George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?)

3 posters

Go down

Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) Empty Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?)

Post by silly girl Sat 29 Dec 2012, 14:55

Saw this online:

Sherwood Oaks College Announces Screenwriting Workshops in Los Angeles

A recent publication on the popular eHow.com website listed Sherwood Oaks College as one of the best screenwriting workshops in Los Angeles. The school, which is located on Hollywood Boulevard, provides each student with cutting-edge filmmaking seminars which allows them to succeed even in the toughest environments at a very reasonable investment.

Sherwood Oaks College has also been featured in People Magazine and a number of film and screenwriting magazines. The school helped jumpstart the careers of Hollywood celebrities James Cameron, Sylvester Stallone and Nancy Myers. Stallone filmed the first Rocky movie while he was a student at the school and James Cameron went on to create many blockbuster hits such as Avatar and the Titanic.

"Thanks to Sherwood Oaks, I met Richard Chamberlain and Michael Madsen and got my film made, Strength and Honor. I was fortunate to be on the Today Show and have over 18 wins and 32 nominations. I am working on two more projects. William Morris has asked me if I would like representation.Thank you Gary Shusett!" - Mark Mahon

The school offers several different course styles each of which are designed to suit the varying tastes of different students. The most popular class format is named "Close Encounters" and with only 18 students per session, it's one of the smallest classes available. The remaining course styles are named the "Rotating Roundtable" and the "Panel Discussion."

Each course features film industry professionals who are available to answer questions and provide insights into how to succeed in Hollywood. Gary Shusett, the founder of the school said, "We open our contact lists to you. Nowhere else in the world is there an opportunity for this unprecedented access for such a small investment of both time and money."

A few of the classes scheduled for 2013 are already sold out. Prospective students are encouraged to visit the school's website to sign up as soon as possible for the remaining courses. The website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hosts the Course Catalog, videos, success stories and testimonials.

Top Talent class on January 29 to 31, 2013 along with the celebrity dinner provides a once in a life opportunity to meet such talent as George Clooney, Quentin Tarantino among other celebrities along with the officers of companies of top actors and directors who are looking for new material including your script.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by silly girl on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 15:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had wrong year...oops)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) Empty Re: Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?)

Post by LornaDoone Sat 29 Dec 2012, 15:03

Yup, for $1000 bucks you too can meet a star!

The disclaimer is interesting - basically it's a here's who is invited, we're just not sure which star(s) will attend.

But thanks for the link. There are some interesting classes there.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?) Empty Re: Screenwriting-Workshops-in-Los-Angeles-2013 (Dinner with George?)

Post by melbert Sat 29 Dec 2012, 17:46

I think he might be a no-show, 'cuz he'll be starting Monuments won't he?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down