George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release

+8
silly girl
Carla97
Joanna
Lighterside
fava
it's me
Nicky80
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release Empty Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release

Post by Katiedot Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:13

It's sounding promising . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release

by Michael West | 09 August 2013

The Monuments Men remains the favorite for Best Picture, though not by much.

George Clooney's latest assault on the Hollywood awards' season, The Monuments Men, remains the favorite to win Best Picture at the Oscars in February 2014 following the release of the first trailer this week.

Directed and co-written by the popular actor, the movie is based on the incredible and at times unbelievable story of a special unit formed in World War II to save rare antiques, art and architecture from destruction.

Clooney also plays the lead role, a man tasked with pulling together a team of curators and historians - played by Matt Damon, John Goodman, Bill Murray, Jean Dujardin and Bob Balaban - and attempting to mould them into a fighting force.
The first trailer as a definite Inglorious Basterds feel to it, though there's the drama and intensity of Clooney's previous hit, Argo, in there too, as well as a smattering of humor.

"I seem to have stepped onto a landmine" says Matt Damon's James Rorimer to Clooney's George Stout, "Why would you do something like that?" comes the reply. Seconds later, Goodman's character walks into shot, "What we got?" "Lieutenant here appears to have found himself on top of an unexploded land mine," says Clooney. "Why would you do something like that?" asks Goodman.

To say there's Oscar buzz about this movie would be doing it somewhat of a disservice, though it's probably sensible to assume the bookmakers have it as the market leader based on its impressive cast, and Clooney's connection to Argo.

Currently, it's the 11/2 favorite to win Best Picture at the Oscars, which suggests, well, that the bookmakers don't really have a clue who's going to win. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts' August: Osage County is almost on terms with the World War II drama at 6/1, while the Idris Elba starring Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom is 7/1.

In fact, David O'Russell's American Hustle, Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street, Tom Hanks' Captain Phillips and Steve McQueen's Twelve Years A Slave are all offered at short prices before we even begin to consider outsiders.

"It's a really great script that George wrote with Grant Heslov and it's a really fun cast, it's a really cool group of people, so I'm excited," said Matt Damon in a recent interview.

Monuments Men opens on December 18, 2013 - pinnacle Oscar-bait period.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release Empty Re: Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release

Post by Nicky80 Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:34

Yeah I'm excited like anyone else. Can't wait to see the movie. and he hopes he wins the Oscar. He deserves it after hard work.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release Empty Re: Clooney's 'The Monuments Men' Remains Oscar Favorite After Trailer Release

Post by it's me Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:59

MM and August Osage Country
He is against himself Shocked 
LOOL!

Great words anyway
And I am sure ppl will appreciate his humor
The best way to encourage ppl to go to cinemas!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 10 Aug 2013, 15:08

Nicky80 wrote:Yeah I'm excited like anyone else. Can't wait to see the movie. and he hopes he wins the Oscar. He deserves it after hard work.
Hard work doesn't win Oscars. The movie has to be good (hopefully great). I think all the award talk is premature (and part of the hype and publicity campaign). We will all have to wait to see the movie. (I remember Leatherheads.....)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 10 Aug 2013, 15:16

I think it's going to be his best work to date and that's saying something.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 10 Aug 2013, 16:56

I hate all the Oscar talk already.
It can jinx things IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 10 Aug 2013, 19:01

I agree Jo, I think it gets people up in arms that it's already fixed and that perception doesn't help anyone.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 10 Aug 2013, 20:34

I think he should win the oscar.

Hoorah! 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 10 Aug 2013, 21:08

Too early to talk about it
IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 04 Sep 2013, 01:12

The Gold Derby has it at 14/1 for winning the Oscar. Go to the link to see the competition and make your own predictions...

