fallen ill.

"Of course the judge’s ‘mystery illness’ (if he’s actually sick) is directly linked to information about Yulia Tymoshenko’s demand that she be brought to court. They are so afraid of her speaking with journalists – even in the courtroom," said the ex-premier’s defense counsel Serhiy Vlasenko.

He said the warden of the Kachanivska prison phoned Oleksandr Plakhotnyuk, who was already in Kharkiv, to tell him about the judge’s "mystery illness". "But yesterday, at 5 pm, the judge was alive and well and working," Yulia Tymoshenko’s defender added.

On January 22, Yulia Tymoshenko demanded that the Kachanivska prison ensure her delivery to court for the January 24 hearing in the UESU case.

He prevent the falsification of reports of her allegedly refusing to go to court, she demanded that she be given a wheelchair and that the process be videotaped from beginning to end.

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 27 Jan 2014, 00:26

Sick, more like, scared shit !  Laughing 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Mon 27 Jan 2014, 08:06

Thanks Mazy.

Yulia's statement is heartbreaking.
"If we, Ukrainians, forgive him for this, we will deserve everything he does to us in the nearest future."
When a "leader" shoots on his own people, loses all legitimacy. As she says, I hope Ukranians don't forget this. Obviously, as always, they can't expect any help from UE, with all those "asking for efforts to Ukraine", meetings with Putin (another great example of defender of human rights) and its usual slowly for everything outside UE. As always, politicians, in and out Ukraine,  are very distant from the people.

Thanks everyone for the updates, I wish I had much time for read often. Great job!

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 27 Jan 2014, 12:24

Yep, heartbreaking, country like open sky prison...and no one can understand where these absurd accusations against her come from! And if there is something, it´s just “minor felonies” folks...

Pardon in advance I´m the one who brings now a pizza to the party...with tzardines. I say, we need to bring down the ironic curtain on all these events and see the whole play

Da nyet, navernoe
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Mon 27 Jan 2014, 20:23

always good to have another point of view, Carla. Thanks for the link. I have no time for all this these days, but when this month finish, I will check this site, promise.

Clearly, I don't know much about ukranian situation, I'm trying to learn from all of you and all the information you post here. But I find really heartbreaking the statement. I don't know much about Tymoshenko's past, but she's right in this. In my opinion, once again, citizens can not forget their government fired on them. That's unaceptable in a democracy. And citizens are with her, at least I read that in the news.
But obviously, not everything is black or white.

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 28 Jan 2014, 00:13

Thank you Carla I will start reading after midnight because of my stupid internet, all information is relevant. Thanks again.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 16 Feb 2014, 01:15

UPDATE - Video at link but could not find embeded code.
Prison Has Not Dimmed Popularity Of Former Ukraine Pm
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Broadcast: 11/02/2014
Reporter: Philip Williams

Despite being sentenced to seven years in prison for acting against the national interest, former Ukrainian PM, Yulia Tymoshenko remains a popular and influential figure and her daughter Eugenia is making sure her plight remains in the public eye.

TRANSCRIPT
EMMA ALBERICI, PRESENTER: As the crisis in Ukraine drags on with no solution in sight, one of the major players has not been seen for more than two years. That's because Yulia Tymoshenko, the former prime minister and driving force behind the Orange revolution in 2004, is in jail over a gas deal she did with the Russians. Her supporters say the court process was fixed to remove her from Ukrainian politics. Despite being sentenced to seven years in prison for acting against the national interest, she remains a popular and influential figure and it's hard to imagine any lasting political settlement that doesn't include her.

The job of keeping Yulia Tymoshenko's plight and messages in the public eye falls to her daughter, Eugenia Tymoshenko, who spoke to our Europe correspondent Philip Williams in the capital Kiev.

