George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013

+3
it's me
Joanna
laetval
7 posters

Go down

Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 Empty Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013

Post by laetval Tue 23 Jul 2013, 16:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The first round of movie announcements has been made for this year's Toronto International Film Festival, and 34 world premieres are on the list.

At a TIFF press conference Tuesday, dozens of high-profile gala films and special presentations were announced, suggesting a who's who of actors and filmmakers will be coming to Toronto for the 37th edition of the festival.

The galas include Ron Howard's Rush (with Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl), a biopic of Formula 1 driver Niki Lauda; and The Railway Man (Jonathan Teplitzky), which stars Nicole Kidman, Stellan Skarsgard and Colin Firth in a biopic of Eric Lomax, a British officer held prisoner by the Japanese during the Second World War — who later tracks down his captors.

Then there's John Wells' August: Osage County, a family saga based on Tracy Letts' Pulitzer Prize-winning play and starring Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts and Juliette Lewis.

On the Cancon gala front, Don McKellar directs The Grand Seduction, a comedy about locals who conspire to get a big city doctor to stay in their village. This English remake of the hit Quebecois film (La Grande Seduction) stars Taylor Kitsch, Brendan Gleeson and Cathy Jones. The Art Of The Steal, Jonathan Sobol's film (with Jay Baruchel, Kurt Russell and Matt Dillon) about a thieving team of brothers is a Canadian production; and after years of directing successful TV series, Canadian Jeremiah Chechik returns to features with The Right Kind of Wrong, an underdog tale starring Ryan Kwanten, Will Sasso, Catherine O'Hara and Sara Canning.
Canadian actor Mike Myers makes his directorial debut with the documentary Supermensch: The Legend Of Shep Gordon, a film about the legendary talent manager and all-round good guy.

Special presentations include such films as Devil's Knot, the Atom Egoyan-directed crime thriller with Reese Witherspoon and Stephen Moyer that's based on the true story of the child murders at Robin Hood Hills and the West Memphis Three; The Double, the movie on which stars Mia Wasikowska and Jesse Eisenberg fell in love; Dom Hemingway, which stars Jude Law as a safecracker fresh out of prison and keen to recover his money; and Felony, a movie written by and starring Joel Edgerton, about a cop who hides a crime he commits after a night of drinking.

Other highlights are Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity, a sci-fi thriller with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney drifting through space; The Invisible Woman, a film directed by and starring Ralph Fiennes, about Charles Dickens and his young lover; and Jason Reitman's Labor Day, a drama with Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin, about a single mother and her son and the escaped convict they encounter.

Watch also for Bad Words, a comedy about spelling bees that is Jason Bateman's feature directorial debut; Can A Song Save Your Life, a music industry comedy with Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo and Hailee Steinfeld; and Dallas Buyer's Club, with Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner. Hateship Loveship is a film based on an Alice Munro short story that stars Hailee Steinfeld, Guy Pearce and Kristen Wiig; Night Moves is Kelly Reichardt's new film (starring Jesse Eisenberg and Dakota Fanning) about environmentalists who plan to blow up a dam; and You Are Here is a road trip comedy with Owen Wilson and Zach Galifianakis.

The festival will present a work in progress in The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Him and Her, a two-part film about a marriage told from the different perspectives of husband and wife; James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain and Viola Davis star.

In addition to celebrities and industry insiders, TIFF is expected to attract close to half a million attendees to Toronto this year and millions of tourist dollars. The festival runs Sept. 5-15.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 Empty Re: Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013

Post by Joanna Tue 23 Jul 2013, 17:52

I'm looking forward to Gravity, August:Osage County 
and Rush very much.
Also Matt Damon and Colin Firth's new films too.
An Autumn film fest to enjoy when the 
dark nights return.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013 Empty Re: Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, George Clooney films coming to TIFF 2013

Post by it's me Tue 23 Jul 2013, 23:14

Sept. 5-15?
Right after Venice???
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:15

it's me wrote:Sept. 5-15?
Right after Venice???

VFF premiere of Gravity is on Aug 27, remember.
So plenty of time.  TIFF is almost always straight after VFF.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 24 Jul 2013, 12:27

Ma non era il 28?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 24 Jul 2013, 12:33

Juliette Hardy wrote:
it's me wrote:Sept. 5-15?
Right after Venice???

VFF premiere of Gravity is on Aug 27, remember.
So plenty of time.  TIFF is almost always straight after VFF.

From their website:

It will screen Aug. 28, following the festival’s opening ceremony.

And actually, they always overlap by a day or two. So, TIFF always starts before VFF ends.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 24 Jul 2013, 12:47

Thanks Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Wed 24 Jul 2013, 13:27

Oops, thanks for info. I got excited thinking  George will probably make his grand entrance there on the 27th, photo-call/ press conference next morning, premiere in evening...cameraclick
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 24 Jul 2013, 14:38

Isn't usually the same day??
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Wed 24 Jul 2013, 16:04

Yes, you're right.
He usually arrives in the morning, on the day of the premiere by helicopter.

Scusi, but I'm rather ditzy today.  Embarassed 
I used to go the day before, so I've got my wires crossed...
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 24 Jul 2013, 16:45

Didn't His Nibs hire a coach the year before last to take the cast of Ides from Laglio where they were staying to the Venice Lido?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 24 Jul 2013, 17:05

A coach
Mmm
For?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 24 Jul 2013, 20:55

looks like a lot of good movies coming out
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down