George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 EmptyToday at 20:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4

+9
Barbara Garabedian
Mazy
amaretti
it's me
Joanna
Atalante
fluffy
silly girl
laetval
13 posters

Go down

George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 Empty George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4

Post by laetval Wed 28 Nov 2012, 08:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hollywood superstar George Clooney features in a new angling show being aired on Channel 4 this weekend.

Fishing For Trouble follows the adventures of Time Magazine’s Africa correspondent Alex Perry as he tries to fit in some fishing in a war zone.
Alex has reported on more than 20 conflicts across Asia, the Middle East and Africa, including Iraq and Afghanistan.
This time he’s in troubled South Sudan, and for his downtime he decides to try and catch a Nile perch.
While travelling through the region, accompanied by an armed guard, Alex bumps into George Clooney, a fervent supporter of South Sudan, on the banks of the Nile.
This is more than just a fishing adventure, as Perry, through his passion for fishing, tells the story of the world’s newest nation.
The programme will be broadcast on Channel 4 at 12.30am on Sunday morning and the programme makers – Bigballs Films – hope a full series will be commissioned.

Fishing For Trouble Q&A

How did it come about?
Alex Perry, Time magazine’s war correspondent, came to Bigballs Films with the idea of Fishing for Trouble a couple of years ago, to combine fishing in war zones with telling the story of that country, and together they developed the pilot that is broadcasting on December 2nd.

Is it a one off?
It was commissioned as a pilot episode, and Channel 4 will make a decision in the coming weeks about whether to make a series.

Where do they fish?
The bulk of the episode takes place on the Nile in an area of South Sudan called The Sudd, which is one of the world's last great wildernesses.

What challenges did they face?
Heat, crocodiles, hippos, all the usual challenges of fishing in Africa.

What did they catch?
Not a lot! A very small Nile perch was caught (not exactly by design) in a net when Alex Perry fell out of a dug-out canoe into the Nile and twisted his leg around the net.

What’s it like fishing in a war zone?
Additional threat of land mines, armed gangs, and the constant threat of military action on the border made fishing in South Sudan rather more dangerous than your average fishing trip. The crew had a Kalashnikov-toting guard with them at all times!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 Empty Re: George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4

Post by silly girl Wed 28 Nov 2012, 08:39

You beat me too it Wink

Just saw this myself lol---so who has this channel and do you think they will post the video?

thanks!

Last edited by silly girl on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 08:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional thought)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4 Empty Re: George Clooney In New Angling Show For Channel 4

Post by fluffy Wed 28 Nov 2012, 08:42

Thanks girls!! Could someone make George a little bigger please! He's missing off the above, nice "ear" though!!!!! George in HD coming up!!!! cheers

fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 28 Nov 2012, 09:18

Curious on the channel4 website it's said it'll be on air monday not sunday :

About Fishing and trouble : Veteran war correspondent and passionate fisherman Alex Perry visits South Sudan, searching for the Nile perch and revealing the story of the world's newest nation

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 28 Nov 2012, 12:15

Clooney should have joined Miss Joanne Lumely on her trip in Africa following the Nile. Link Very Happy

The Cloonz looks very very very old !!! Twisted Evil

Running around in Africa seems to be very popular these days. Belgium, well Flanders got its own travelshow Dr. Livingstone, starting today. Suspect
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 28 Nov 2012, 12:53

Atalante wrote:

The Cloonz looks very very very old !!! Twisted Evil

So ? confused
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 28 Nov 2012, 13:08

but when was that?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 28 Nov 2012, 14:40

Dr Livingston I presume . He hehe

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 29 Nov 2012, 12:21

I found out that the time is 12.30 midnight on Sunday. What a time to put on a program! But it's about fishing and that guy is going after a nile perch, but snagged our Georgie! Hell! I'd start fishing if it brought in a catch like George!!!! poisson davril
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 30 Nov 2012, 00:59

Curious on the channel4 website it's said it'll be on air monday not sunday :

I am most likely wrong but when I went to get more info it said that it was not on 4oD. I assume that means you cannot watch it on the computer.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Garabedian Sun 02 Dec 2012, 07:28

I would like to watch this fishing for trouble. looks interesting and what is going on in sudan. George has done wonder for Sudan and so has many others. I think this would be an interesting and educational program. bg

Barbara Garabedian
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 02 Dec 2012, 09:09

Mazy wrote:Curious on the channel4 website it's said it'll be on air monday not sunday :

I am most likely wrong but when I went to get more info it said that it was not on 4oD. I assume that means you cannot watch it on the computer.

Sunday am

Just checked and it now says "coming soon to 4oD" !!
So fingers crossed for you all not in UK.

I'll record it as I'm going away to Cornwall later, but I don't think I'd be able to do anything with it for you to share it.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Dec 2012, 14:17

You can just tell us all about Joanna and how exciting it was to watch him dip his worm in the river holding his rod. Oh, did I just make fishing sexual???? Actually, I think it will be pretty cool and hope that it eventually comes on YouTube or at least on some website so we can all enjoy it.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 03 Dec 2012, 08:59

Hi Girlies, just seen the program from last nite, G' sin it for about 2 mins from approx 22/24 mins in the program, just talking about the statellite program and giving a voice to Sudan. Very short but verrrry sweet. He's lookin F A B!!!!!!!!! Wasn't bothered about the fish!!!! rendeer
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 03 Dec 2012, 09:13

For only those who can watch the program, here is the link :

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 03 Dec 2012, 13:22

Shucks! Not available!!! Thanks anyway Laetval. And thank you Fluffy for watching it and letting us know!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Love hides in his hair. Tue 04 Dec 2012, 02:03

Thanks for this video this is very good for me because I don't have channel 4..If I can't watch this program,I will unhappy.

Again thanks...
Love hides in his hair.
Love hides in his hair.
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 04 Dec 2012, 05:07

I can't watch it.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 04 Dec 2012, 07:32

Error

The service is not currently available in your area. Click here to access our help section.

Yeah yeah, push any button to nothing to happen… Concentrating

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Dec 2012, 13:10

I perfectly know the sensation.... Smash computer
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down