PHILIP WILLIAMS, EUROPE CORRESPONDENT: With her trademark hairstyle, Yulia Tymoshenko cut a passionate and controversial path through post independent Ukraine.
Prime minister twice, she lost the last presidential election to Viktor Yanukovych, a poll, she says, was rigged. Despite her imprisonment, her support remains high and the polls say she'd be a real contender in another presidential election.

Except, of course, she's in jail.

Daughter Eugenia has campaigned around the world for her mother's release, attracting a lot of support in the West. She wants the pressure on Ukraine's leadership increased, freezing bank accounts in the West, restricting travel, anything to get her mother out of prison where she's been suffering from severe back pain.

Do you see her as a political prisoner?
EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO, DAUGHTER: Politicians in the democratic world all say that, you know, it was a show trial, politically motivated and, of course, she's become a victim of this persecution and now she's political prisoner.

PHILIP WILLIAMS: If she was released from prison, could she win the presidency?

EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO: Amazingly that after 2.5 years she's become more popular with people and her polls show that she has much more support than when she was jailed.

PHILIP WILLIAMS: One analyst I spoke to said that president Yanukovych is absolutely terrified of your mother?

EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO: Well, on one hand he put her behind the bars because he's afraid of her as a political opponent. But at the same time he made her more popular and stronger with her people, with people now understanding all these allegations and accusations are not true.

PHILIP WILLIAMS: What are the options now for president Yanukovych? What's his next move?

EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO: With every day passing I think his options are less and less, well, for him, clear, but also safe because he's losing his control and we could see that in the last weeks when in the western Ukraine people started taking over regional administrations and really taking over power in their own hands, I think that he's also presidential majority started slipping and he realizes that, I think, he's in a really dangerous situation that concerns his rule.

PHILIP WILLIAMS: There is another option, isn't there, for him and that is he just ignores the protest? It's just in one part of the city and he just lets life go on until people get tired of it, get bored of it?

EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO: I don't think that people will leave until they see, you know, a just is done or the change to be done because for now, still now not one person has been punished for this violence, for this kidnapping, torturing'. Many people are still missing, many people are in prison for nothing, just because they put a couple of tyres in their trunk and they can be now sentenced for 15 years.

PHILIP WILLIAMS: You warned a couple of weeks ago for the potential for civil war, do you still think that's possible?

EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO: It's possible and we see that tension is growing, even if it looks like, you know, time out or some break in the, you know, protests. I think that the tension is growing on the street. People are getting impatient with no, you know, real political change that's going on and that's dangerous for all of us on both sides.

PHILIP WILLIAMS: Despite the protest, the violence, your mother's situation, do you remain optimistic at all about the future for this country?

EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO: Of course, and it only depends on, you know, people's power and my mother believes in people's power. The Ukrainian people just amaze the whole world how they can protest peacefully, organise their protests, make it very civilized and of course for many Ukrainians this choice that they made already coming out Madan is a choice for their lives, for their future, it's the civilization’s choice. So I think they will never go back with defeat and they will fight for it.

PHILIP WILLIAMS: Is it just possible in a year's time we could have president Tymoshenko?

EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO: We hope that she could be free, politically rehabilitated to run for presidency or for any other position and then people should decide and vote for her, decide how she's been all these years and decide upon her fight, you know, to actually judge her and not, you know, disrupt courts.

PHILIP WILLIAMS: Do you think president Yankovych should be in prison?

EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO: You know, well many times you feel like, you know, revenge or you feel like that so much injustice has been done. But my mother doesn't feel like this, she doesn't feel resentment, she doesn't feel revenge, she just wants to be constructive, go forward and of course to establish rule of law in Ukraine and once rule of law is established then we can see who is actually done, you know, crimes against Ukrainian people and then, you know, then people can judge.

PHILIP WILLIAMS: Thank you very much indeed.
EUGENIA TYMOSHENKO: Thank you very much. Thank you for your time.

EMMA ALBERICI: Europe correspondent Philip Williams there speaking to the daughter of Yulia Tymoshenko.

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down