George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words"

+4
cindigirl
melbert
theminis
LornaDoone
8 posters

Go down

Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" Empty Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words"

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Feb 2013, 03:01

Here's a short video about Seth's CD. It's called Music is Better Than Words.

Here's one of his videos from the CD - Anytime Anywhere

Ain't That A Kick In The Head

Duh, finally found the CD title song Music is Better Than Words

With Sara Bareilles - Love Won't Let You Get Away

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 04:12; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added two videos)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" Empty Re: Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words"

Post by theminis Sun 24 Feb 2013, 03:34

There is an article (was it posted here) that said Seth McFarlane raised a lot of laughs at the rehearsal, so hopefully in for a good show! (will see if I can find it).
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words" Empty Re: Seth MacFarlane 2013 Oscars Host's "Music Is Better Than Words"

Post by theminis Sun 24 Feb 2013, 03:36

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Early reviews for Seth MacFarlane's Oscar-hosting skills are very positive.

Of course, the Academy Awards won't be presented until Sunday, but MacFarlane won laughs from the show's director during a rehearsal Thursday night inside the Dolby Theatre.

The 39-year-old entertainer wore jeans and sneakers as he practiced the various introductions he'll make on show night.

"Excellent. Looks really, really good, Seth," director Don Mischer's voice boomed over a loudspeaker onstage. "You're getting lots of laughs in the control room."

The jokes? We're sworn to secrecy but yes, very funny.

___

Sandra Bullock got a few laughs of her own at the rehearsal. The actress breezed through the theater for a quick rehearsal wearing sky-high heels with cropped pants and pin-straight hair, a credential hanging from her neck. She chewed gum, chatted with MacFarlane and left the show's producers cracking up.

Link: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/oscar-host-macfarlane-wins-laughs-during-rehearsal-163520430.html
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 24 Feb 2013, 04:55

It's funny, he reminds me of Michael Buble in that you don't expect that genre of music coming from the two of them. Both beautiful voices! "old soul voices"
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:25

Just had to post this one too. I've always loved this song too. From Sound of Music - "Something Good"

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:33

Thanks Lorna - I never heard of him before but I see he has a beautiful singing voice (and I might add a sexy speaking voice).

And another positive point, he's not wearing a beard. He might be my new crush. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:41

I was reading an online article about the Oscars this morning - not sure where - should have copied the url.

Anyway, it said that the Oscars tonight will NOT end with the Best Picture Award.

Seth is going to do a big musical production number with Kristin Chenowoth (I think that's her name). So if that's true then this will be an interesting ending for the show.

I've set my DVR to tape it and have extended the taping time by 30 minutes just to make sure I get it all since these shows tend to go over!!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:48

Lorna...the song is from film Gigi.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:51

Classy stuff, Mr MacFarlane...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:57

Thanks for the videos...he's my kind of guy. Love the songs. I heard about the musical ending. Should be interesting I like Kristen Chenowith....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Feb 2013, 18:00

Joanna wrote:Lorna...the song is from film Gigi.

Hi, Joanna, which song is from Gigi?

Something Good is from The Sound of Music.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 24 Feb 2013, 18:39

Um...the video played The Night They Invented Champagne...it's that one from Gigi.

Oooooooo.....it's changed now to the one you mentioned....

Ghoolies and Ghosties in my iPad !!! affraid affraid
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Feb 2013, 18:48

Joanna wrote:Um...the video played The Night They Invented Champagne...it's that one from Gigi.

Oooooooo.....it's changed now to the one you mentioned....

Ghoolies and Ghosties in my iPad !!! affraid affraid

You know it's probably not your iPad. That is also one of the songs Seth sings and it's on a list for that YouTube page. So maybe it went to that song first? Not sure but it may be an explanation.

And yes, you are correct The Night They Invented Champagne is from Gigi - one of my favorite films. I love the scenes of Louis Jordan at night in front of the lighted fountains with Louis only seen in shadow. Of course, the film - when you think about it - is a bit creepy - if you look at it from the older man with a just barely out of school young woman.

Ah hell, now I screwed up that film for myself! Aarrgh!

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 18:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding words like 'with')
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 24 Feb 2013, 18:55

Oh you are a hoot !!!

What about the film Lolita from years ago ???
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Feb 2013, 19:05

Joanna wrote:Oh you are a hoot !!!

What about the film Lolita from years ago ???

I know what the film is about but have never seen it!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 24 Feb 2013, 19:16

it's really nice
get and see it Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 24 Feb 2013, 19:21

the song

Gigi:
The night they invented champagne
It's plain as it can be
They thought of you and me
They absolutely knew
That all we'd want to do is
Fly to the sky on champagne
And shout to everyone in sight
That since that world began
No woman or a man has ever been as happy as we are tonight!

Gaston:
It's plain as it can be
They thought of you and me
They absolutely knew
That all we'd want to do is
Fly to the sky on champagne
And shout to everyone in sight
That since that world began
No woman or a man has ever been as happy as we are tonight!

Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down