George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad

4 posters

Go down

George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad Empty George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad

Post by Admin Wed 16 Feb 2022, 17:57

Anyone want to join me in speculating which airline he turned down?  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad
”If it takes a minute’s sleep away from me, it’s not worth it,“ Clooney tells The Guardian

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Adam Chitwood | December 3, 2021 @ 9:28 AM

[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Getty Images
Actor and filmmaker George Clooney was offered $35 million for a single day of work in an airline commercial, but he turned it down because of the airline’s association with a particular country.
Clooney confided the fact in an interview with The Guardian, when he was asked whether he ever thinks he has enough money.

“Well, yeah,” Clooney replied. “I was offered $35 million for one day’s work for an airline commercial, but I talked to Amal [Clooney, the human rights lawyer he married in 2014] about it and we decided it’s not worth it. It was [associated with] a country that, although it’s an ally, is questionable at times, and so I thought: ‘Well, if it takes a minute’s sleep away from me, it’s not worth it.’”

Clooney declined to name the country, but he added elsewhere in the interview that he and his wife Amal have discussed the notion that he doesn’t have to act to make a living. “In general, there just aren’t that many great parts – and, look, I don’t have to act,” Clooney said. “My wife and I had this conversation when I turned 60 this summer. I said: ‘I can still bounce around pretty good, and we both love what we do. But we gotta make sure we don’t book ourselves silly.’ So, part of it is just us making sure we live our lives.”

The “Ocean’s Eleven” actor isn’t opposed to commercial work — he’s been the face of Nespresso for years — but the airline commercial crossed a line in his personal beliefs.

The Oscar-winning performer, producer, writer and director has never been one to shy away from his opinions in public – political or otherwise. He recently called the tragic death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins “infuriating,” adding that he personally inspects every gun he’s handed on a set.
“Every single time I’m handed a gun on the set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it too, I show it to the crew,” he said. “Every single take.” Afterwards, “You hand it back to the armor when you’re done.”

Last edited by Admin on Wed 16 Feb 2022, 17:59; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad Empty Re: George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad

Post by Admin Wed 16 Feb 2022, 17:59

Although I'm thinking it's Qatar Airways, if I had to guess, I'd say Turkish Airlines - just because they use celebrities in their advertising campaign. Qatar seem to stick with just football players.  

Any thoughts?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad Empty Re: George Clooney Says He Turned Down a $35 Million Payday for One Day’s Work – in an Airline Ad

Post by LizzyNY Wed 16 Feb 2022, 20:54

The Saudis?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 16 Feb 2022, 21:35

There was a commercial for Turkish Airlines during the Super Bowl here in America this weekend that started Morgan Freeman, and I immediately wondered if that was the one he turned down. 🤔
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Admin and Ida like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 17 Feb 2022, 02:40

I believe Turkish Airlines has denied the story (but maybe they would). Emirates comes to mind, but then I remembered that Amal's father was heavily involved with Lebanon Airlines when they existed, and maybe knows a thing or two.

And when I googled Turkish Airlines and the George and Amal connections or otherwise, this came up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is part of Geoffrey Robertson's autobiography and talks about a mutual friend who was with Amal when she met George - and also refers to Amal's Armenian cases -against Turkey....

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 18 Feb 2022, 13:32

Good find!  Cool to know that George has a regular Armenian car park attendant at the airport in LA.

I'm guessing it wasn't Alitalia!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum