George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men”

+6
Nicky80
Carla97
it's me
silly girl
party animal - not!
Mazy
10 posters

Go down

Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” Empty Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men”

Post by Mazy Sat 11 Jan 2014, 01:26

Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men”
Posted Friday, Jan. 10, 2014
BY GAILE ROBINSON

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FORT WORTH — The Monuments Men, a film directed by and starring George Clooney, will have two advance screenings Jan. 19 at the Kimbell Art Museum’s new Piano Pavilion auditorium, three weeks before it goes into general release.
The film is based on the book The Monuments Men by Dallas-based author Robert Edsel. It is through Edsel’s long friendship with the museum that these early screenings are possible, museum officials said.

Screenings will take place at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.; they are for Kimbell members only. Ticket prices are $50 for the first showing, and $150 for the evening event, when Edsel will speak about his research for The Monuments Men and the Monuments Men Foundation. Proceeds from the screenings will benefit the foundation.

The Monuments Men is the true story of seven men — museum directors, artists, curators, and art historians — who rescued the world’s art treasures from the Nazis during World War II and returned them to their rightful owners. The film, in wide release Feb. 7, also stars Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Jean DuJardin, Bob Balaban, Hugh Bonneville and Cate Blanchett.

Several of the artworks in the Kimbell were recovered by the Monuments Men, and several of the officers who returned to museum work after the war acted as advisers during the early stages of planning the Kimbell Art Museum. The ties to this gripping story about saving the world’s greatest artworks go deep into the heart of Texas.
For tickets. call 817-288-3224.

Read more here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” Empty Re: Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men”

Post by party animal - not! Sat 11 Jan 2014, 01:33

Saw this a couple of minutes ago, Mazy. Thank you. Great scoop for Edsel, I think. Wonder how long this has been part of the deal.

So many other MM exhibitions taking place at galleries and museums around the States. Impressive

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men” Empty Re: Kimbell Art Museum to host advance screenings of “The Monuments Men”

Post by silly girl Sat 11 Jan 2014, 03:07

Mazy I just saw this...glad they are using the screenings as benefit....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Jan 2014, 05:27

wonderful Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 11 Jan 2014, 06:58

Lots of interesting things are coming out of MM and it has not even been seen yet.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 11 Jan 2014, 08:55

Yes it´s great scoop for the author. And little scoop for the movie too  Very Happy Good idea.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Jan 2014, 13:40

some news from the screening ?

btw I found that article
dunno if real...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney “Gli eroi che salvarono Rembrandt dai nazisti”

Quando in novembre la polizia bavarese ha rivelato che aveva trovato nel modesto appartamento di un anonimo e anziano signore chiamato Hildedbrand Gurlitt oltre 300 quadri, sculture e oggetti d’arte rubati dai gerarchi nazisti sul finire della guerra il mondo dell’arte è andato in subbuglio: c’erano Picasso, Matisse, Chagall in quell’appartamento di Monaco, per un valore stimato di almeno un miliardo e mezzo di euro.  

Persino George Clooney si è agitato. Non perché sia un collezionista, ma ha avuto la conferma che con Monuments Men aveva messo le mani su un tema che, a quasi 70 anni dalla fine della guerra, è ancora di attualità. Monuments Men è il suo nuovo film, che sarà presentato tra poche settimane al festival di Berlino. Ed è anche il titolo di un libro uscito cinque anni fa e firmato da Robert Edsel dedicato alla «Monuments, Fine Arts, and Archives section of the Allied Armies», una divisione creata nel 1943 dal presidente Roosvelt e dal generale Eisenhower con l’obiettivo di recuperare e proteggere milioni di opere d’arte dalla furia distruttiva della Seconda guerra mondiale. Un’unità molto singolare, composta da uomini e donne che prima di essere dei soldati erano tutti direttori di musei, curatori, storici dell’arte, esperti di conservazione. E che dopo lo sbarco in Normandia riuscì a ritrovare sette milioni di quadri, sculture, arazzi, gioielli, libri rotoli della Torah e vetrate di Chiese razziati dai musei e dalle residenze di collezionisti ebrei. Una storia che ha dentro un classico del cinema: la Seconda guerra mondiale. Dove ci sono azione ed intrigo ma anche un messaggio sul valore dell’arte come simbolo della nostra umanità. E attorno alla quale Clooney ha raccolto tra gli altri Matt Damon, Jean Dujardin, Cate Blanchett, John Goodman e Bill Murray. Ne è entusiasta l’attore-produttore-regista, che sfoggia una t-shirt con l’immagine di Julia Tymoshenko.

