George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013

+19
amaretti
Joanna
pandabear
Lakin460
lelacorb
isogotit
Way2Old4Dis
phys major
NotAvailable
theminis
m4rose
Missa
party animal - not!
watching
Katiedot
OofOof
annemarie
melbert
silly girl
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013

Post by m4rose Tue 07 May 2013, 04:24

I just hope there isn't any lightening near by because Stacy would be a lightening rod for sure in that outfit! Guess you could say she has a personality that is electric......or my that is a shocking look......or she is a flash of brilliance in that outfit.....oh I could go on but I won't.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stacy going to the Metropolitan Costume Gala 2013

Post by melbert Tue 07 May 2013, 04:25

Thank you!!! just kidding M4!! hahahahahaha
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 07 May 2013, 04:32

M4 you are funny! Those shoes were a step too far. I think it just kind of didn't work..the designer tried too hard.

Stacy doesn't look comfortable either.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 07 May 2013, 04:47

I like that she (or designer) made the effort to be punkish, also like the just out of bed hair, shoes not doing it or me - but I don't tend to get all caught up in the right shoes with the right dress brouhaha -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 07 May 2013, 04:50

At first I thought the same thing but I don't think the designer did her any service with that dress. She looks like Joan of Arc and they should have done some high heels instead. I guess it looks like it's try hard instead of punk. And, at first I liked the hair but not so much now. Just looks dirty.

I guess, looking at all the rest of the dresses, she looks under dressed and she doesn't have that smile she usually does on the red carpet. She looks uncomfortable.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 07 May 2013, 04:56

Well I will disagree as she looks very happy in some of the photos she tweeted - but whatever mi case is still tu casa!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 07 May 2013, 05:01

Ok...we'll agree to disagree cuz I wanna come to your house. Very Happy
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 07 May 2013, 05:04

Just hop on a plane and before you do, see if you can raid Stacys wardrobe for me first, she does get to wear some nice stuff at times (see back on topic)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 07 May 2013, 05:30

those Isabel Marrant boots are MINE
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 07 May 2013, 06:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stacy Keibler Brings Her Gams & Leaves George Clooney At Home For The Met Gala!

5/06/2013 10:34 PM ET | Filed under: Fashion Smashion • Met Gala • New York • Red Carpet • Rachel Roy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We soooo would've loved to see George Clooney all punked out!
But we guess seeing Stacy Keibler rock a far less glam goddess look than usual will do us well for now.

And she certainly went for something funky in her metallic Rachel Roy mini dress for the Met Gala!

With a messy, relaxed hairstyle, Stacy looked like a fashionable punk babe from the future!

The one thing we're not loving?
Those shoes…seriously…what are they doing on her feet?!

Stacy Keibler - Met Ball 2013 Red Carpet

Stacy Keibler shines while arriving on the red carpet at the 2013 Met Gala held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Monday (May 6) in New York City.

The 33-year-old actress looked glam in a Rachel Roy dress with Jacob & Co. jewels.

This year’s Costume Institute Gala Benefit – celebrating the opening of the Punk: Chaos to Couture exhibition – is co-chaired by Rooney Mara, Moda Operandi creative director Lauren Santo Domingo, Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci, and Vogue editor Anna Wintour.

Stacy Keibler In Rachel Roy – 2013 Met Gala

Stacy Keibler looked edgy in Rachel Roy on the Met Gala red carpet.

George Clooney’s former flame was one of the few guests who went for a short look tonight, and the studded, sheer-sleeved custom dress was perfect for the occasion–plus it shows off her most famous asset–those legs!

Stacy usually wears her hair up on the red carpet, and if it is down, it’s polished and smooth, so her textured waves is a major departure, and I like it. It’s definitely edgier than her normal style, and perfect for the night’s theme.

Do you like Stacy’s short cocktail dress, or do you think a long gown would have been more appropriate?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 07 May 2013, 06:59

I think its attractive for the stand out look. She does appear at times not to be comfortable, but who knows why? Can be several reasons other than the outfit. Perhaps the paps there were saying things? Notice how the last gossip called her the "former" flame, just to show a possible point?

