George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon

2 posters

Go down

George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon Empty George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon

Post by Katiedot Wed 11 Dec 2013, 09:23

An anonymous person PM'd me but didn't send a link, so sorry it took me a while to get online and find this:

To Whom It May Concern:

George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Academy Award winning composer Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon. The first episode (link below) features John Prendergast who led George Clooney on his trips to Darfur, Sudan. I hope you will take a moment to check it out, and hopefully spread the word.

Thanks,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hans Zimmer Launches "Pizza with an Icon" Series
Posted by Katrien Hinderdael on Nov 26, 2013

Pizza with an Icon

This week, Academy Award winning composer Hans Zimmer launched a new web series, Pizza With An Icon, to bring together global activists and teens. Every month, an individual who has an internationally-focused career or is active in global philanthropy will join a pizza party with a group of curious and inspired teens.

The engaging new series, inspired by Hans Zimmer watching his son interact with Nobel Peace Prize winner and President of Timor-Leste, Jose Ramos-Horta in a honest and real way that left all parties inspired, is a forum to inspire teens to be culturally aware, and to participate in dialogue about global issues.

The first episode features our own John Prendergast, long-time human rights activist and co-founder of the Enough Project, as well as Quinto Okello, a Ugandan activist with Invisible Children. In the video, Prendergast discusses his reasons for working in Central Africa, and his goals to help bring an end to the violence caused by the Lord Resistance Army and the role that youth can play in solving global conflicts. During the session, one teen reflected on his experiences doing activists work: “If you ever think that I'm too young to make a difference.. something as small as like sending an email or writing a letter or setting up a meeting [with a member of Congress] can have a powerful impact.”

Pizza With an Icon impacts not only the teens, but also the icons. John Prendergast left the conversation energized by the teens,

“To me it’s extraordinary that people so young step outside of themselves out of basic compassion and curiosity and desire to see a better world. It gives me a heck of a lot of hope about the future.”

Check out the Pizza with an Icon site for future episodes which will include activists such as singer-songwriter Katherine McPhee speaking about Malaria No More and photographer Eli Reed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon Empty Re: George Clooney's work in Africa is featured in a new web series created by Hans Zimmer and Bonnie Abauzna called Pizza With An Icon

Post by silly girl Wed 11 Dec 2013, 12:54

Very interesting...thanks anonymous....I like John....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down