George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney EmptyToday at 09:59 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney

+2
Nicky80
theminis
6 posters

Go down

Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney Empty Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney

Post by theminis Thu 07 Nov 2013, 19:49

Hal Boedeker of Orlando Sentinel is The TV Guy. Dishing on TV, the news and what everybody is talking about.

Video at link above

George Clooney movie lining up extras in Orlando
By Hal Boedeker

8:34 a.m. EST, November 6, 2013

Orlando Sentinel's Hal Boedeker talks with FOX35 about George Clooney's new movie "Tomorrowland."

Another sign that the Disney-George Clooney movie "Tomorrowland" is headed our way: A casting call went out for "Tomorrowland 1964 Men."

Hopefuls are told they will hear from casting by 5 p.m. Wednesday (today) and that the fitting for costumes will be Thursday.

The shooting date will be Monday, the call time (subject to change) is 7 a.m., and the location is Orlando, according to the notice.

FrontRunner Casting in Orlando says via its Facebook page that it is providing extras and stand-ins for the movie. But a FrontRunner employee said the company had signed contracts and couldn't talk about the casting.

Even so, the FrontRunner Facebook page says the movie will be shooting in and around Orlando.

The film's publicist, who is in Vancouver for shooting, had no further details. That will be the film's approach when it's here. "We have a closed set," she said.

Oscar-winner Clooney and Hugh Laurie ("House") are starring in the sci-fi film. Most shooting has occurred in Vancouver.

The director is Brad Bird, whose credits include "The Incredibles" and "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol." The credited writers are Bird, Jeff Jensen and Damon Lindelof ("Lost").

The cast also reportedly includes Britt Robertson ("Under the Dome"), Tim McGraw ("The Blind Side") and Judy Greer ("Two and a Half Men").

The movie was formerly titled "1952," and it apparently has Disney themes. Tomorrowland is the name of a section of the Magic Kingdom.

Disney has offered this film synopsis: "Bound by a shared destiny, a teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory."

The movie is scheduled for release in December 2014.

Bird's tweets continue to be great fun to read. He weighs in on "Gravity," which stars Clooney: "GRAVITY is a master class in film direction, as harrowing as it is haunting & beautiful. Bullock & Clooney are terrific. Cuaron CRUSHES IT."

Agreed.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney Empty Re: Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Thu 07 Nov 2013, 20:17

Thanks, interesting to see if he will be in Orlando next week.....I like to see new pics of him   bounce
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney Empty Re: Tomorrowland seeks Actors in Orlando - George Clooney

Post by silly girl Thu 07 Nov 2013, 21:02

Maybe not....they are looking for "1964 men"... isn't he supposed to be the grown up character?

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 08 Nov 2013, 02:05

Remember that the film plot has a dimensional aspect to it. and inside the dimension, there may be men from the 64s. They do have to film what the secret place looks like too as it will be prolly based upon the past and prolly being kept in a certain maintained condition. If I get this plot, that seems to be the gist of the mad scientists thoughts, to maintain something that in his mind is better than the real situation, which does change as time goes along.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 08 Nov 2013, 02:11

Funny, I thought it meant that they need 1,964 men...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 08 Nov 2013, 07:45

Could be Melbert. But it is true that some of the extras will need to have the proper age and tone for the "dimensional" context. Aside from costumes.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 12 Nov 2013, 23:22

I just saw your comment now Melbert...could be I read it wrong....some girl just tweeted she saw GC and Tim MCGraw at the Altamonte Mall in FL---she was excited because she also got a second job. Not sure it is true as there are no photos. I guess if set photos come out we will find out.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Nov 2013, 22:21

@CodysCooties has some interesting info about Our Hero. Looks like he's there

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down