I have noticed Stacy's looks do make her stand out in a crowd, but having said that, that's not necessarily a bad thing. She's an attractive person and standing out in any way only makes you more noticeable. Its good to use that to advantage, if one can.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 07 May 2013, 07:02

Wow Joannie I missed that "former" thing. What do they mean by that I wonder? I don't think they're over yet myself but what the hell do I know.

I guess I don't think she looks comfortable. Not her best look. Think it was a bit dressed down while everyone else was trying to do the ballroom schtick.

I'm not a Giselle fan but have to say her look was pretty good and she was wearing a miini as well. It was more flowing and not so heavy looking.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 07 May 2013, 08:02

I don't think punks smile a lot - that could be her "interpretation" of being punk so when doing to the official shots, she was in character.

Also with all those studs and leather on the dress, it may be heavy making it a bit uncomfortable. Also, isn't the Met Gala like the Oscars? You don't wear a short dress......

I actually like that they tried to do something punk - what the fuck were Gwyneth Paltrow and Katie Holmes thinking? having said that, Anna Wintour didn't do punk either so......
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 07 May 2013, 09:06

People Exclusive:

Exclusive First Look: The Sketch of Stacy Keibler’s Rachel Roy Met Gala Gown
05/06/2013 at 08:32 PM ET

Stacy Keibler must have had designers clamoring to dress her for the Met Gala. After all, she’s tall, gorgeous and makes a designer dress look amazing. But for tonight’s big event, the lucky designer was Rachel Roy, who created a super-sexy minidress for the star that was in keeping with the theme of the night, Punk: Chaos to Couture.

“Stacy exudes confidence and sophistication and was up for doing something with edge to honor Vogue’s Punk theme for the Costume Institute Gala,” Roy tells PEOPLE. ” I knew I wanted to create something short and worked closely with her stylist Brad Goreski to create a silhouette to highlight gorgeous gams.”

It’s not just a big night for Roy, but a big night for Keibler too — it’s her first ever Met Gala. “She’s forever optimistic and as this was her first time at the Met Gala, I wanted to make sure she felt beautiful in the dress I created for her. And judging by Keibler’s gorgeous red carpet appearance, it paid off. “She felt not only beautiful but strong and alluring,” Roy shares.

Tell us: What do you think of Keibler’s look?

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 07 May 2013, 11:18

I liked it she wasn't over the top like a lot, most didn't even do punk . would have been worse if she came dressed like Madonna.

Ricardo Tisci dressed Kim K not Kanye.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 07 May 2013, 11:37

There were some truly dreadful dresses on the red carpet that night. I think Stacy was the least of anyone's worries.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 07 May 2013, 13:01

Maybe I'm missing something where is the punked out costume? Cause punk never looked like that! It looks like a regular designer dress to me..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 07 May 2013, 13:05

SK went for the 'Blade Runner Goes Glam Goth' look.

Which may pass for 'punk' at some point in the post-apocalyptic future.

I wonder if her facial expression is meant to go with the theme. But she just looks sad to me.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Tue 07 May 2013, 13:38

OofOof wrote:Now if you want a good belly laugh, check out Kim Kardashian's "look." Apparently flowers are punk?

Kim Kardashian looked horrible.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 07 May 2013, 14:23

What was it, the exhibition of the horrors of fashion?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 07 May 2013, 14:46

First video...she is at about the 3:06 mark:

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Tue 07 May 2013, 14:58

So NOT feeling SK's outfit or those out of space shoes.
isogotit
isogotit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 07 May 2013, 15:13

Cindrella at the Ball......but the Prince is busy elsewhere.

I just went through 82 pics of celebs at the Gala and frankly, none looked impressive to me, several looked glum, even sullen and 'severaler' looked absolutely ridiculous in their getups. If this event is dubbed the Oscars of the fashion world, I'd say it was a poor showing this year. My opinion and I'm stickin' to it!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Tue 07 May 2013, 17:48

very disappointed in this outfit, if she was in Las Vegas opening a restaurant or bar it would fit, but this is the Met Gala she should have been dressed glamourous with a little bit of edge. I don't think this outfit fit in with this event. Didn't this designer dress Jessica Alba? Stacy looked very much out of place.

pandabear

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 07 May 2013, 17:56

The designer Rachel Roy dressed and helped Brad style Stacy. Brad styled Alba himself and she was in another designer's dress. Sadly, I don't think Rachel Roy is that great of a designer. Her ready to wear stuff is really boring.