Blog: News & Views
Will 'The Monuments Men' be 17th war film to win Best Picture at Oscars? [Gallery]

It's no surprise that war movies have done so well at the Oscars, winning Best Picture 16 times over 85 years. They provide everything a voter needs to see of the three essential elements: range, impact and empathy. This genre offers heroism, toughness, surprise, suffering and even death.
Will George Clooney's new film "The Monuments Men" be the next war-themed Best Picture champ? Vote below using our easy drag-and-drop menu.
The movie, due out in December, boasts an all-star cast led by Clooney and three other Oscar winners -- Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon and Jean Dujardin -- as well as Emmy winner John Goodman and Oscar nominee Bill Murray. The story centers on an Allied group during World War II saving art and cultural items before they are destroyed by the Nazis.
At the bottom of this post, take a tour through our photo gallery below featuring tributes to the 16 Best Picture winners that were set in a time of war. They range from the first film to win this prize -- the WWI epic "Wings" (1928) -- to the most recent -- "The Hurt Locker" (2009), which was set during the Iraq war.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 04 Sep 2013, 02:14

Thanks SG I put my predictions in.Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 02:19

I hope he wins too!!! Go Mr. Oscar King!!! love1 Not worthy Hoorah! Cheerleader Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo 
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 12 Sep 2013, 20:02

New article about it's Oscar chances:

Oscars 2014 Predictions: The Star-Studded 'Monuments Men'
by Jack de Aguilar | 12 September 2013
We assess the World War II film's chances come February 2014.
In the 1940s, a group of men unite to try and save history in the alternative World War II epic that is The Monuments Men. They’re not attempting to bring down the Fuhrer, infiltrate a lab to steal secrets or secure a key territory in the fight against fascism though; they’re preserving culture by protecting the architecture and history of an endangered people.

The film is led by a ridiculous cast, consisting of the Oscar darling George Clooney, the ever-busy Matt Damon, the irrepressible Cate Blanchett, cult comedy heros Bill Murray & John Goodman, and the multi-talented Bob Balaban.
Having triumphed in a backroom role with Argo at last year’s Oscars – he proudly smiled behind a frantic Ben Affleck – Clooney is very much taking center stage with Monuments Men. He writes, directs, produces and stars in the period comedy-epic, meaning an Academy Award for any one of those disciplines is all but inevitable.
It looks beautiful, too. Cinematographer Phedon Papamichael – the man behind the visuals in The Descendends, Walk the Line and The Pursuit of Happiness – and the vast camera department have produced a rich tapestry on which the screen talent will apply intricate patterns. Don’t be surprised to see cinematography and editing nomination come its way.
As so is often the case, big name films with fancy trailers can crash and burn when people actually see the full-length feature. We’re handed out statuettes to films based on sleek 1m30s snippets before, and we won’t be tempted to do it again.
Saying that, we will absolutely be tempted into handing out nearly every award for Monuments Men. Best Actor, fill your boots Clooney. Fancy a Best Supporting gong? Well Damon, Blanchett and Murray are all in the queue for that one. And when it comes to the Best Picture and Best Director nods, well, let’s just say Clooney shouldn’t shave that moustache off just yet. Grab your combs, fellas.

We Like: an original twist on a well-trodden path, the magnificent cast, Clooney’s facial hair.

We don’t like: the lofty expectations that threaten to doom this picture.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 12 Sep 2013, 20:46

Thanks SG, sounds so positive. Can't wait to watch that movie Very Happy 
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 12 Sep 2013, 21:11

YAY...Excellent review! Thanks SG Thumbs up! 
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 12 Sep 2013, 21:21

My crystal ball is telling he will win. I believe he will. And that ball has been right 3 days in a row- fantastic week. Smile
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 12 Sep 2013, 21:57

At last!!! someone who notices true talent....TASH TASH TASH...my one and

my only.....XXX❤ I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Giddy with expectation........I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 

Palpitating with unbridled hope I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 

A vibrating vortex of excitement I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

A sensual assault on the good 'ol Red Carpet I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 

ALL BECAUSE OF A TALENTED TASH....I love you

we will always have Rye Wink
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 12 Sep 2013, 22:09

Nicky80 wrote:Thanks SG, sounds so positive. Can't wait to watch that movie   Very Happy 
Me too cheers 
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Sep 2013, 00:15

Oh dear......I hope it's not putting the kiss of death
on the film.

Too much too soon me thinks !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down