Clooney, perché questa t-shirt?  

«La Tymoshenko era il primo ministro dell’Ucraina, ora è una prigioniera politica perché si oppone al suo successore. Non è colpevole di alcun crimine e mi piace attirare l’attenzione su problemi che non generano attenzione».

George, sacrificherebbe la sua vita per un quadro? O una scultura?  

«Non penso entrerei in un palazzo che brucia per recuperare un oggetto. Per un membro della mia famiglia sì. Magari per un cane, ma per un oggetto? Su questo punto si sono concentrate le difficoltà del film e la ragione per cui la prima reazione degli studios è stata: “Un film sull’arte? No grazie!”. Ma questo è un film sulla nostra cultura, sulla necessità di preservare della nostra identità. E poi non ci sono molti altri film che tocchino questo punto. La storia della Guerra la conosciamo, ma questo è un aspetto che ben pochi conoscono».

E se oggi dovesse scegliere un pezzo da salvare, quale sarebbe? Vale a dire, che cosa rappresenterà la nostra cultura tra cento o mille anni?  

«Ho una collezione di lettere che mi sono scambiato con Paul Newman e Gregory Peck. Ha un grande significato per me, anche perché nessuno scrive più lettere, una forma per raccontare storie che sta scomparendo. Quanto a ciò che preserverei tra mille anni, non lo so. Il contributo dell’America sarebbe probabilmente il jazz. Jazz e rock and roll dicono molto su chi siamo».

Passiamo alla scoperta del bottino di Monaco. Restituirebbe ogni pezzo? Costruirebbe un museo?  

«Mi piacerebbe finissero in un museo, così potremmo tutti vederli. Ma la cosa corretta da fare è restituirli alle famiglie dei loro proprietari, cui questi pezzi sono stato rubati o che erano stati costretti a vendere per una miseria mentre scappavano per salvare le loro vite».  

Ai Golden Globes le due presentatrici, Amy Pohler e Tina Fey, in riferimento a «Gravity» hanno detto: «Clooney preferirebbe morire nello spazio piuttosto che dover passare un altro minuto con una donna della sua età».  

«Ho sentito. E qualsiasi risposta mi metterebbe nei guai. Diciamo che apprezzo molto le donne. E che sono sempre stato alla ricerca di pace, felicità e gioia e continuerò ad esserlo».

George Clooney "the heroes who saved Rembrandt by the Nazis"

When in November the Bavarian police revealed that he had found in the modest apartment of an anonymous and old man called Hildedbrand Gurlitt over 300 paintings, sculptures and art objects stolen by the Nazi hierarchy at the end of the war the art world went into turmoil: Picasso, Matisse, Chagall in that apartment in Munich, for an estimated value of at least a billion and a half euros.

Even George Clooney was agitated. Not because it is a collector, but did confirm that with Monuments Men had got their hands on a theme that, nearly 70 years after the end of the war, is still topical. Monuments Men is his new film, which will be presented in a few weeks at the Berlin international film festival. And it is also the title of a book came out five years ago and signed by Robert Edsel dedicated to «Monuments, Fine Arts and Archives section of the Allied Armies, a division created in 1943 by President Roosevelt and General Eisenhower in order to recover and protect millions of works of art by the destructive fury of World War II. A very unique units, composed of men and women before they were soldiers all museum directors, curators, art historians, conservation experts. And that after landing in Normandy was able to recover seven million paintings, sculptures, tapestries, jewelry, books, Torah scrolls and stained-glass windows of churches and museums often raided the residences of Jewish collectors. A story in a classic of cinema: the second world war. Where there are action and intrigue but also a message on the value of art as a symbol of our humanity. And around which Clooney picked up Matt Damon, among others, Jean Dujardin, Cate Blanchett, John Goodman and Bill Murray. He is excited about the actor-producer-director, which sports a t-shirt with the image of Julia Tymoshenko.

Clooney, because this t-shirt?

"Tymoshenko was Prime Minister of Ukraine, is now a political prisoner because he opposes to his successor. Is not guilty of any crime, and I would like to draw attention to problems that do not generate attention.

George, would sacrifice his life for a picture? Or a sculpture?