I agree with everyone. With few exceptions, the "style" at this event was way over rated and why they have a theme when no one either understands it or does it is beyond me. I watched the Vogue Live Red carpet coverage, which was beyond horrible. But I have to say the funniest part was seeing how truly stupid most of the fashion people really are. Not the designers so much as the models. Those women are clueless beings! When asked very simple questions they would smile and simply say "whaaaaat?"

And, watching the two Vogue interviewers and who they thought they should suck up to was hysterical! The one interviewer was a model--Hilary Rhoda--and OMG this girl was priceless. At one point she was interviewing an up and coming singer who will be a flash in the pan. Colin Firth and his wife walked in front of their camera without realizing it. They all started shouting at Mr. Firth--a well known actor, who had no idea he was intruding--because Hilary, a second tier model interviewing a one hit wonder, was being walked in front of! Got a great laugh from that one.

The event is nothing more than a chance for the rich and pretentious to get together and show off. And the fact that George doesn't do these things makes me like him more.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 07 May 2013, 18:01

Puts a whole new twist on the term "clothes horse". Dress 'em up, parade 'em around. What a shallow lifestyle.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 07 May 2013, 18:20

Colin Firth's wife Livia Giuggioli is an Eco campaigner and designs
Eco fashion, amongst her other Eco activities.
I wonder if she was showing anything there ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 07 May 2013, 18:24

Mm, shallow was the word that came to my mind. And no wonder His Nibs avoids these things (apart from the obligatory Armani year which seemed a lot classier - of course -). It just felt to me as if quite a lot of them had felt they ought to go, or were told to go by their agents

Tho to be there for the first time ever would probably have been pretty amazing. Would any of us have turned down an invite?

The Met features a bit in 'Monuments Men', as Matt Damon's returns to his job there at the end of the war.

Wonder how many went to around the museum and looked at the art............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 07 May 2013, 18:37

I think the problem with the event is the theme idea. The Met wanted to do an exhibit about the influence of Punk on fashion so then the ball had to use that theme. The problem is so many didn't get it right and if they did it was not that attractive because let's face ---punk is not pretty. I like what SJP said when describing her fastener and why she wore it. She basically said she tried to think of architectural elements that punk inspired and went from there. She had the bold colors, the tartan and the mohawk. Even though it wasn't that attractive she did homage to the "look". Most got it wrong although SK is landing on some best dressed lists..I think it was a good attempt at Punk. Like I said most got it wrong because I think they confused punk with goth. Some didn't do anything at all which is why the Met shouldn't have suggested the type of clothing to wear. Just make it a ball or fancy dress event without having people worry about the theme.

I think I rambled but you hopefully you get the drift.

Oh and the Met is my favorite museum and I would love to go to an event there just to walk around at night and soak it in. I think that is lost on so many of the guests.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 07 May 2013, 18:58

This looks a lovely Exhibition on until the end of May.
I love Monet.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 07 May 2013, 19:06

Okay, Jo. Let's go. Shall we dress as punks and see if they let us in....?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 07 May 2013, 19:57

party animal - not! wrote:Okay, Jo. Let's go. Shall we dress as punks and see if they let us in....?

Lol...OK....won't be difficult for me !
See you at Heathrow soon.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 07 May 2013, 20:35

thanks, Jo, for the link. I'm not much of an art aficianado, so it was a bit of a surprise to me to know that Monet was not just an impressionist painter. Loved "Women in the Garden" and the way he used light. You broaden my horizons, dear. First opera, now art. You're a good influence on me, even if you can tell a good dirty joke now and then! Ha!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 07 May 2013, 20:45

Oh Lakin I'm speechless flower

Except to say my joke file has missed your contributions ! lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 07 May 2013, 22:13

It seems like a lot of the people who attended this event aren't the type to do punk. It seems like a lot of the designers got caught up on the met part sticking to the glam instead of going with punk elements. Just my opinion but I think a few of these people were too old to pull off punk.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 07 May 2013, 23:26

Lainey's rather sad take on it:

I don’t hate it. Not at all. It’s far from the worst of the night. Or the most boring. Or the most Try. It’s not a mega standout but that’s OK too. It wouldn’t have been possible for Stacy Keibler, without George Clooney, to rise to the top anyway. But middle of the pack is about right. The dress -- Rachel Roy -- is great on her body and I’m kind of loving those shoes for where we are.

