George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros

5 posters

Go down

George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros Empty George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros

Post by party animal - not! Wed 29 Mar 2023, 18:28

Or maybe Warner Bros heads are part of Smokehouse (?)

Whichever it is George and Grant have been very busy!

https://deadline.com/2023/03/george-clooney-grant-heslovs-smokehouse-pictures-warner-bros-film-deal-co-heads-mike-de-luca-pam-abdy-1235310628/

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros Empty Re: George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros

Post by PigPen Thu 30 Mar 2023, 13:19

I wonder if this will compromise their ability to make the kind of movies they want.  Remenber George saying he and Grant make movies they would want to see?   Will WB have more control over their ideas/productions???

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros Empty Re: George and Grant and Smokehouse are now part of Warner Bros

Post by LizzyNY Thu 30 Mar 2023, 15:00

PP - I was wondering the same thing. From all he's said about how they like to work I doubt they'd sign any deal that would compromise their work.

That said, I'm wondering what's happening with the OSU/Gym Jordan "documentary". Is it not finished or is HBO sitting on it for some reason? Maybe waiting to release closer to election? Jordan needs to be stopped and this film might do it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 30 Mar 2023, 18:42

It could be the beginning of the opting out of so much/retirement thingy bit where there are others to do some of the work, maybe

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 30 Mar 2023, 20:03

[size=37]George Clooney & Grant Heslov’s Smokehouse Pictures Coming Home To Warner Bros In Film Deal With Co-Heads Mike De Luca & Pam Abdy[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[size=11]By Mike Fleming Jr

[/size]

Mike Fleming Jr

Co-Editor-in-Chief, Film
@DeadlineMike

More Stories By Mike

March 27, 2023 8:30am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney and Grant HeslovGetty Images
EXCLUSIVE: Smokehouse Pictures partners George Clooney and Grant Heslov have signed an overall film deal with the Warner Bros. Pictures Group and its Co-Chairs and CEOs Mike De Luca and Pam Abdy. It amounts to a homecoming for the filmmakers, who named their company for the Smoke House steak joint right off the Warner Bros lot, where they used to eat all the time. Clooney’s history with the studio goes back to his breakthrough starring role in the Warner Bros Television drama ER. They made their first deal at Warner Bros when they formed Smokehouse in 2006.
The duo told those who attended with them during a Q&A session at last Friday night’s screening of All The President’s Men that is part of a monthly screening series of WB classics set up by De Luca & Abdy. Clooney and Heslov will return to offices on the lot — one of the few pictures Clooney had on the wall that I observed was him in the Batman mask, as he didn’t like the fit and wanted to remind himself to not take jobs just because of the money and commercial rewards. The intention now is for Clooney and Heslov to become cornerstone filmmakers for the studio.

RELATED STORY

101 Studios Makes Overall Deal With Smokehouse TV Partners George Clooney & Grant Heslov

Under the terms of the deal, WBPG and SmokeHouse can jointly develop original material as well as partner on projects based on current IP and archive titles from Warner Bros. Discovery’s extensive library.
Their bonds with De Luca and Abdy strengthened when they worked closely together at MGM on the Clooney-directed drama The Boys in the Boat, before the execs moved to Warner Bros.  
“We’re thrilled to welcome George, Grant and the Smokehouse team back to Warner Bros.,” said De Luca and Abdy. “Grant and George are accomplished and respected filmmakers whose rich history with the Studio includes the Oscar-winning Argo, among many popular and acclaimed titles.  They have great instincts and sensibilities as filmmakers, and we’re excited to partner with them in this new era.”
Smokehouse in February made a TV deal with 101 Studios.
On the film front, Smokehouse has produced a number of high-profile film and TV projects at Warner Bros. That includes the 2013 Best Picture-winning Argo as well as Good Night, and Good Luck, Ocean’s 8, Our Brand is Crisis and the HBO films O.G. and The Art of Political Murder.  The company has also produced such films as The Tender Bar, Ticket to Paradise, The American, August: Osage County, Leatherheads, Catch-22, The Ides of March, Money Monster and Suburbicon.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 30 Mar 2023, 22:35

Thanks, Annemarie. It sounds like a good deal all around. I wonder if George will get his old office back? Smile

Also makes me wonder if he's planning to move more permanently to LA. They need a stable situation for the twins and he might be getting tired of the constant flooding in Sonning. Dealing with that must be really expensive, even for him - and frustrating, since it seems to happen on a fairly regular basis.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 31 Mar 2023, 19:22

Thanks, Annemarie.

Lizzy, the floodiand of courseng thing has been there for years and it wouldn't surprise me if they kept it- honeymoon and all that - it's a good base for her work. I suspect that the children have tutors and will have until settled is necessary - friendships, college, university. (Emily Blunt has both hers in a British school with  as she says 'a school uniform and her parents are there and hers sister who is married to Stanley Tucci) 

George's life is really scattered, as is Amal's - and if course they have the UK house, the Italian house and now the French House - never mind the Augusta base and the NY place near the UN, and certainly at least two of those places are equipped for editing film etc. Oh, and of course there's the odd plane.............

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Mar 2023, 23:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Not to mention the spread in LA.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I guess it's nice to have so many options, but unless the twins are "home schooled" with tutors they'll have to settle somewhere soon. Once again, rich people's problems. I'm sure they'll handle it well.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 02 Apr 2023, 12:10

Your all very welcome. It will be interesting to see where they settle down.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Mon 03 Apr 2023, 21:36

My bet is LA. I think I read somewhere that it was the most secure of all of their homes.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down