George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter

+6
sandwiches
MyGirlKylie
it's me
lucy
cindigirl
Katiedot
10 posters

Go down

George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  Empty George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter

Post by Katiedot Tue 13 Sep 2011, 18:42

Warning! 'Son of a newsman' quote coming up

From Access hollywood

George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter

FIRST PUBLISHED: September 12, 2011 4:54 PM EDT

George Clooney doesn’t mind when reporters ask “dumb questions” – but he might call you out on it in front of the world!

Access Hollywood guest correspondent and Entertainment Weekly Senior Writer Dave Karger caught up with the actor at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival and asked about ripping into a People reporter for getting too personal with a question.

“There’s always one, but you can always point them out. And then they always get a little smaller as the press conference goes on. It’s OK,” George, who has two movies – “The Ides of March” and “The Descendants” – at the festival, told Dave.

“You nailed him to the wall,” Dave pointed out.

“Honestly, I sort of enjoy that. I grew up as a son of a newsman, as you know,” he continued. “So, I enjoy watching people ask dumb questions, makes me laugh.”

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, when a People magazine reporter asked Clooney at a panel while promoting his new film, which he also directs — “The Ides of March” – which was harder – “directing or dating in the spotlight,” the Oscar winner scolded the scribe.

“Well, you know, it’s funny. I knew someone would do it. I’m a little disappointed it’s you,” Clooney told the reporter on Friday.

“Everyone here is a little ashamed of you right now. Honestly… Listen, I think it’s tremendous you asked the question, go back and tell your editor you asked the question.”

While Clooney has remained mum about former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant and girlfriend Stacy Keibler, the two certainly haven’t been keeping a low profile while in Toronto – pictures of the pair have surfaced hopping from one event to the next.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  Empty Re: George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter

Post by cindigirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 18:51

I thought it was rude and nasty to make fun of that reporter the way he did. Lesson: don't screw with Clooney's private life. But I just thought a simple "next question" would have sufficed.

OOPS, I used an apostrophe, sorry, won't happen again. LOL

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter  Empty Re: George Clooney Explains Slamming Nosy Reporter

Post by lucy Tue 13 Sep 2011, 19:07

Still think he went a little over the top to embarrass and humiliate this reporter. Yes it wasn't a question to ask, George probably feels embarrassed when reporters ask him these types of questions in front of his peers and at a press con. but to take such enjoyment from someone asking dumb questions! Well excuse me MR. SON OF a man with a lot more manners and class than you have.

lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 13 Sep 2011, 19:12

but he might call you out on it in front of the world!

ah..... super cool
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 19:14

G must have been in a bad mood that day. Or hung over? LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 13 Sep 2011, 19:32

I agree, a simple 'Next question,please' would have driven his point home without embarrassing the guy.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Tue 13 Sep 2011, 20:10

I actually thought it was funny but I'm mean like that. Very Happy
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 20:13

Why is it okay for a reporter to ask George a question that is sure to embarass him, but not okay for him to embarass the reporter by calling him out for the question? It wasn't a press conference called for discussion of his personal life with him being the only one as interviewee. It was a press conference to interview the cast of IOM about IOM and nothing else. Really, what's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander. Laughing
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 13 Sep 2011, 20:21

very well said!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:14

Something has happened to George in recent months, his behavior has changed. You do not change for no reason at age 50! Surely with this reporter was not from person ironic compote and polite as always. In Venice, it seemed forced fun, an actor who appeared at the festival featured a comedy and not a drama. In a very veiled the Italian press has noticed. He has always been a nice person but in Venice has gone too far. It seemed that he was afraid that people abandon him because of his break with Elizabetta. George, Italy will not abandon you but you back to being yourself why so insecure a little less like you.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:40

He has given similar responses when reporters have asked him about the women he dates. He has always made it known that he won't answer personal questions. I kinda thought it was funny,but to the point.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:43

me2

notte
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:52

He always responded with "no comment", but never so rude as to Toronto. Gee I've never seen behave so rude and dismissive.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Wed 14 Sep 2011, 00:19

i have to say, that with George facing spinal/back surgery again in a few months he may be in pain and not sleeping well. So if that's the case and he was irritated by the reporters question it may just have given what he intended as humor more of an edge to it than was intended.

