George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
HOW TO . . . add a link to another website EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
HOW TO . . . add a link to another website EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
HOW TO . . . add a link to another website EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
HOW TO . . . add a link to another website EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
HOW TO . . . add a link to another website EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
HOW TO . . . add a link to another website EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
HOW TO . . . add a link to another website EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
HOW TO . . . add a link to another website EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
HOW TO . . . add a link to another website EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

HOW TO . . . add a link to another website

4 posters

Go down

HOW TO . . . add a link to another website Empty HOW TO . . . add a link to another website

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 Sep 2011, 08:39

This is the easiest thing in the whole wide world and there's no excuse for anyone not doing this!

Let's suppose you wanted to add a link from a story in the Daily Mail website to this forum. You would do it like this:

1. Go to the website
2. Copy the address (the bit that begins http://www. . . . . . . ) by highlighting it and right clicking, then choosing 'copy'. Make sure you get all of the address because sometimes they can be a bit long.
3. Come back to this forum
4. Just paste that address in your post (right click and choose 'paste'). The computer will automatically make it clickable for you.

HOW TO . . . add a link to another website How_to10
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

HOW TO . . . add a link to another website Empty Re: HOW TO . . . add a link to another website

Post by it's me Sat 03 Sep 2011, 08:46

another example .....no?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

HOW TO . . . add a link to another website Empty Re: HOW TO . . . add a link to another website

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 Sep 2011, 08:53

Next step. Please don't just stop at posting the link. Please continue on and post the actual story. Again, it's incredibly easy so no reason not to be doing this.

There are several reasons why I'd like you to include the actual story itself:

Firstly, it's just much more convenient for everyone on this site to be able to read what we're talking about right here in the forum instead of having to click through to another site.

And secondly some sites update, move, change or delete their information quickly. If you go back and look at older discussions you'll often find the links to the story being discussed no longer work and you'll have no idea what's being discussed.

How to copy an article from one site to the forum:

1. Select all the text on the site (left click with your mouse then scroll down the page. When you've got it all, right click your mouse and choose 'copy')

2. Come back to the forum and paste the story into your post (right click on your mouse and select 'paste')

3. To make the article you've pasted look neater, make sure you include it inside quotes, like this:

HOW TO . . . add a link to another website Quotin10

You MUST begin the article by using the quote instruction and you must end it by using /quote instruction. If you randomly thow in quote or /quote in the middle of the text, the computer won't know what to do!

Please remember that all instructions to the computer must go inside square parentheses: [ or ] as in my example above. It won't work if you use the wrong shape parenthesis.

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 03 Sep 2011, 09:02; edited 2 times in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 03 Sep 2011, 08:58

thanks Kat

bye!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 03 Sep 2011, 16:22

Katie - I thank you. Am making a notebook with "How To" instructions. Maybe even someone as computer challenged as I am can do this. You make it look easy.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 03 Sep 2011, 16:26

I agree Blubelle! In my case, maybe old dawgs CAN learn new tricks!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down