"I don't think I should go into a burning building to retrieve an object. For a member of my family Yes. Maybe for a dog, but for an object? On this point have concentrated the fix of the movie and the reason that the first reaction of the studios was, "a film about art? No thank you! ". But this is a film about our culture, about the need to preserve our identity. And then there are many other movies that touch this point. The story of the war know it, but this is something that very few know».

And if today were to choose a piece to be saved, what would it be? Namely, what will our culture among a hundred or a thousand years?

"I have a collection of letters that I have traded with Paul Newman and Gregory Peck. It has a great significance for me, because no one writes more letters, a form to tell stories that is disappearing. As for what preserverei of a thousand years, I don't know. The American contribution would probably be jazz. Jazz and rock and roll, say a lot about who we are».

Let's discover the spoils of Monaco. Would return each piece? Would build a Museum?

"I'd go into a Museum, so we could all see them. But the correct thing to do is to return them to the families of their owners, these pieces have been stolen or who had been forced to sell for a pittance while escaping to save their lives. "

The Golden Globes the two presenters, Amy Pohler and Tina Fey, referring to «Gravity» they said: «Clooney would prefer to die in space rather than having to spend another minute with a woman of her age ".

«I heard. And any response I would get into trouble. Let's just say that I really appreciate women. And I've always been looking for peace, happiness and joy and I will continue to do so. "

(I posted here bec I don't know if real or not... dunno if it deserves his own thread)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 15:14

Nice Article thanks It's me but I think it is the wrong thread. 

I like the fact that he would rescue a dog from a burning building LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 19 Jan 2014, 15:33

Love the article. Thanks, IM

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Jan 2014, 16:54

dunno where to post it  scratch 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 17:57

Is this the thing where he wore that shirt? "Clooney, perché questa t-shirt? "

I have to be honest, it´s the only thing I don´t like about what is going on around MM. It is just very odd potpourri.

Ok why I feel this way? Let me simplify it a little,
Think of it as an online shopping. In your basket there is one item: her freedom. Do you want to continue shopping or proceed with the check out? (We are talking about one of the most corrupt countries in the world...) So there was a price. Quid pro quo.

Someone/ her team decided to continue shopping. Adding to the basket things like "let´s bring democracy into this country,new election...bla bla...the whole treat". There was no need to open up that whole can of worms, at that point.

Focus.

Get the poor woman out first!

If they proceeded with the check out, as suggested, this nonsense would have ended already. And the enemy sentencing her would have saved his face. Too late for that now. Well, it´s not too late, but the price is different.

My conclusion: people helping her are lacking any ties to the political and business and law enforcement elite of the Ukraine as today. Crucial in order to get her out per now.

Oh boy, the whole thing is like a bad fiction novel, if it was not real.

Maybe he did it to support that boxer guy. Some hope may lie in there if he gets more room. But he needs all the help he can get to set up believable political infra and good tips how to manage there...it´s a different ball game. He needs to really keep eye on the ball.

I don´t know.

However, what I strongly believe is that MM will be success. No doubt about it. It will also bring up new stories... material for many many more movies. Great mix of true story and entertainment, facts and fiction. Perfect.  cheers 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 18:49

Wrong thread Carla. Maybe you should open a new thread about the T-shirt issue.   Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 Jan 2014, 18:51

IM thanks so much for this article I appreciate it very much. xxx
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 Jan 2014, 18:54

Nicky80 wrote:Wrong thread Carla. Maybe you should open a new thread about the T-shirt issue.   Thumbs up!

I made a thread in the Causes section for Yulia.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 18:58

Thanks Mazy   Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Mon 20 Jan 2014, 12:54

Great news,some nice girl tweeted about being on a special screening, so I asked her how was the movie aaand:
"it's very well made & entertaining! Lil action + lil drama + some laughs. Smart casting. Beautiful sound scores.the sets + camera shots bear such *high fidelity/uncanny* semblance the sets + camera books' original WWIIphotos. Just stunning.Lastly, clever writing: the script made the stories inviting and accessible to everyone, not just WII/art history enthusiasts."

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 20 Jan 2014, 14:12

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven 

@ Boshkash... well done....and thank you for getting such a stunning review...sounds like everything G and G could hope for and more .....  Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 20 Jan 2014, 14:21

Yes, thank you Boshkash for the feedback and for asking the follow up questions on what her thoughts/impressions were of the film....great news indeed!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 20 Jan 2014, 15:05

That's a very encouraging review.  Coolio 
Thanks for passing it on.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 20 Jan 2014, 15:10

All the release dates are here....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down