George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum?

+10
Atalante
cindigirl
Lighterside
pattygirl
Dexterdidit
Vi
melbert
lucy
it's me
Katiedot
14 posters

Go down

Would you like a section in your own language?

Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Vote_lcap46%Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Vote_lcap23%Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Vote_lcap31%Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13
Back

Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Empty Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum?

Post by Katiedot Tue 22 Feb 2011, 05:57

I can see that almost half of the visitors to this site are not native English-speakers so I was wondering whether all you French and Italian (and other language) speakers would like a section of the forum where you can post in your own language?

If I set up a section in different languages are there any volunteers to manage the section?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Empty Re: Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum?

Post by it's me Wed 23 Feb 2011, 22:15

I'm in
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Empty Re: Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum?

Post by lucy Thu 24 Feb 2011, 00:45

I think it would be great for those that are fluent in more than one language,I would enjoy trying to read their comments,won't be commenting myself,and I hope all of you will continue to comment on the English threads.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 24 Feb 2011, 02:20

ditto Lucy! I don't even pretend to understand and/or communicate in any other language (hard enough to understand my English sometimes).
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 24 Feb 2011, 03:42

Hi It's Me, great! You'd like an Italian section, right? Tell me what you think I should call it and I'll set it up today.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Thu 24 Feb 2011, 07:51

I am the only vote for reading everything in English ? To learn this language ?

and I don't think anyone would like to fight with my 'Umgangs-Deutsch'

'colloquial-German'
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 24 Feb 2011, 09:10

The english section will stay exactly the same, so you can still read everything in English.

It's just that there's a lot of people reading here from other countries who would find it preferable to discuss George in their own language.

Umgangsprache geht gut!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Thu 24 Feb 2011, 09:17

Love2
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:47

Hi everyone

I'm just raising this question again to see if anyone would be interested in having a separate section on the forum for foreign language speakers.

I'm happy to set it up so just let me know if you'd like me to go ahead and which language(s) you need.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:41

can we try in Italian? then we will see...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:17

Sure thing. Are you happy to have everything in one forum, or would you like me to separate it into 'News', 'Girls Girls Girls', 'Party in the kitchen' etc?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:27

I think it's a great idea. But I do hope our non english speaking friends still put their thoughts etc into the english speaking threads. Cause it's always nice to know how others think and feel. I like Melbert have enough trouble with English being Australian I have heard that before! LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:53

Haha! I know exactly what you mean about struggling with English!

We'll still have the foreign news items here in the English section and I'm sure the Italian contingent will still post in the English bit.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 26 Sep 2011, 14:02

Give it a try. I can't hurt, can it? It should really be the choice of the non-English speaking posters. Hope the experiment turns out well.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 26 Sep 2011, 14:09

I say go for it...maybe then I can remember my Italian from when I was a little girl. ahahahaha But until then, I'll use the translator button and fake it!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 26 Sep 2011, 14:17

There's a translater button? Where, where?
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 26 Sep 2011, 14:24

For me, I'm interested in what all the posters are saying but English is the only language I'm familiar with, so I think that would be a nice idea for the foreign language posters, although sounds like a lot of work for you. Thanks.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 26 Sep 2011, 14:31

@ pattygirl...there should be a command (closer to the bottom), as you right click your mouse on a "highlighted" item to "translate with Bing" and it will autoselect the correct language for you. If you don't have this feature, I would ask someone who is a "techie" about how to get it because I'm the wrong person to ask that information from, so I'm sorry I can't help there. It REALLY comes in handy on many of these forums etc.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 26 Sep 2011, 14:41

Lighter, you are a genius. I just tried it- well, because all posts here are in English, I started to translate your English post to French and Bing Translate took me there. Only problem is that you have to "register" - I didn't because I'm afraid all the text from now on would be in French, then I'd be lost. LOL Great tip though. Kudos.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 26 Sep 2011, 14:54

Thanks Lighter. I've tried that before and always got a "this page can not be translated" statement. Will try again to test it out.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 26 Sep 2011, 15:00

oh girls believe me I would be lost without that feature! LOL

Sorry pattygirl, I can ask my hubby when he gets home how to get it to work, if you like. Maybe try to google Bing Translator and see if you have to register like cindigirl said, although I can't remember doing that, I couldn't say that I didn't have to register originally, I just can't remember doing it.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 26 Sep 2011, 15:38

patty, I just used Bing with an Italian post and it works. You have to highlight what you want to translate - Italian to English and the post you highlighted gives you English translation. With highlighting the words I didn't have to register.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Sep 2011, 22:38

well

dunno about the double thread
we can try at first splitting in two (anyway the more I think @ it, the more I guess you can't do otherwise)

so non speaking wont be bother

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 26 Sep 2011, 22:50

Katie is such a HUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of G.C. ! How many hours do you spend on this guy ??? Do you want to meet him once ??? Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Sep 2011, 23:14

me? Coolio
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 27 Sep 2011, 00:20

I think that Katie wants to make this wonderful place as user-friendly as she can. We have several nations represented here to enjoy our George, and she's just thinking of us! Thank you for that Katie! Give Flowers
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 27 Sep 2011, 00:29

Sorry I didn't get back earlier on that translation button thing. Tried it and got it to work. So I'm good to go. Thanks to all who wanted to help me. I must have been doing something wrong before.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 27 Sep 2011, 05:06

Ok, It's Me, I can set up an Italian section this evening (my time) which should be early afternoon for you.

But before I can do that, I need a name for it. 'The Italian Section' doesn't sound that exciting! Any suggestions?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Sep 2011, 15:12

Italian look on G
or
PP (pizza's people)

Very Happy

well
better stop kidding
have to go
byyyyyyyyye

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 27 Sep 2011, 15:23

How about "Mondo di Clooney". Means World of Clooney in Italian.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Question: Would you like a foreign language section of the forum? Empty "Mondo di Clooney"

Post by it's me Tue 27 Sep 2011, 16:40

hmmm I love you
mi piace Give Flowers2
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 27 Sep 2011, 16:54

Thank you, it's me. Just wanted to help. Remember I don't speak Italian, only American.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Sep 2011, 17:08

only American?
well
you are not so bad ! Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 27 Sep 2011, 17:08

Ok, 'Mondo di Clooney' it is. Now, I need to give it a description, so could someone please translate this for me:

'This is the section about George Clooney in Italian. Welcome!'

Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 27 Sep 2011, 22:47

The italian is not so different to spanish!! I dont speak italian but I understand it a lot! we can try!! Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 27 Sep 2011, 23:06

i think it's better in english so everybody mix together it's better that way !

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Tue 27 Sep 2011, 23:08

TRANSLATION
questa è la sezione in italiano su george clooney;BENVENUTI!

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Sep 2011, 23:21

'This is the section about George Clooney in Italian. Welcome!'

hmmm.... scratch
BENVENUTO! Questa sezione è in lingua Italiana.

(I put the salute firts).
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Sep 2011, 23:23

and I guess you don't need to say who is it about....

or am I wrong?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Tue 27 Sep 2011, 23:49

infatti hai ragione!
you are right, its me

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Sep 2011, 23:58

oh thanks
grazie!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 28 Sep 2011, 04:19

Ok, it's done! Your new section is here, have fun with it: http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/f16-mondo-di-clooney
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down