George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult?

+19
macs
MyGirlKylie
Lakin460
Maggy
pattygirl
cindigirl
lelacorb
Katiedot
MM
blubelle
Lighterside
Joanna
it's me
Merlin
playfuldeb
party animal - not!
annemarie
premiere
Missa
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult?

Post by MM Tue 17 Apr 2012, 19:57

macs wrote:
MM wrote:If Nick was hard on George, that is because they had a public image to maintain. People tend to judge parents by they way their children behave in public. But, that was the way it was back then. Everybody had to behave in public, have good manners, etc., or you were judged severely. Alas, today's children don't know how to behave properly because they are allowed to get away with behavior that their parents were not allowed to do so when the were children. It puts a smile on my face when I see a well-trained child.

Oh, BTW, this reminds me of my experience at the meet-and-greet at the University of Cincinnati last May, when Nick gave a lecture. The woman professor that I know at UC, who was a NKU classmate of George, and I sat across the dinner table from Nick and Nina.

While Nina and the professor were chatting, I half-listened to their conversation, with both my elbows on the table and holding my chin in one hand. I happened to glance in Nick's direction, and he was imitating my pose with a this-is-how-silly-you-look-with-your-elbows-on-the-table-young-lady expression on his face.

I just smiled back at him, promptly took my elbows off the table, and sat up straight, trying not to laugh out loud. I was totally amused by this incident, since all parents in my generation trained their children to have good table manners.

Oh.... I have so poor manners I'll be so selfconscious and ashamed to be around them
nice story anyway, love your reaction, you kept your cool !
LOL at Nick for alling people out like that in public, probably the dad in him

Yes, I was just thinking about that. Well, once a dad, always a dad!!
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you think George's childhood affects him as an adult?

Post by pattygirl Tue 17 Apr 2012, 20:45

My youngest daughter is 4 mo. younger than George, and my second youngest son, is about Ada's age, so you know that I am in the same age bracket as Nick and Nina. It was a different world then. We expected our children to behave, at home and in public situations, that included sports competitions, awards dinners, dinners in restaurants (which were few an far between because of cost) and really first and foremost, Church followed closely by school. If you misbehaved in school and parent was called to school, boy were you in for it. It didn't happen often, in fact very rarely, and yes, out children knew they represented the family name, they knew that as long as they behaved well (didn't have to have exceptional marks) they pleased us. They always knew we loved them, but they strived to make us like them as well. We were, and I am, so proud of what they all have achieved in both their professional and private lives. I am just as sure that Nick and Nina feel the same about both Ada and George as well as their grandchildren.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 17 Apr 2012, 21:20

big hugs to all of you!

Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1

(nice pic, JO Very Happy )
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 17 Apr 2012, 21:42

Sorry, Jo, I forgot to complement you on your avatar. Man, I wish I could have gone to the prom with George. I would have been the right age for him. But, I was living on the other side of the river, unfortunately.

Last edited by MM on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 15:34; edited 1 time in total
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 18 Apr 2012, 00:15

Couldn't you find a ... boat ? scratch
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Apr 2012, 00:37

Thanks MM....courtesy of macs !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 19 Apr 2012, 13:12

Atalante wrote:Couldn't you find a ... boat ? scratch

Ha, Ha, Atlante. At that time, I did not know that George existed. I knew about Nina, but I did not know how many childlren they had, their ages, etc. Well, if I knew about George and wanted to find him, I could have driven across the Newport, Kentucky bridge and taken Route 8 to Augusta, Kentucky and asked directions to Augusta High School. ROTFLMBO. lol!
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Apr 2012, 13:36

...interesting.... so that was the address.... Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:08

pattygirl wrote:I think just about everybody is somehow affected by their childhood.  Some for the good, some not so good.  George, like most of us, took those trying years and used them to make himself what he is today.  He is a man who is very family oriented, compassionate, kind, creative, productive, filled with a need to make life better for those who want, and at the same time, filled with a spirit of fun.  He needs to feel that all those who come into his sphere feel comfortable, wanted, and fulfilled.

We may not care for his taste in women, but that doesn't change anything else about him.  I think we should be able to accept that one failing in our eyes.
I know this post is from a year ago, but I couldn't agree more.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:31

I think so too, everybody is affected by their childhood. Or time prior that actually. Genes, brain development connected to the mother´s hormone levels, stress, childhood living conditions and later in life person´s own choices. Yes, true.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Sat 24 Aug 2013, 16:31

Katiedot wrote:
pattygirl wrote:I think just about everybody is somehow affected by their childhood.  Some for the good, some not so good.  George, like most of us, took those trying years and used them to make himself what he is today.  He is a man who is very family oriented, compassionate, kind, creative, productive, filled with a need to make life better for those who want, and at the same time, filled with a spirit of fun.  He needs to feel that all those who come into his sphere feel comfortable, wanted, and fulfilled.

We may not care for his taste in women, but that doesn't change anything else about him.  I think we should be able to accept that one failing in our eyes.
I know this post is from a year ago, but I couldn't agree more.
The hard part of being poor is not to embrace it--not seeing your circumstances as a definition of who you are. I think it is especially hard if you have known wealth and then poverty comes along. I've shared the same journey.

George is to be commended for keeping his head about him and rising above it but not forgetting how it felt.

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Sun 25 Aug 2013, 03:59

and....he's probably still in love with his first little girlfriend. flower 
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2