(I had cervical spinal surgery a few years back myself)

But i also have to say the reporters question was out of line imho, george was there on promoting his films.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 14 Sep 2011, 01:26

IMO, he's been like this for awhile, I first noticed the don't ask me questions I don't want to answer attitude after the SL time. Now I'm begging to think that it is just a small part of his personality he keeps reined in. We all have sides of us that are not attractive, and George has a razor tongue.
Pattygirl glad to have you back, and you are right what right did the reporter have to be asking personal questions in that venue, but George should be expecting questions like this, and him replying the way he did, made him look like some kind of immature jerk"how dare you question my love life" well don't put it out there the way you do! There are many famous stars that date and the public knows very little about it. With George I feel this is the monster he created. Yes I'am a GTC fan, I just took off my blinders about a year ago.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 14 Sep 2011, 07:18

the monster he created!

oh Shocked
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Sep 2011, 16:42

NEWS MULTIMEDIA LINKS
Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:30

When you are a star of international fame is only natural that any facts that pertain to their private life inevitably ends to become public, especially if the fact in question relates to the presence of a new girlfriend: If then this new girlfriend goes to parade on the red carpet, then it is made.

Unfortunately not all the stars fail to realize this, first of all, George Clooney, at the Toronto Film Festival, took bad words, a journalist who was simply allowed to ask him a question about his love life: the rest was inevitable, considering that the actor is in the eye of the storm not only because of his break with Elisabetta Canalis, especially for having found a new girl after such a short time, ie the former American wrestler Stacey Keibler.

Nevertheless, Clooney did not take at all well the provocative question of the reporter, that is, if it is more difficult to shoot a movie or go out with a woman in the spotlight, and made a sort of lecture, saying they feel let down by him and claiming that was doing all ashamed, as if that was not enough he then claimed that the poor man to tell him his name before the whole audience speechless, so that everyone could remember him.

Later, the actor explained that, being the son of a journalist, likes to ask him stupid questions when teasing a shame that the star tends to forget that they do for fun, but simply because it's their job.
italian link
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 16:55

The point is the press conference was about his movie, it wasn't a personal one-on-one interview. That is where a question like that should be asked, not at a table with a number of other actors who are also being questioned regarding the movie. There is a time and a place for everything and that was not the time or the place for a personal question. He did a one-on-one with THR interviewer, and as they covered many aspects of his life, would have been a more appropos setting for that type of question ( which never happened). Perhaps, future reporters will know that forewarned is forearmed.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Sep 2011, 16:58

Understand the attitude of Clooney, but tired of gossip, a star of his caliber, one would have expected at least to know more. Mock a man who is doing his job, for more in front of an audience of colleagues, is not synonymous with elegance and that George should know.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:19

Was he really just doing his job? He was there to question the actors about all aspects of the movie and he deviated from what he was there for. Maybe he's tired of the gossip too and this was his way of shutting it down in a way that he thought was funny. A bit of embarassment and ridicule never really hurt anyone for long. Never hurts a reporter to have his name out there. May get him some cutting edge work in the future.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:24

The reporter was from People magazine. The magazine who voted G sexiest man alive 2x (let's not forget the 2x). Maybe because he was from People mag he thought he could get away with it. If this whole thing wasn't scripted G may just have been in a bad mood. In spite of him being so insanely nice he is human.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:40

Anything's possible. Just because you scratch my back, doesn't mean that you can kick me in the butt, when the spirit moves you.

Love the fact that he is so human as well as so insanely nice and yummy!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down