George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney - better looking in real life EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney - better looking in real life EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney - better looking in real life EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney - better looking in real life EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney - better looking in real life EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney - better looking in real life EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney - better looking in real life EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney - better looking in real life EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney - better looking in real life EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney - better looking in real life

+8
LornaDoone
cindigirl
lelacorb
lucy
it's me
pattygirl
melbert
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

George Clooney - better looking in real life Empty George Clooney - better looking in real life

Post by Katiedot Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:27

Tell us something we don't know!

From westroxbury patch
20 Aug 2011
Jessica Chastain Knocks Me Out
Sometimes Hollywood beauties are prettier than their pictures.

There’s a reason they call the folks who make movies “the beautiful people.” We love to look at them, stare at them, gawk at them, perfectly lit and made up to appear even more alluring, gazing down from the big screen.

But there have been occasions when I’ve met some of these stars and realized that they’re actually not very photogenic. That they’re even more gorgeous in person than they are on the screen.

It hasn’t happened to me very often. The first time was actually quite unnerving. I was in New York, sitting in a small hotel room with a few other journalists, interviewing the cast members of “The Talented Mr. Ripley,” one at a time. I didn’t see Gwyneth Paltrow walk in; I felt her presence. She had what’s known in the business as “it.” There was a sort of aura around her, a force field that preceded her. When I turned toward it and first saw her, she was, for lack of a better term, glowing. I was so buzzed by her, it took about two minutes for me to calm down. Very weird feeling.

A few years later, I was sitting in a couch-filled, first floor room at the Four Seasons in Los Angeles, hanging out between interviews. There was some commotion just outside, where I could see a couple of photographers running around. A glass door opened, and an angel floated in. She was about 5’8”, long blonde hair, wearing something like a Victorian-era wedding gown. I was all alone in the room. She walked by me, just a few feet away, and I again felt that aura, this time accompanied by an absolutely dazzling smile, aimed right at me. In fact, that smile went right through me, made my knees go weak. I had no idea who this woman was, but I would have followed her anywhere, my feet never touching the ground.

Turned out it was an unrecognizable Toni Collette (currently starring in “United States of Tara”), who had always appeared kind of drab in movies ranging from “The Sixth Sense” to “Little Miss Sunshine.” In person, she really shone.

It happened again last week, again at the Four Seasons. I had already seen newcomer Jessica Chastain as the downtrodden mom in “The Tree of Life,” the sort of comic relief in “The Help” and, just the night before, as the kick-ass Mossad agent in the upcoming thriller “The Debt.” Now, here she was, in one of those small hotel rooms, in very close proximity – her chair was next to mine. That aura thing kicked in, as did the effect of her stunning white dress that looked suspiciously like a very fancy slip, and a radiant smile that made her absolutely luminous. I don’t know exactly what happened next, but the other five people in the room didn’t exist anymore, a blue light flashed and enveloped me (yes, it was totally imagined), and I didn’t hear a word she said for at least five minutes. Of course, I still had to write a story about her. It’s a good thing my tape recorder was running.

For the record, I’ve spoken with some female journalists who have reported similar results when meeting Jude Law and George Clooney.

Ed Symkus is a longtime West Roxbury resident and a freelance writer who covers the film industry
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney - better looking in real life Empty Re: George Clooney - better looking in real life

Post by melbert Sun 21 Aug 2011, 15:55

*hand up in the air* - yup, that would be me - totally star-struck!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney - better looking in real life Empty Re: George Clooney - better looking in real life

Post by pattygirl Sun 21 Aug 2011, 16:19

How could we not be star-struck.? Let's face it, these stars are not ordinary people to us, they are always larger than life, because that is now we see them, up there on the big screen. It doesn't matter how ordinary their lives are, they are stars. We all wish we could see them upclose and personal so that we could then see how truly beautiful they are. And they are all beautiful in their own way. I have seen Thelma Ritter and Nathan Lane in person. Without theatrical makeup, their skin was beautiful, smooth and clear. Even Thelma, who was at that time, at least 60. So they are definitely better looking in real life. George, who doesn't wear theatrical makeup (except to dirty him up when needed), will alway look good and wonderful.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 21 Aug 2011, 16:22

I'm sure!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 21 Aug 2011, 18:15

Even his women friends have commented that he is much better looking in person. That's hard for me to wrap my mind around, for me he's beautiful on film.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 21 Aug 2011, 18:37

And 'more beautiful in person but has a flaw, he bites her cuticles nails and bleed sometimes. Defect as a teenager!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011, 19:02

lelacorb wrote:And 'more beautiful in person but has a flaw, he bites her cuticles nails and bleed sometimes. Defect as a teenager!

Where did you hear that Lelacorb? Or do you know him?

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 21 Aug 2011, 19:08

Cindy I read that a lot about him. There is a pic from when he was filming The American. It actually shows him biting his cuticles and if you look closely at his hands in the film you can see little cuts by his nails. It's probably a nervous habit, he is after all very intense, hiding a lot of his feelings with humor.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 21 Aug 2011, 19:22

No one is perfect. Each of us has to have some little flaw. It's a habit that I think is hard to break, and at 50 probably impossible.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011, 20:28

Well, I couldn’t imagine the life he leads… Especially if he’s as shy as everyone makes him out to be. If it’s a habit, it would be hard to break. Poor baby, I’d be happy to give him something else to bite on! And was he with Eli while shooting that film?

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 21 Aug 2011, 20:37

Hi Cindy, I think he had just started going out with Eli then. It was in the summer and he made The American to help the people in the area affected by the earthquake.

Oh wait he was going out with her then, no wonder he was biting his cuticles!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 21 Aug 2011, 20:50

Now girls, meow, meow. He's been biting his cuticles for years, long before Eli, or even Sarah.

And, Cindy, just what would you give him to bite on, huh? He wouldn't want to hurt you, so maybe just a nibble or two, or three or ................................
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 21 Aug 2011, 21:33

He has beautiful hands but he eats the cuticles all the time even when t is at the restaurant and when he speaks with the friends.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 21 Aug 2011, 22:10

He really is BETTER looking in person - I know that is difficult to imagine cause he is good looking on film and in photo shoots -- but it's true. He is also much thinner in person surprisingly small boned and more delicate features than in pictures and film.

Cindy Crawford is another one who is WAY better looking in person.

Now someone who wasn't better looking in person was Renee Z. She really looked older - very deep creases/wrinkles by her eyes.

Angelina Jolie - Wow Wow! I saw her in person and she has the most beautiful profile. But very thin.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011, 22:50

[quote="pattygirl"And, Cindy, just what would you give him to bite on, huh? He wouldn't want to hurt you, so maybe just a nibble or two, or three or ................................
[/quote]

super cool Whistle I dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 21 Aug 2011, 23:34

Don't try to look innocent, cindy! You don't expect me to believe you dunno. You are a devil!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 21 Aug 2011, 23:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] rabbit
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 21 Aug 2011, 23:49

Cute one Atalante!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 22 Aug 2011, 01:33

great find Atalante ! LOL
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 22 Aug 2011, 17:00

I know Gee has a large ego, but didn't think it was THAT BIG!!!!!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 22 Aug 2011, 18:18

I just hope I get the opportunity one day to test the better looking in person theory. Wink

Hmmm...something to distract him from the oral fixation of biting his cuticles? Whatever could that be? LoL
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down