George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public

2 posters

Go down

George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public Empty George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public

Post by Admin Sat 25 Feb 2023, 16:58

Not sure if this is new news or old news?  Sorry if it's a repeat:

“I didn’t necessarily believe him quite honestly”: George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Despite Matt Damon and Ben Affleck Calling Him an ‘A—hole’ Before His Crimes Became Public

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Harvey Weinstein files have become the modern-era Watergate equivalent of sexual abuse and misconduct in Hollywood. With scores of women coming forward with their truths, the case keeps getting increasingly horrifying in its intensity. George Clooney and Matt Damon, both of whom have had a close encounter working with the megaproducer in their years since starting in the industry, both came forward in the months since 2017’s media exposes to publicly denounce the former mogul.

This dialogue with the male partisans who have either witnessed or were partially aware of what was happening behind the curtains has been long overdue. And even though there isn’t much that Clooney and Damon can contribute to the debate now, the actors talking about accountability and spreading awareness regarding the abuse are welcome changes.

George Clooney and Matt Damon publicly denounce Harvey Weinstein

George Clooney Opens Up About Harvey Weinstein Scandal

The Harvey Weinstein scandal has rocked the entire industry from the inside out, shaking loose every thread that so much as distantly ties anyone with him together. Quentin Tarantino, who has continued working closely with the producer despite allegations in the years prior to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] movement, only recently confessed negligence on his part.

Quentin Tarantino with Harvey Weinstein

The Pulp Fiction director claimed, “I wish I had taken responsibility” when it came to speaking out about Weinstein – a statement that makes one wonder about the extent to which Tarantino was aware of Weinstein’s misconduct. Soon after the watershed moment of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] movement in 2017, George Clooney and Matt Damon came forward to speak out on the matter, with Clooney revealing:

“Harvey would talk to me about women that he’d had affairs with. I didn’t necessarily believe him quite honestly, because to believe him would be to believe the worst of some actresses who were friends of mine. The idea that this predator — this assaulter — was out there silencing women like that… it’s beyond infuriating. There has to be a comeuppance for all of this. All of the people who were part of that chain. And then, we have to make it safe for people to feel that they can talk about it. We’re going to have these discussions, and we’re going to make it harder for it to happen.”

George Clooney speaks out against Harvey Weinstein

George Clooney’s statement, no matter how noble in its intention, now feels like it’s too little, too late. The Ocean’s Eleven actor has been an integral part of the industry since the ’90s and with the privilege that comes with such stature as his in Hollywood, standing up for his colleagues who have been subjected to Weinstein’s abuse for years would have been acknowledged and appreciated at a time when a strong and irrefutable testimony was needed.

However, Clooney is making up for his previous silence by going on to call out those who have stood by Weinstein, including esteemed Hollywood director, Woody Allen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public Empty Re: George Clooney Regrets Not Standing Up Against Harvey Weinstein Before His Crimes Became Public

Post by party animal - not! Sat 25 Feb 2023, 17:03

Yes, I always felt (probably wrongly) that their reaction seemed a bit muted, tho given the numbers calling out Weinstein (eventually) probably not. 

Staggering how long it went on for..

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down