George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance

Go down

Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance Empty Vote between George Clooney, Cary Grant or Johnny Depp and win a sample sized men's fragrance

Post by Katiedot Mon 01 Oct 2012, 07:47

A bit random, but here goes:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

September 30, 2012

New Niche Fragrance Review: Parfums M. Micallef Style + BlackTie Draw

When it comes to style men have it easy. If you’re a man and you have a basic suit, a couple of jackets, some shirts and ties to go with a few pairs of dress pants you’re pretty much good to go. You can get dressed and look stylish for almost any occasion. What hasn’t been easy for guys is to find a fragrance as easily stylish as our wardrobe. It isn’t a totally hopeless choice we face but, really guys; there are probably no more than a dozen formal men’s fragrances. That being said I really look forward to finding a new one to go on my “black tie” shelf. The new release from Parfums M. Micallef Style is going to be a new addition to that shelf.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is easy to forget that Parfums M. Micallef is really two creative people. Obviously Martine Micallef has her name on the bottle but her husband Geoffrey Nejman also has made some memorable perfumes including one of those fragrances on my “black tie” shelf, Emir. When I took my first sniff of Style M. Nejman’s style was very apparent. Where Emir was an homage to oud, Style is about evolving from spice and smoke into lavender, incense and wood. Style is all about smelling your best while also looking your best.

If you’ve ever been downwind of a bonfire and smelled your clothes as you put them in the laundry a few days later you will have an idea of the early going. There is a slightly musky, slightly smoky initial accord. What is particularly interesting is when the spices show up; cardamom, cinnamon and especially nutmeg comes off like they have been roasted in that imaginary bonfire. It makes for one of the most interesting openings I’ve experienced in quite a while. Then just like a floral breeze lavender arrives and blows away all of the smokiness. A smidge of jasmine and lily of the valley add some sweet and green, respectively, with the green keeping the lavender more on the herbal side of that note. The base gets very strong as an excellent patchouli along with frankincense and sandalwood create a very traditionally masculine base.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Style has outstanding longevity and average sillage.

As much as I am talking about Style being a “black tie” fragrance I wore it to the office one day while evaluating it and because the sillage is not overbearing it is also a good everyday fragrance. I noticed that while I was wearing it I definitely felt a little more confident and stylish even without wearing my tux.

Disclosure: This review was based on a mini provided by Parfums M. Micallef.

Thanks to Parfums M. Micallef we have a 10ml press sample of Style to giveaway. To be eligible leave a comment about whether you think Cary Grant, George Clooney or Johnny Depp embodies your idea of "black tie style" and if you have a favorite M Micallef fragrance. Style is available at Osswald NYC. Draw closes October 4, 2012.

We announce the winners only on site and on our Facebook page, so Like Cafleurebon and use our RSS option…or your dream prize will be just spilt perfume.

-Mark Behnke, Managing Editor

Editor's Note: I JUST had to add Johnny Depp ….MC

Note from katiedot: I didn't get anything for posting this. It turned up in my searches and I'm always happy to post pictures of George in a tux.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down