Something about the expression on her face though...

Why does she look so...shy?

Stacy was last seen in Germany with George in March, flying there after it was reported that the “end is near” for them. I wrote at the time that it’s not that the rumours weren’t true, it’s just that George prefers to control his own stories.

They’ve now been apart for another good stretch. And breakup speculation is likely to begin again soon. Might be time for another visit then.

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 07 May 2013, 23:44

I would have loved to have gone to the Met .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Wed 08 May 2013, 00:39

It appears she did not get the dress code memo. LOL.
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 08 May 2013, 00:55

Celebitchy's take on Stacy's dress: One of the Worst Looks of the Night

[/quote] I was all prepared to make Stacy Keibler the lead girl for this post until I saw the mess that is Jessica Pare. Jessica plays Megan Draper on Mad Men, remember? And Jessica is trying to make this “Fashion Girl” thing happen, so she’s been doing more and more fashion events over the past two years. Jessica wore Jason Wu – one of her favorite designers – to the Met Gala last night. Sigh… ugh.

I had been sitting here, wondering if anyone had the temerity to actually wear pants to the Met Gala, and now I’m sorry for wondering. I don’t know if Jason Wu collaborated with Jessica on this look, or if she was like, “Hey, let’s cut the skirt off of this terrible dress and I’ll wear it with pants!” Whatever happened in the design process was a complete failure. And I will give her no credit for trying to “make it work” by matching her eyeshadow. NO CREDIT.

Stacy Keibler in Rachel Roy. Blah. The dress is nothing special, but the shoes are God-awful.
[quote]

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 08 May 2013, 01:42

What does one do to get invited to the Met Gala ? Do you volunteer . give your time , your soul , please tell me .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 08 May 2013, 01:47

Can I host or prepare a special dinner in my home or in their home ?

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 08 May 2013, 01:51

Please tell me I am not an aggressive type of person. Very Happy

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 08 May 2013, 02:07

Amaretti you need to suck up to Anna Wintour really really really well. Make some of your wonderful cocktails maybe? Or, you could find yourself a really rich old guy who would get an invite because of his status and go with him then dump him after the show!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 08 May 2013, 03:38

You callous woman Oof
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 08 May 2013, 04:24

That's me! Hey, it's a way in right? Very Happy If Stacy can do it, why can't I? Find myself a sugar daddy like G and enjoy life for a bit. Sounding better every day!!!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 08 May 2013, 05:36

party animal - not! wrote:Tho to be there for the first time ever would probably have been pretty amazing. Would any of us have turned down an invite?
Yup, I'd have been there like a shot! Although I realise now that I'd have to trample down Amaretti to get in! Wink

silly girl wrote:I think the problem with the event is the theme idea. The Met wanted to do an exhibit about the influence of Punk on fashion so then the ball had to use that theme. The problem is so many didn't get it right
Totally agree.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 08 May 2013, 05:45

Have to admit, it would be a blast to go to that just to people watch if nothing else. The exhibit sounds pretty interesting as well. But, this year's "fashion" tanked. People either played it safe and wore Marchesa like prom dresses or didn't have a clue what the punk movement was all about.

And, based on some of the interviews I saw with the many models who are invited, good God those women are daft!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 08 May 2013, 05:46

NO COMMENT ON THE LOOK
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 08 May 2013, 06:24

The designers were the most at fault with that if they had time to develop some styles for it, because the ladies must choose from what is there. Considering that only a few even came close, and Stacy was as close as any. Madonna closer. Remember the spike hair, dark makeup around the eyes girls wearing strange jewelry and leather in unusual designs. Some kids took it to gothic style punky.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 08 May 2013, 12:14

The green dress is not so bad IMO

(Where the hell went those dresses? confused )
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next