George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools

4 posters

Go down

George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools Empty George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools

Post by party animal - not! Wed 24 Nov 2021, 00:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note: looks like the producer of Ticket to Paradise (and Notting Hill etc) and Bryan Lourd are also involved in this

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools Empty Re: George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools

Post by LizzyNY Wed 24 Nov 2021, 01:53

Very Happy I love this! I'm curious how they will coordinate the industry-centric curriculum with the mandated academics. I hope the focus is really on career development. Not every kid can or should go to college, but we put so much emphasis on a college education that kids who can't go don't see that they have much of a future. Schools like these could change that. I wish them much success.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools Empty Re: George, Grant and others on their sponsorship of two new Hollywood schools

Post by Donnamarie Thu 25 Nov 2021, 04:02

Totally agree Lizzy.  This is a terrific endeavor.  It’s practical and very, very smart.  A great way to infuse more diversity into Hollywood moviemaking.  Way to go George and Grant.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 14 Oct 2023, 10:45

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George and friends at a ceremony at the Roybel Film School in LA yesterday.

Also addresses the SAG strike and encourages people to involve themselves

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 14 Oct 2023, 21:37

[size=34]George Clooney looks dashing as he delivers speech at his Roybal School of Film alongside Eva Longoria, Kerry Washington and Don Cheadle[/size]
By TERRY ZELLER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 22:09 EDT, 13 October 2023 | UPDATED: 02:02 EDT, 14 October 2023

comments

George Clooney gave a speech at his Roybal School of Film and Television Production Magnet in downtown Los Angeles on Friday.
The Oscar winner, 62, was spotted at the podium in a casual wardrobe of polo and jeans as he raised awareness for the institution, whose mission is to 'build a more inclusive pipeline of historically underrepresented, college and career ready students interested in the film and television industries,' per its website.
Surrounded by a bevy of Hollywood heavyweights — including Eva LongoriaKerry Washington and Don Cheadle — George looked to have the audience enraptured, as he was highly animated throughout the speech. 
Afterwards, Clooney — who is handing over the Ocean's 11 series to Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling — posed with the three superstar actors, as the group threw their arms around each other and smiled for the shutterbugs.
Eva and Kerry took to the stage as well, offering inspirational words for the young student body. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+14
View gallery

School in session: George Clooney gave a speech at his Roybal School of Film and Television Production Magnet in downtown Los Angeles on Friday

+14
View gallery

Famous friends: George was surrounded by a bevy of Hollywood heavyweights, including Eva Longoria , Kerry Washington and Don Cheadle 

+14
View gallery

Inspiring women: Eva and Kerry took to the stage as well, offering inspirational words for the young student body
TRENDING

The adverts the A-list didn't want you to see!
9.4k viewing now

EXCLUSIVE: Wife of 'Hulk' star Lou Ferrigno is seen shopping in LA
11.1k viewing now

Dean McDermott seen with new girlfriend in line at LA welfare office
62.8k viewing now

Don, who is a Roybal Advisory Board Member, was on hand for the second year in a row, as he attended in 2022 alongside Mindy Kaling.
At Friday's event, George also spoke out about the SAG strike, urging Hollywood studios to re-engage in negotiations with the striking actors, per Reuters.
Negotiations between the studios and the SAG-AFTRA actors' union were suspended on Wednesday after studios rejected a demand for a bonus tied to the number of streaming TV subscribers. 
George called the breakdown in negotiations 'worrisome.'
'At least get in the room. Don't take a vacation,' he added. 
The star added that SAG-AFTRA President Fran Drescher had told him she was ready to restart negotiations and that he hoped the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) would follow her lead.
'Hopefully we can just get in a room and get this thing solved,' he said.
George's rousing address was the second time he spoke at the Roybal School, as last year's event had him putting his wit on full display. 
[size=18]George and Amal Clooney attend the second annual Albie Awards

Lo
[/size]

+14
View gallery

Striking star: At Friday's event, George also spoke out about the SAG strike, urging Hollywood studios to re-engage in negotiations with the striking actors

+14
View gallery

Worried for the future: George called the breakdown in negotiations of the SAG strike 'worrisome'

+14
View gallery

Solidarity: Negotiations between the studios and the SAG-AFTRA actors' union were suspended on Wednesday after studios rejected a demand for a bonus tied to the number of streaming TV subscribers

'When you think of actors, you don't think of education, in general. I mean, you look at me, you just think, "Oh, he's just the best Batman of all-time,'" he joked during the ceremony,
He also spoke with ET at the launch about why he thought creating this school in Los Angeles was so important.
'We're excited about this. We feel like there’s a real opportunity here, and it’s something that I think we missed in our industry, and I think it’s something that it’s pretty obvious what the solution is — and it’s starting earlier,' he said.
'I just felt like, if you see a hole, you try to fill it, and this is one that it just seemed like — I was in London, and we were staffing up, and because it’s been a very busy time in the industry, it’s hard to find crew, and we need to do a lot better about inclusivity,' he mentioned.

+14
View gallery

Returning champ: Don, who is a Roybal Advisory Board Member, was on hand for the second year in a row, as he attended in 2022 alongside Mindy Kaling

+14
View gallery

Talk it out: 'At least get in the room. Don't take a vacation,' George said of the SAG strike negotiations

+14
View gallery

Hug it out: Kerry and Eva shared a big hug after their speech

+14
View gallery

Governor report: Gavin Newsom made a speech at the Roybal School of Film after George Clooney
[size=18]George and Amal Clooney step out to attend The Albie Awards

L
[/size]

+14
View gallery

Busy star: Eva was also seen at the Hollywood Museum celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month

+14
View gallery

Cruise control: Eva was joined by Diane Warren and Richard Montañez
He said he would be willing to lend a hand in the classroom as well. 
'I'm gonna come in. And listen, this is below-the-line guys, right? So, I'm not really gonna come in and talk about directing or acting, but I can come in and sit down with the kids when they're editing and stuff like that, so, something like that,' he explained. 
In June 2021, George, Grant Heslov, and Bryan Lourd partnered with the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) to establish The Roybal Film and Television Magnet.
The school is described as, 'a specialized academy housed within the Edward R. Roybal Learning Center,' which will provide, 'Los Angeles Unified teachers with access to renowned storytellers, along with industry professionals and experts, and support students with a robust academic education and practical training, establishing a clear pathway to good-paying jobs.'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down