I forgot my password

Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Video: George Clooney on Dateline

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video: George Clooney on Dateline

Post by Katiedot on Mon Dec 06 2010, 12:59

edit - the previous link wasn't working. Try here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Admin on Sat Dec 11 2010, 11:25; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : broken link)

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Video: George Clooney on Dateline

Post by Katiedot on Mon Dec 06 2010, 13:01

As a non-American, I had no idea that this wasn't some kind of dating show. Embarassed

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 06 2010, 14:00

George on a dating show? That would be hilarious. I thought everything about this show was excellent. George using his fame to highlight what could erupt into another war/genocide in areas surrounding the Sudan. He had a lot of knowledge and demonstrated compassion. Humanitarianism is just one facet of who George Clooney is, but it is by far the most attractive facet IMO.

George said that he knows he himself will not be able to stop any war. The best hope for that lies in the diplomatic/political arena. He succeeded in bringing to the person (like me) who has no ability to travel to the Sudan info about what is going on there. A telling point was the amount of money that USA is pouring into southern Sudan now and how much more would be needed if war broke out there. I think he also wanted America to respond to her national leaders concerning what was reported.

The courage and pride of the people of southern Sudan. What they live with on a day to day basis. Virtually no education for women. Heartbreaking. Yet inspiring because of their resiliance.

Hoping for a rerun or more excerpts as the vote comes closer in January.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside on Mon Dec 06 2010, 14:06

More than anything, what we all can do to help these people is to pray/send positive energy to cover them, from now throughout the time of the election and thereafter, until we know they're going to be safe...which may be never, remember they're sitting on OIL... so be prepared to commit to long term prayer for them.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Mon Dec 06 2010, 14:08

Oh, so so true.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Mon Dec 06 2010, 18:42

Absolutely Lighter!